2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

What have I missed? Have you seen a lineup or know someone in the know? Not been in this thread for a while so I've missed a lot of the rumours and chat.

Not seen a full lineup by any stretch but have been told a few acts that may / may not be playing Pangea.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Not seen a full lineup by any stretch but have been told a few acts that may / may not be playing Pangea.

Well go on then 😉  people have been saying about Chemical brothers care to share if they would be playing it

On 1/14/2022 at 6:50 PM, 1986 said:

“Past and present come to a head when a young Black man who is interning as a slave re-enactor at a living history museum discovers that his white girlfriend’s ancestors once owned his.”

Didn’t Family Guy already do this?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

“Past and present come to a head when a young Black man who is interning as a slave re-enactor at a living history museum discovers that his white girlfriend’s ancestors once owned his.”

Didn’t Family Guy already do this?

The Simpson’s probably did it first

https://m.trojmiasto.pl/rozrywka/Opener-Mystic-Soundrive-najwieksze-festiwale-w-Trojmiescie-Czy-sie-odbeda-n163240.html

This probably doesn't mean anything since people here seem relatively confident that Taylor swift isn't returning this year but this article seems to state that she's not doing live shows right now at all. Not sure if that's just what the article writer thinks is happening or if that's what they were told tho bc I don't read polish (ty Google translate).

17 minutes ago, shivroy said:

https://m.trojmiasto.pl/rozrywka/Opener-Mystic-Soundrive-najwieksze-festiwale-w-Trojmiescie-Czy-sie-odbeda-n163240.html

This probably doesn't mean anything since people here seem relatively confident that Taylor swift isn't returning this year but this article seems to state that she's not doing live shows right now at all. Not sure if that's just what the article writer thinks is happening or if that's what they were told tho bc I don't read polish (ty Google translate).

Thank me later - really interesting commentary on the European festival scene.

——

Open'er, Mystic, Soundrive - the biggest festivals in the Tri-City. Will they take place?

Will 2022 finally be normal - or at least close to normal - in terms of concerts and large outdoor events? It seems so, even though the pandemic does not give up. At the moment, four major festivals are confirmed. And this is probably not the end yet. However, how do the organizers themselves view all of this? What are their concerns and plans for ensuring sanitary safety? Mystic Festival, June 2-4, Gdańsk Mapka Shipyard I must admit that lovers of heavy sounds must be delighted. Mystic Festival moved from Krakow to Gdańsk permanently. After all, you won't have to travel across the country to see the big game. Fortunately, more and more organizers are starting to see the concert potential of the Tri-City. The organizers prepare for the event in accordance with the applicable sanitary rules.

[…] There are many indications that this year we will finally see a fully-fledged Open'er. The two previous editions lost to the pandemic. Now, however, given the government's policy towards the plague and the growing number of vaccinated people, one can - it seems - be optimistic about summer. Last year, the audience had a substitute for a great festival, when the organizers decided to organize weekly concerts in Kolibki as part of the Open'er Park event.

“- At the moment, we operate in accordance with the applicable regulations on the organization of events - says Mikołaj Ziółkowski, head of Alter Art. - It is difficult to say what will happen in a few months, but we monitor the situation on an ongoing basis and if something changes, we will certainly adapt.”

He also adds that he is very optimistic about the summer season. This is due to the fact that we have already learned a little to live with COVID, which shows high seasonality and is significantly weakening in summer. In addition, the high dynamics of the Omikron indicates that this variant will soon disappear. Moreover, only continental Europe introduces significant restrictions. The United States and Great Britain, important for the festival market, function almost normally.

The 2020 edition promised to be very attractive. However, in 2022 the program will be changed. Every year, the performers plan their routes together with the management. Now some of them have changed their plans. For example The Cure, which will perform in Poland, but at two separate concerts. The situation is similar with Taylor Swift, who has skipped live performances for the time being. We will see, maybe one day they will visit Baba Doły. We still do not know what about The Killers - looking at the dates and announcements of the competition, there is still a chance for them to appear also with us. Ziółkowski, however, does not want to reveal the secret.

“- If we look at all large festivals, we will see that the line-up is almost completely different from the one that was supposed to be in 2020 - notices the head of Alter Art. We still have a lot of adverts ahead of us. There will be a few of them in January.”

For now, Open'er has confirmed Royal Blood, Years & Years, Måneskin, Dua Lipa, Martin Garrix, Jessie Ware, Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilots, The Chemical Brothers, Michael Kiwanuka, Cigarettes After Sex and Destroyer.

Then talks about some smaller festivals not relevant to us.

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

It's very on brand for this forum to primarily talk about Taylor Swift on the day we've essentially got confirmation that Paul McCartney is playing 

Is it a confirmation?

If this was any other artist I’d say nailed on but I’m enjoying being devils advocate for once.

Maybe it’s just a hint that Noah and the Whale are reuniting?

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it a confirmation?

If this was any other artist I’d say nailed on but I’m enjoying being devils advocate for once.

Maybe it’s just a hint that Noah and the Whale are reuniting?

I wish

Violinist from Noah and the Whale is now in Gang of Youths who must be in with a good chance of appearing, though not headlining