Will the 2021 festival go ahead?

JoeyT

Glastonbury 2021   

434 members have voted

1. 1. Following the Oxford Vaccine news will it go ahead?

• Yes - I 100% believe
    • Yes - I think so but not close to 100%. Need to see how the roll out progresses.
    • Maybe - I'm 50/50
    • Unlikely - Even with the latest news I think it's unlikely to take place
    • No - The vaccine news is great but I can't see 200k people being allowed at Worthy Farm in June.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Would people start to become more confident the longer we don’t get any kind of decision ... if the figures start heading in the right direction ? 

Definitely. They will be making the call at the last possible moment when they have a strong indication of where the numbers are heading. 

They don’t need the country to be restriction free when they make the decision they just have to have confidence that restrictions will be lifted before June. 

We are over the worst now and it’s downhill all the way to the farm!

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Would people start to become more confident the longer we don’t get any kind of decision ... if the figures start heading in the right direction ? 

Right now I think they'd only be making a statement to cancel so every day without news is good! 

Someone said a few pages back that the 17th might be a decision day?

53 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They don’t need the country to be restriction free when they make the decision they just have to have confidence that restrictions will be lifted before June. 

We are over the worst now and it’s downhill all the way to the farm!

NHS staff are saying they are expecting the “peak” ie. the worst for them in 2 or so weeks. So they will very much be suffering for the rest of this month and the whole of feb too. 

I think the proposition of being “restriction free” by June is pretty unrealistic, especially as all vulnerable groups need 2 doses before we can even think about lifting everything.

Just bringing a little bit of realism, sorry. I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong in 5 months time though.

2 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

NHS staff are saying they are expecting the “peak” ie. the worst for them in 2 or so weeks. So they will very much be suffering for the rest of this month and the whole of feb too. 

I think the proposition of being “restriction free” by June is pretty unrealistic, especially as all vulnerable groups need 2 doses before we can even think about lifting everything.

Just bringing a little bit of realism, sorry. I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong in 5 months time though.

A lot is going to change in 5 months time. 

As for vulnerable groups being vaccinated, I’m in one of the lower risk groups and should have my second injection well before Glastonbury as long as the rollout works as planned with the third vaccine coming on board.

This number is based on the best possible rate. It is definitely feasible though.  

E12B41E2-024A-4705-AEE4-0E5269947755.thumb.jpeg.f3f77b06ff96cab8965ba2abd2164b30.jpeg

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

A lot is going to change in 5 months time. 

As for vulnerable groups being vaccinated, I’m in one of the lower risk groups and should have my second injection well before Glastonbury as long as the rollout works as planned with the third vaccine coming on board.

This number is based on the best possible rate. It is definitely feasible though.  

E12B41E2-024A-4705-AEE4-0E5269947755.thumb.jpeg.f3f77b06ff96cab8965ba2abd2164b30.jpeg

where can i get queue results?

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

There’s a dedicated thread on it if you want to know more about the calculations involved. 

🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶🏿🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️
Based on your profile, there are between 26,045,733 and 36,557,921 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 15/07/2021 and 26/09/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 07/10/2021 and 19/12/2021.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:
🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶🏿🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️
Based on your profile, there are between 26,045,733 and 36,557,921 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 15/07/2021 and 26/09/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 07/10/2021 and 19/12/2021.

You can change the vaccination rate. Currently we are vaccinating more than 1 million a week and so the estimated date of your vaccine should be earlier. 

Sorry to be negative but looking at pictures of Glastonbury's past I can't see there being any chance of the festival this year. Imagine the government went its fine for 200k people to gather to on the farm, packed like sardines in front of the pyramid stage with limited sanitisation around the festival. 

For it to go ahead you need social distancing to be completely over meaning pubs , restaurants, football grounds and night clubs are all open like it was the summer of 2019. The only way I see this happening is if the government is comfortable with the first 8 priority groups (i.e over 50) are vaccinated.

There is a possibility that the government will be comfortable with that as they put the economy first.