Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

6 minutes ago, Punisher said:

I wonder if they’ll bring Beabadoobee back, her set last year was pretty panned.

Beabadoobee, Holly Humberstone, Wet Leg, Confidence Man and Self Esteem seem like the most obvious ones to come back (barring the usual Fatboy, Beans etc..)

1 hour ago, incident said:

Are you thinking of Winston, who is persona non grata after people realised he's a twat?

Don't think the rest of the band is affected.

It is annoying when stereotypes are reinforced. It just *had* to be the banjo player.

28 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Was he the one who basically came out as a Nazi?

I feel like me even writing a post that says "he literally just read and enjoyed a book" will have people jumping down my throat calling me a Nazi. The trend of using that word to describe people doing inane things needs to get in the bin. Not saying that's what you were doing if you didn't know what he did. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I feel like me even writing a post that says "he literally just read and enjoyed a book" will have people jumping down my throat calling me a Nazi. The trend of using that word to describe people doing inane things needs to get in the bin. Not saying that's what you were doing if you didn't know what he did. 

Tbf, although what he initially did may not have warranted such a furious outcry, he’s doubled down on it and then some since with various media appearances and hanging out with other dubious far right aligned people, so not gonna feel too bad about him losing his day job the way he did. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf, although what he initially did may not have warranted such a furious outcry, he’s doubled down on it and then some since with various media appearances and hanging out with other dubious far right aligned people, so not gonna feel too bad about him losing his day job the way he did. 

If the guy wants to fall for grifters like Ngo and Peterson it's up to him, as you say, I'm not gonna feel bad about it and certainly not gonna defend those people. I just remember at the time some of the absolute vitriol thrown at him for again - literally reading a book - felt unwarranted. Hate people bandying around terms like Nazi for people doing things like reading books and, as is the hot topic of the week, playing video games. 

His music was a bigger crime anyway. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, hes hanging around Ariel Pink and other far right crazies now

Just now, gfa said:

Why have they spent all their money on the thursday headliner lol? very strange

The festival attracts an older clientele, mostly Fairport fans so the Sunday is the biggie for them. Also acts like 10CC and Strawbs will suit them.  Slightly surprised that beans on toast is playing.  Peat and Diesel will also be a popular choice.  Maybe Kiki Dee will bring on Elton as a guest😊 Went to it a few years ago simply because the Levellers were playing. Quite a decent festival, you can wander round the village and go to the two pubs. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

If the guy wants to fall for grifters like Ngo and Peterson it's up to him, as you say, I'm not gonna feel bad about it and certainly not gonna defend those people. I just remember at the time some of the absolute vitriol thrown at him for again - literally reading a book - felt unwarranted. Hate people bandying around terms like Nazi for people doing things like reading books and, as is the hot topic of the week, playing video games. 

His music was a bigger crime anyway. 

I was only vaguely aware of what happened, but as I recall it he liked a book that was trying to discredit Antifa, then u-turned and apologised, then u-turned again and released a huge statement, basically saying he was right all along and did like/agree with the book and has since gone full right wing nutter.  Is that about it?