2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, ticketboy69 said:

I know people on here seem to love him but, for me, I wouldn’t have the slightest interest in seeing him. Harry, I’d be excited to see. Seems like a lot of people discount him immediately based on X Factor and 1D or are snidey about his younger audience…I just like his music. 

Just hope he doesn’t clash with Little Symz. 

FWIW - Harry looking like the Saturday and Simby has a gig in France on Sunday which makes her most likely to be Friday night clashing with Billie… which I am more than happy with!

• Like 1

Taking a break from efestivals for a bit.  I’l come back at some point.

Final thought before I go as I’ve been trying to catch-up - If Harry is in and Noel is subbing him on the Saturday is it completely out of the question that Macca could be on Sunday with a different sub? Are we sure Noel is that hell-bent on playing before Macca?

I can’t see Billie/Harry/Kendrick being the final three, and if Neil is confident on Harry I feel like he’s the step in for Kendrick. But it would be bold if the festival did that. I’m not really convinced Macca is out according to what Emily said yesterday. To me it sounded like they are still waiting for an act of Macca’s kind to sign, and @Ken19hinted that TW Classic is in advanced talks for another headliner.

Anyway, might experience being a lurker for a bit! See you around!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Taking a break from efestivals for a bit.  I’l come back at some point.

Final thought before I go as I’ve been trying to catch-up - If Harry is in and Noel is subbing him on the Saturday is it completely out of the question that Macca could be on Sunday with a different sub? Are we sure Noel is that hell-bent on playing before Macca?

I can’t see Billie/Harry/Kendrick being the final three, and if Neil is confident on Harry I feel like he’s the step in for Kendrick. But it would be bold if the festival did that. I’m not really convinced Macca is out according to what Emily said yesterday. To me it sounded like they are still waiting for an act of Macca’s kind to sign, and @Ken19hinted that TW Classic is in advanced talks for another headliner.

Anyway, might experience being a lurker for a bit! See you around!

Don’t stay away too long Matt.

Genuinely.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don’t stay away too long Matt.

Genuinely.

- Kendrick falls through

- Harry becomes available / asks to play, whatever.

- Harry can only do Saturday

- Move Macca to Sunday

- Say to Noel sorry I know you really want to play before Macca but we needed to rejiggle.

Stay strong Macca crew hopefully it will be alright!

In a bit x

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Has it been noted that the Daily Star ran the same story about Harry Styles being set to play Glastonbury in 2020, before he put North America tour dates through the weekend?

Not gonna believe it. None of it adds up. Pas de tir, as the French would say.

I remember that from the time but I haven't seen it mentioned recently, well spotted. Interesting that the other act mentioned in that article is Stevie Nicks, who was also mentioned by the person with the no Macca info yesterday.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What did they say about Stevie Nicks?

On 2/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, AngryLama said:

^^ I heard similar for 2020. Madonna special guest appearance. Never officially announced and imo the ship has sailed there.

billie - Harry - ????? Kendrick? But where’s the heritage? Oh wait… Stevie Nicks? Could it be? *crosses fingers* scrap that *crosses everything*

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has it been noted that the Daily Star ran the same story about Harry Styles being set to play Glastonbury in 2020, before he put North America tour dates through the weekend?

Not gonna believe it. None of it adds up. Pas de tir, as the French would say.

Is the Daily Star the only place mentioning him?

Genuine Q because from what Neil is saying it sounds like he’s being talked about by multiple outlets, but I haven’t come across anything (because I don’t look not because I don’t believe Neil) 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Genuine Q because from what Neil is saying it sounds like he’s being talked about by multiple outlets, but I haven’t come across anything (because I don’t look not because I don’t believe Neil) 

Nope, eFests forum is mentioning him too. You just replied to the conversation.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’m still holding on to Macca being there . 

Same, clinging on as long as I can.

Started telling myself earlier that Glastonbury's 'Love' post was for both Styles and McCartney, with Kendrick dropping out. That's based on nothing other than sheer hope.

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I don’t know. Saw a post by Neil saying he thinks Harry’s team was the Daily Star’s source (which is the only public write up) and I think Daily Star being absolutely wrong about it once before is something worth considering towards that.