U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m thinking North Carolina is still in play. 

Take a look at these exit poll figures

5933A4B4-915C-4103-B760-BABC5E692ABC.thumb.jpeg.9a39f03f17ce04404dad744d9f374eac.jpeg

There are significantly more female voters who prefer to vote Biden. 

NC is still at 95% in. The most votes outstanding are from a county which is currently standing at 60% in favour of Biden. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/north-carolina-president-results%3Famp%3D1

Am I being delusional and should I be taken to the infirmary?

I think you’re right. We thought Georgia would just about stay with Trump, and that seems fairly likely to go to Biden. I think you’re right the same could happen with NC.

Any word on why their vote hasn’t really moved in ages though?

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think you’re right. We thought Georgia would just about stay with Trump, and that seems fairly likely to go to Biden. I think you’re right the same could happen with NC.

Any word on why their vote hasn’t really moved in ages though?

It’s been 26 hours since their last update. 288k voters outstanding with a lead of 77k. 

If this state had gone to Trump they would have declared it. 

@Ozanne predicted an update at 6pm today. 

What’s holding them back? 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s been 26 hours since their last update. 288k voters outstanding with a lead of 77k. 

If this state had gone to Trump they would have declared it. 

@Ozanne predicted an update at 6pm today. 

What’s holding them back? 

Sorry mate but I think I said (or meant) that there was last an update win their vote count at 6pm our time yesterday.

This article should explain the delay in NC - https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article247011357.html

WHY IS NORTH CAROLINA TAKING LONGER?

There are two reasons why the results in North Carolina may not be known until late next week, days after most other states have finished their own count.

The first is that last month, the U.S. Supreme Court approved an extension here, allowing any mail-in ballots that arrive by Nov. 12 to be counted, as long as they were postmarked on or before Election Day, Nov. 3.

The other reason is an obscure state law that prevents mail-in ballots arriving after the election from being counted as they come in. Instead, they have to be counted by local officials during an official post-election meeting in each county.

Mecklenburg County, home to Charlotte, plans to count around 5,000 ballots there today.

But nearly all of the state’s 100 counties aren’t having their meetings where they can count the ballots until next Thursday or Friday.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

This article should explain the delay in NC

That explains the delay. Thanks. 

The numbers are still very close though. There could be a sting in the tail. 

No such worries about Alaska. Geography and weather explains the late count there, hugely Republican and only 3 EC votes anyway. 

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

That explains the delay. Thanks. 

The numbers are still very close though. There could be a sting in the tail. 

No such worries about Alaska. Geography and weather explains the late count there, hugely Republican and only 3 EC votes anyway. 

I don’t know why they don’t project Alaska for Trump, it’s obviously what will happen.

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I expect before he leaves in January he will hand out a ton of pardons to people who haven't yet been indicted, including all his kids, and of course himself.

Interesting that in Russia they are considering giving Putin immunity for life, I suspect as part of a package to get him to step down quietly next year. Possibly a good deal for the rest of the world. Trump is probably gunning for a similar deal.

By this time next year, both Trump and Putin likely to be out. Things are beginning to look up....

That will really make a difference,

Here comes the new boss...

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s been a bomb threat at a PA counting centre. Was an evacuation and arrest made. 

this does not surprise me... I've said before given it's postal votes being counter I bet a fire is on the cards too, hope they are guarded well enough :huh:

Just now, jparx said:

Are people in this for the evening or have people clocked off? Not sure if we’re going to get anything major  today - just slight increases and the Biden address.

I’m looking for any indication for when we might get another major update. Biden will be making a speech at some point in a few hours. 

Georgia gap has just increased to 4,000 now.