One change I'd make to the festival is....

Leyrulion

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

This topic is worth a bump, inspired by the "what do we know" thread. It'll be three years since the last festival, what changes would you like to see? New tech? Improved layout? New stages? Do you like the one-way system? Silver Hayes? Toilets? Better range of alcohol? 

I’m hoping for a slight change to the ticketing system which gives us at least an extra min to confirm our payment in the app … having completed this with seconds to spare before the time out last sale 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m hoping for a slight change to the ticketing system which gives us at least an extra min to confirm our payment in the app … having completed this with seconds to spare before the time out last sale 

I don't think there's one ticket agent that has the perfect system. A few have got some useful features, I can't help but feel like a combination of some of them gives us a much easier and fairer way of securing the tickets 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I don't think there's one ticket agent that has the perfect system. A few have got some useful features, I can't help but feel like a combination of some of them gives us a much easier and fairer way of securing the tickets 

I quite like the persistence thing , but that timer once you are through is an absolute mare , especially with all the adrenaline of tday 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I quite like the persistence thing , but that timer once you are through is an absolute mare , especially with all the adrenaline of tday 

I don't mind the timer so much, maybe they should give a little more time. 5-10 minutes should be more than sufficient for someone who's prepared, taking adrenaline and sausage fingers into account 😄

On 1/22/2021 at 11:49 AM, Fishman said:

Last time around, I was sitting at a table outside the Goan Fish Curry place tucking in to it's fine food and struck up a conversation with the random bloke also at the table. Within a minute we were onto the subject of the WH soundsystem and he was off about repeaters and stuff and a letter he'd sent to the management. "Hang on a moment. You're Stu, aren't you". Oh yes, for it was he.

A year late to this but that's marvellous!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Reading the FAQ the other day, it doesn't sound like there's been any change. It does though mention to keep refreshing if it says "all tickets allocated" as attempts that don't go through are released back again. I can't recall seeing that before.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death in the resale thread.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

The persistence thing definitely helps more dedicated people - only having to enter the ticketmaster queue would mean a fraction of the amount of people who managed to get tickets on here would have got them. Lots more first timers though on the other hand

Edited by gfa

On 1/22/2021 at 8:43 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The layout. Ditch Sonic. In fairness the lineup is quite varied but it's arguably the least creative area of festival to a certain extent

Old comment but completely agree with this, was really uninspired by it when I was there, so at odds and mundane compared to the rest of the festival.

Encourage a broader range of racial and social classes to attend. Festivals are becoming ever more white and middle class - Glasto isn't the worst. WOMAD is shameful, considering the diverse music it represents (then the only people of colour you see are cleaning the portaloos). Glasto needs to lead the way on this issue and do more.

22 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Encourage a broader range of racial and social classes to attend. Festivals are becoming ever more white and middle class - Glasto isn't the worst. WOMAD is shameful, considering the diverse music it represents (then the only people of colour you see are cleaning the portaloos). Glasto needs to lead the way on this issue and do more.

Given the ticket buying process, how do you think they could do this though? 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Been said before but would love to see the big stages open up on the Thursday and gates open on the Tuesday. Obviously the licence doesn’t allow this at the moment but we can dream!  

+1 for a Thursday headliner

34 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I don’t think you could have just one Thursday headliner unless it was quite a small act. You’d have major crowd issues otherwise.

I quite liked what TITP used to do and starting the stages at like 3/4pm. Plenty of time to explore in the morning before settling down to see some music in the evening.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

Really not sure how they would, but come up with a better system to control the crowds down in the SE corner. At peak times it gets a bit dicey, and if it’s a wet one, is pretty dangerous imo. 

2019 has often been talked about as not really having any crowd issues down there, especially not like previous years.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Given the ticket buying process, how do you think they could do this though? 

I'm not the ideas person, but when Glasto decides to do something, it happens e.g. when they banished plastic from all the vendors.

I'm sure there are schemes they can do in underprivileged areas to give a quota of free tickets away (the way they hold tickets back for competitions). I'm sure there are better methods that someone could think of.

Just now, Wanderlei said:

I'm not the ideas person, but when Glasto decides to do something, it happens e.g. when they banished plastic from all the vendors.

I'm sure there are schemes they can do in underprivileged areas to give a quota of free tickets away (the way they hold tickets back for competitions). I'm sure there are better methods that someone could think of.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they shouldn’t, I just think the nature of the Glastonbury ticketing system makes it more tricky than any other festival. I think the only real way is as you say, a portion of the tickets held back and allocated somehow. 

3 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Out of curiosity can I ask why you think it's important for Glastonbury to do this?

Not because I don't think it's important but trying to understand what you think the problem that needs to be solved is?