Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does this put Rod as the only Legend adjacent act actually in the vicinity and free to do it?

I guess the only argument to what does look to be an obvious fit is that artists have been known to have been in the south west at the same time and surprisingly not played. Elton is actually a good example of that. It could just be a geographical coincidence, but it all does point towards Sir Roderick, doesn't it? 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I guess the only argument to what does look to be an obvious fit is that artists have been known to have been in the south west at the same time and surprisingly not played. Elton is actually a good example of that. It could just be a geographical coincidence, but it all does point towards Sir Roderick, doesn't it? 

Yeah considering we’ve got fuck all else realistic possibilities and this has had us all stumped, now that he’s announced those dates it’s so obviously him. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Interesting to see another mention of Badminton as being Bristol. Have tours often done that?  I'd never noticed before him and the Who. 

I'm not sure I've known gigs at Badminton before? It's very close to Westonbirt that holds the Forest Live gigs, and I really don't like them as the venues attract a type of attendee (picnic, blanket, punnet of strawberries etc) and I imagine that Badminton would be even worse!

Its really not 'Bristol'.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Rodnarok.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just one stage from when I’ve been there. Usually just main act plus three or four supports.

Sam Fender certainly had 2 stages last year.  Think with the amount Jamie T has announced so far too indicates he’ll probably have 2 stages too

Just now, gfa said:

Yeah Finsbury park generally has 2 stages, the second stage is awful you have to look uphill to see it very weird setup

Only been twice but it was single stage both times.  Thinking about the layout/geography of the site I was struggling to picture where a second stage would go as it's a bit of a natural amphitheatre with the main stage at the foot of the hill.  Is the second one at the top then?  Where the bars generally are? 

30 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Only been twice but it was single stage both times.  Thinking about the layout/geography of the site I was struggling to picture where a second stage would go as it's a bit of a natural amphitheatre with the main stage at the foot of the hill.  Is the second one at the top then?  Where the bars generally are? 

something like this i think. pink is the stage - purple crowd area and then the two ways into it

image.png.e499089075be9694fb00ca0d90d7667d.png

The Lemon Twigs have announced some UK dates to go with the new album, 27th May - 1st June.  Might be a bit too early in the month for it to be a serious GSH, but one to keep an eye on.

They were a surprising amount of fun in JPT in 2017, wouldn't be averse to them popping up somewhere again.

Would rather have a very good five or six-act bill on a single stage than mess around with that second at Finsbury. The 1975 have got a cooking bill there.

Rod very much feels like the safe money. Will try and get down to Hull, could be fun. (His show there is two days before The Who, at the home of Hull Kingston Rovers. Assume it'll be the same stage.)