Download 2022

dannymichaels

10 minutes ago, foolee said:

I don’t understand where all these bands fit playing in the UK next year. NIN at APE, Metallica own shows and A7X own shows too? 

Or another festival at Knebworth...? Soni long due a return, or AEG could have a go, they have big rivalry with Livenation afterall.

30 minutes ago, Jericode said:

AEG do BST don't they? Could BST go for a heavier day and get Metallica?

Depends how ambitious they feel I guess. After covid lockdowns there certainally is scope for packing the summer with music of all genres. They could potentially fill BST and APE with more 'mainstream/indie' bands and put on an extra metal/hard rock fest. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

12 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Depends how ambitious they feel I guess. After covid lockdowns there certainally is scope for packing the summer with music of all genres. They could potentially fill BST and APE with more 'mainstream/indie' bands and put on an extra metal/hard rock fest. 

now i'm dreaming of:

an regular day of APE with Nine Inch Nails, Puscifer, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, HEALTH and Youth Code

an extra day of APE with Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, Mudvayne, While She Sleeps, Jinjer and Bury Tomorrow

and a BST day with Metallica, Bring Me The Horizon, Sabaton, Opeth and more

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think download shot themselves massively in the foot for next year rushing to book Biffy Clyro when all of these are around.

They'll be looking at this knowing they've fucked it by being tied in to the 2020 lineup, they must surely know that people don't want to see Kiss etc every other year.

As Jim Bowen would say, "Let's have a look at what you could have won!"

18 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They'll be looking at this knowing they've fucked it by being tied in to the 2020 lineup, they must surely know that people don't want to see Kiss etc every other year.

As Jim Bowen would say, "Let's have a look at what you could have won!"

In fairness to Download, hellfest is over two weekends, whereas download can't have that option otherwise they are clashing with rock am ring or Hellfest. They have really missed the boat though! 

7 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

In fairness to Download, hellfest is over two weekends, whereas download can't have that option otherwise they are clashing with rock am ring or Hellfest. They have really missed the boat though! 

Yeah there's not much they can do in that sense. It's a shame we have to wait til Download 2023 to see if they revamp the lineup or not. All these bands active in Europe in June 2022 is a dream so it's annoying that DL's hands are tied

22 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah there's not much they can do in that sense. It's a shame we have to wait til Download 2023 to see if they revamp the lineup or not. All these bands active in Europe in June 2022 is a dream so it's annoying that DL's hands are tied

Download have a pick of the bunch next year just like others, but those select bands that are rare here and stand out prefer to clearly play elsewhere. Download as has been said rushed out to secure their lineup so far and could have done better. But they still have the rest of the lineup to pull out.

With everyone around it could be the best Download on paper overall for me.

• 3 weeks later...