2021 New Music

dentalplan

21 hours ago, Copperface said:

That Valerie June album was a great recommendation - really enjoying that.

Yes, I'm already a fan of hers having seen her at a small Manchester venue a few years ago, I really like her new album, probably the best yet. One of the best, most powerful and distinctive soul voices in recent years.

• Like 1

The kids are alright. These guys are 17 and a potential cure to any Chapel Club itches going about.

These kids will make ya dance then probably laugh at you on the tick tock

These guys been about a bit longer but this new song is good. Saw them supporting February favourites Black Country, New Road a year and a half ago and they were great.

On 3/15/2021 at 5:31 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

This definitely felt like the weakest new music Friday of the year so far tbh. 

Already revising this stone cold take having had listened to The Anchoress record a couple of times (missed @zahidfrecommendation initially). It's great. 

On 1/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, priest17 said:

If ya fancy a boogie that rose gray EP is decent 90s style dance pop.

Told you I get to all these recommendations eventually 😄

This is some fine 90s style noise. Cheeky St Etienne cover as well. Getting a decent groove on at my desk

1 minute ago, Haan said:

I've not heard the original mixes in so long I actually don't know what they sound like anymore, but this is cool 

Good stuff! Always thought the Trilogy version of What You Need was gravely missing the Aaliyah sample.

Still miles ahead of any other full project he’s released and still sounds like a classic to this day.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Good stuff! Always thought the Trilogy version of What You Need was gravely missing the Aaliyah sample.

Still miles ahead of any other full project he’s released and still sounds like a classic to this day.

Echoes of Silence slightly is better than House of Balloons for me

On 3/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Already revising this stone cold take having had listened to The Anchoress record a couple of times (missed @zahidfrecommendation initially). It's great. 

Giving this a listen now, been living on my Twitter feed after she did a listening party for it the other day so figured I'd check it.

It's alright this.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Giving this a listen now, been living on my Twitter feed after she did a listening party for it the other day so figured I'd check it.

It's alright this.

It's good eh? It's a bit heavy (subject matter wise I mean, rather than sound) but she's a cracking songwriter.