The weather thread 2021

blutarsky

That sense of foreboding and impending doom when you trudge towards the car park wondering if you will get stuck.  Trying to think where the tow hook is located as you watch tractors pulling cars across the mud. I have to say with age comes a reducing ability to cope with thick mud!  2016 we decided to try Worthy View and must admit we’re glad of the relatively mud free car park. 

1 hour ago, El Matador said:

The Monday of 2007 is far and away my worst Glastonbury experience. We waited in the tents for about an hour on the Monday morning hoping the rain would ease then eventually gave in and started packing all our soaked, muddy gear away in the pissing rain. 

Had an epic trudge back to the car then took us 8 hours to get out the car park and another 6 to get back to London. It's a minor miracle I went back really. 

Horrific!

we luckily got a push out of the car park by a tractor and only got caught in about 2 hours worth of traffic at 1pm or so on the A303.

I did have to Wade through thigh high deep water to get to our car park though ☹️

21 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Weather is currently hot sun and cloud. 2 for 1 cocktails and beer lunch in the Crossways. Keep the faith people and wear sunscreen.

20210626_145150.jpg

You are sitting at my favourite spot. Have a Peroni !  What’s going on in the field and at the back of the hotel? When we were there last week there was quite a bit of ground works going on, jcbs etc. 

Sunday looks okish although damp. Leaving on Monday morning would not have been fun if that weather prediction from the BBC stays as it is. I've never left the site during a thunderstorm before...!

End of a perfect Saturday. The sun shone bright and beers were sunk with friends. If there was such a thing as a perfect festival day weather-wise I think I would be hard pushed to better today.

make the most of tonight as we never know what tomorrow brings.

but wear that sun screen

C136B66F-B25B-4331-87AC-BB01487983CD.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Perhaps the glass is half full? So far it has been dry and sunny for all intents and purposes since gates on weds. Life is too short to be so bloody negative all the time. 

Not sure if aimed at me. Nowt negative here, been lovely. Have a few days off and few jobs in the garden to complete and fancied a nice walk. Rain and thunder not conducive to that. Means painting inside ( not as nice)

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

End of a perfect Saturday. The sun shone bright and beers were sunk with friends. If there was such a thing as a perfect festival day weather-wise I think I would be hard pushed to better today.

make the most of tonight as we never know what tomorrow brings.

but wear that sun screen

C136B66F-B25B-4331-87AC-BB01487983CD.jpeg

Had that rooftop to ourselves last week with a steady supply of beer brought to me. Apart from a joiner putting a wooden casement around a big telly! 

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Who DID download piss off in the past to always get wet weather, even when they move the date!

Did a one day ticket for Download about five years ago, walked in and everybody was caked in mud head to foot. I felt obliged to get dirty (ooh missus) as soon as possible to stop feeling out of place. Having said that, I did monsters of rock a few times but the weather was decent. 

Sunday - last day of fun so make it count.

the fukt-ometer is showing 2ml of precipitation overnight. Currently dry and breezy, should be enough to blow away that hangover whilst you prep for a final day of hedonism.

titty Buddha is getting a blow dry which can only increase his smile.

Only the most persistent P.I.S.S members are up this morning. I think they may have found a better venue.

The well, well, well…..what’s one of them?

the skies are grey but not looking like they will produce anything significant today.

Happy Sunday funday runday . A new day for new experiences and new friends.

wear sun screen and pop a few Bob in @Superscally charity box. It’ll make you glow inside as you share some love.

5E514BE5-ACFD-45F9-AB7D-A56B11287DFC.thumb.jpeg.693b99fbe1b354d728a5b6fdbec9b3dd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It’s absolutely pissing it down in Taunton … hope it doesn’t get as far as you @deebeedoobee … a few year back on the night Michael Jackson died and the only year I’ve missed since 02 … we had horrendous thunderstorms here and the site stayed dry … Pilton does seem to have its own weather 🙂 

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sunday - last day of fun so make it count.

the fukt-ometer is showing 2ml of precipitation overnight. Currently dry and breezy, should be enough to blow away that hangover whilst you prep for a final day of hedonism.

titty Buddha is getting a blow dry which can only increase his smile.

Only the most persistent P.I.S.S members are up this morning. I think they may have found a better venue.

The well, well, well…..what’s one of them?

the skies are grey but not looking like they will produce anything significant today.

Happy Sunday funday runday . A new day for new experiences and new friends.

wear sun screen and pop a few Bob in @Superscally charity box. It’ll make you glow inside as you share some love.

5E514BE5-ACFD-45F9-AB7D-A56B11287DFC.thumb.jpeg.693b99fbe1b354d728a5b6fdbec9b3dd.jpeg

Thanks, The bbc weather looks ominous but I trust the Piltonian meteorologists more than the met office,  The Fukt meter seems more accurate than their super computer.  👍