U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just incase you think it can’t get any weirder, right now a Republican congresswoman is having a stand off with the Capitol security as they won’t allow her to enter the building as she has a gun in her handbag. 

Its even weirder that right now there are members of the house who are crying about going through a metal detector. Theyve obviously never been to a sporting event or a concert in their lives.

and if you want more insanity. Apparently house members gave rioters a tour of the capitol building the day before.

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its even weirder that right now there are members of the house who are crying about going through a metal detector. Theyve obviously never been to a sporting event or a concert in their lives.

Or a modern American high school. Which is quite sad if you think about how normalised the threat of attacks are.

So apparently after certain house members whined about the metal detectors and refused bag searches for long enough they were just let in regardless, one of whom was the woman who was live tweeting Nancy Pelosi’s location as the people stormed the place + made a video prior to that claiming she was gonna carry a gun with her in the senate. Crazy that such nutjobs and Q enthusiasts can be allowed to hold office and actually have a voice on the floor.

35 minutes ago, jump said:

Or a modern American high school. Which is quite sad if you think about how normalised the threat of attacks are.

You even have to go through them to get into Disneyland. But the miserable gits probably don't go to the happiest place on Earth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That is a very good read. Anyone who is left leaning, and particularly our hard left parishioners, should find this fascinating. An analysis of what has occurred under Trump and what the leftist answer is. The answer he suggests, I think, is counter intuitive and very interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

The ITV doc from last night. I'd say it's a must-watch (and yes, I know it's on ITV!). Balls of steel from the reporting team.

https://www.itv.com/hub/storming-the-capitol-the-inside-story/10a1177a0001

Yeah I watched that last night. I have to confess that some of the questioning of the protesters by the ITV journalist beforehand was slightly leading I thought...twice he asked “so what are you going to do next..l storm the capitol?” It was a bit suggestive I thought, and irresponsible. Also... whilst I understand the need to be up close to report, and yes, it was brave to enter the capitol with the rioters... in truth, they should not have been there. They too passed guards, who were trying to get them to leave. However, I hope the footage provides valuable evidence for the authorities, which wouldn’t have existed had they not been there.

15 minutes ago, Homer said:

The ITV doc from last night. I'd say it's a must-watch (and yes, I know it's on ITV!). Balls of steel from the reporting team.

https://www.itv.com/hub/storming-the-capitol-the-inside-story/10a1177a0001

Cheers for that ... i will have a watch in a bit ... this social media tracking down and evidence finding shows some hope and good skills from members of the public to 

13 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Yeah I watched that last night. I have to confess that some of the questioning of the protesters by the ITV journalist beforehand was slightly leading I thought...twice he asked “so what are you going to do next..l storm the capitol?” It was a bit suggestive I thought, and irresponsible. Also... whilst I understand the need to be up close to report, and yes, it was brave to enter the capitol with the rioters... in truth, they should not have been there. They too passed guards, who were trying to get them to leave. However, I hope the footage provides valuable evidence for the authorities, which wouldn’t have existed had they not been there.

I thought it was quite even-handed how he reported that people came to his aid when he got attacked, and that there were people there shouting 'don't break anything'! I also personally quite endearing how people kept calling him 'brother'!

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Funny complication of photographs here going through some of the dumbest shit Trump has done over the last four years. The guy truly is a buffoon:

Phenomenal. Were he not a career criminal and seditious traitor, he still would be a gargantuan pillock.

I think they missed  "injecting detergent" too.

The impeachment process starts today at 14:00 GMT. 

It could be another all nighter similar to election night. Get your coffee stocks prepared!

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-impeachment-effort-live-updates/2021/01/13/956000345/the-house-is-expected-to-impeach-trump-a-2nd-time-heres-how-it-will-work

Edited by squirrelarmy
Wrong time 🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The impeachment process starts today at 14:00 GMT. 

It could be another all nighter similar to election night. Get your coffee stocks prepared!

https://www.npr.org/sections/trump-impeachment-effort-live-updates/2021/01/13/956000345/the-house-is-expected-to-impeach-trump-a-2nd-time-heres-how-it-will-work

Read on the BBC report this morning that they actually appear to have the Republican numbers to force it through this time. How long does it take to go through the whole process does anyone know?

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Read on the BBC report this morning that they actually appear to have the Republican numbers to force it through this time. How long does it take to go through the whole process does anyone know?

It is possible to get articles though within a day, it largely depends on how quickly Committees etc will approve it but the Senate aren't scheduled to come back till the 19th so then basically. However it literally takes one Senator (my money is Ted Cruz wanting to fill the MAGA leader role) to muck it up by filibustering unless they use the Nuclear option to skip it but the majority leader needs to call it to happen.

Edited by jump