Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

Just now, rascalpete said:

I wouldn’t say no to an announcement and it would make a statement that they are going ahead and with no disrespect to fatboy but with an act that everyone fully expects to be there anyway if you get me... I hadn’t thought of an announcement but it makes sense!

Yep it would certainly be a more unusual first announcement ... although listening it’s part of a series of DJs that have missed appearances this year ... he’s done some chatter and the set has started ... not sure he will interrupt it now ... maybe just a tad optomistic and clutching at straws for news 📰.... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep it would certainly be a more unusual first announcement ... although listening it’s part of a series of DJs that have missed appearances this year ... he’s done some chatter and the set has started ... not sure he will interrupt it now ... maybe just a tad optomistic and clutching at straws for news 📰.... 

Nothing wrong with some optimism at the minute! 

With festival and gig announcements starting to trickle through, we could certainly get something before Christmas, so it’s okay to be on alert!

Just now, jparx said:

Nothing wrong with some optimism at the minute! 

With festival and gig announcements starting to trickle through, we could certainly get something before Christmas, so it’s okay to be on alert!

Indeed and fatboy deserves an early announcement for all he’s done for the festival over many years ... I’m suprised he had a rabbit hole set ready that far in advance when the festival cancelled  ... with the sheer number of appearances he makes !! Might be some creative license in that though :) 

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I've still not been in it, and I've been 7 times 🤦‍♂️ where exactly is it? Or does it move each year? I have to go next time

I think it moved last year lower down in the park ... it’s previously been quite close to the ribbon tower ... they really make no attempts to hide it ... I’ve been 13 and not made it in yet @ian the wormis our resident expert ... did you have any knowledge of fbs Ian ? 

Just now, mufcok said:

Need to make it a priority next time. I imagine it hits full capacity pretty quickly though..

As far as I remember it always seems to have Qs that’s why I’ve never made it ... a carrot used to be an entry requirement or mayb a q jump ... not sure how much that applies now 

We found the rabbit hole last year but couldn’t find the white rabbit to get the password!! We spent an hour trying to blag it!! They wudnt let us in on our staff passes either!! We had a right laugh with the staff as they watched us trying to get the password I’m not sure there even was one!!’ Good fun!!! 

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

London Grammar's Insta.....

Screenshot_20201204-204215_Instagram.jpg

Again this is in the same vein as the fatboy set thats been said, it’s too random to be random, it could be any old set on BBCR1 or any crowd at any gig for London Grammar 

something’s up... and I’m so not prepared for it but I can’t wait

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think it moved last year lower down in the park ... it’s previously been quite close to the ribbon tower ... they really make no attempts to hide it ... I’ve been 13 and not made it in yet @ian the wormis our resident expert ... did you have any knowledge of fbs Ian ? 

Yeah was lower down this year, was a massive queue when we walked past.  It’s not hidden in the slightest (sure it used to be)

11 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Again this is in the same vein as the fatboy set thats been said, it’s too random to be random, it could be any old set on BBCR1 or any crowd at any gig for London Grammar 

We need more of this type of thinking 😃 We’ve had some really positive news over the past month and it’s time to let ourselves be excited.

2021 is gonna be the one. Let’s get a Glastonbury announcement before the year ends and we can kick off 2021 the right way!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Something is coming....

4 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

London Grammar's Insta.....

Screenshot_20201204-204215_Instagram.jpg

Is this trying to suggest a socially distanced crowd or something? I know it's a mixing desk but the only way it would remotely look like a crowd is if it was one of those distanced platform things.

I doubt that will be the case, just wondering what they're getting at.

13 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

I love the idea that Fatboy Slim and London Grammar have been tipped the wink that next year's festival is on, but that they can't contain their excitement and are thus compelled to share the news via the only ways they know - by performing a dj set that never was and posting something nonsensical on social media. 

This is how all that Qanon business took off, isn't it?

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I love the idea that Fatboy Slim and London Grammar have been tipped the wink that next year's festival is on, but that they can't contain their excitement and are thus compelled to share the news via the only ways they know - by performing a dj set that never was and posting something nonsensical on social media. 

This is how all that Qanon business took off, isn't it?

Yeh but we’re QAnawesome

It’s also occurred to me today, everyone seems to be having this idea that we MUST be good to go by March because that’s when the build starts 

it can’t be tooo adventurous to assume that if the vaccine can come out quickly by working in parallel , why can’t the site? I’m not a builder or events manager but if the green light of it going ahead was delayed until April/ even Early May then there’s still feasibly got to be a way to make it happen?