Download 2022

dannymichaels

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Sunday by far strongest for me. I've got one band I'd bother with on Saturday bar maybe Maiden again.

Suppose that's the thing with line ups. Some love certain days and others find them dull.  

I find Sunday really weak and not for me at all. 

12 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Suppose that's the thing with line ups. Some love certain days and others find them dull.  

I find Sunday really weak and not for me at all. 

Yup. I've got Volbeat and Rise Against. I also had P.O.D and Alestorm on that day originally too. Biffy are not my headliner choice but given it'll be longer than the 1hr 15 they got at Reading I should get a chance to hear God and Satan and a couple of others. They were not my number 1 choice though given that only half their Reading set I was actually bothered about. Buy Descendants are that day anyway so. I also think Lacuna Coil will still be one further down when more are added,  not big enough to be 3rd second stage. 

The clash finder has Biffy starting 5 mins after they end but I wouldn't miss The Golden Rule and I'd probably leave 10 mins early depending on if they changed that up to catch it. But as far as Download headliners go, it's not a band that doesn't interest me at all.

The ADTR and Distillers no clash has done wonders.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

I'm hoping there's a London hard/alt rock day fest happening as it's kinda nuts that there's so many bands about but not playing Download next year. British Summer Time had some great line ups for Green Day and Black Sabbath plus All Points East and Festival Republic's Finsbury Park shows have had some great line up for rock acts.

Very much expecting Knotfest UK at MK bowl. Slipknot's European tour dates fit for it in early Aug. Wouldn't be surprised at all though if a London fest too mind! 

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yup. I've got Volbeat and Rise Against. I also had P.O.D and Alestorm on that day originally too. Biffy are not my headliner choice but given it'll be longer than the 1hr 15 they got at Reading I should get a chance to hear God and Satan and a couple of others. They were not my number 1 choice though given that only half their Reading set I was actually bothered about. Buy Descendants are that day anyway so.

The ADTR and Distillers no clash has done wonders.

Generally the Friday day is the day main and 2nd stage headliners clash, so The Distillers should be clashing with KISS.

10 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Generally the Friday day is the day main and 2nd stage headliners clash, so The Distillers should be clashing with KISS.

Even if they didn't overlap that much it's fine. LC, ADTR and Distillers are the 3. I could see B4MV slotting in at 3rd. Evanescence/Within Temptation at a push actually makes sense holding back due to the tour in April. 

Edited by thewayiam

Just now, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah probably. Wouldn't be surprised if Gojira and Alien Weaponry do too, tba after their tour. 

Aye could be the main support. Papa Roach have new music that is clear and Slam Dunk isn't their scene plus they would bomb at Reading nowadays. I'd love it but Reading would book about 6 acts around them irrelevant to me. I had 7 acts on the whole lineup I'd take interest in this year and 4 of them were one day. 

I'm very open to Slipknot Knotfest day not being catered to me but I'll go anyway. 

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because the former are a heavy metal band, the latter are just a rock band. So if you want a heavy stage headliner, sign a heavy band for it.

I think you’re splitting hairs. There were non-heavy metal bands on that stage and no one gave a shit that they weren’t heavy metal.

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Because the former are a heavy metal band, the latter are just a rock band. So if you want a heavy stage headliner, sign a heavy band for it.

I could imagine the SD gang lapping up Last Resort, Infest etc - would go down a treat.  You normally end up with a chunk in their 30's/40's from the PID stage, so Papa Roach would tick the nostalgia box for them easily.  

18 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Very much expecting Knotfest UK at MK bowl. Slipknot's European tour dates fit for it in early Aug. Wouldn't be surprised at all though if a London fest too mind! 

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see BMTH be the main support if they did as I don’t think Reading will book them and not sure what else they could do. 

11 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I could imagine the SD gang lapping up Last Resort, Infest etc - would go down a treat.  You normally end up with a chunk in their 30's/40's from the PID stage, so Papa Roach would tick the nostalgia box for them easily.  

Yeah tbf a lot of SD appeals to me usually and I love Papa Roach but bands have been rebooked their while they never have been booked. I can kinda see them a bit too not heavy enough for some stages but not punky enough for others. But I think Slipknot have them on tour.

11 hours ago, foolee said:

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see BMTH be the main support if they did as I don’t think Reading will book them and not sure what else they could do. 

I thought BMTH would be everywhere when they released Amo but, other than a small slot at Glastonbury and that Ill fated one day event, they haven’t hit the festival scene at all. Obviously we’ve had COVID but they weren’t even booked 

13 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just looking at the line up announcement, no Frank Carter, Gojira, Offspring or Disturbed.

Those are pretty big bands to be removed from a line up without really being replaced with similar sized artists.

Yeah I'm very unimpressed. I want to go but needs a few more before I'll commit.

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Just looking at the line up announcement, no Frank Carter, Gojira, Offspring or Disturbed.

Those are pretty big bands to be removed from a line up without really being replaced with similar sized artists.

It’s strange because what UK events are these acts with new albums going to do next year. Must be Knotfest, Metallica own show, Frank Carter at R&L and possibly another BST or APE heavier day coming next year with the amount of acts touring because NIN and Avenged will surely be elsewhere too. 

8 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I thought BMTH would be everywhere when they released Amo but, other than a small slot at Glastonbury and that Ill fated one day event, they haven’t hit the festival scene at all. Obviously we’ve had COVID but they weren’t even booked 

Yeah really strange because you’d think they’d want to push for the most exposure as possible but I did see an interview with Oli and NME I think it was a while back that he basically said they’ll only do things they want to do. He also hinted at being asked to play either Download or R&L as a headliner after someone pulled out but they’d only accept if they were a 1st choice headliner and not an afterthought and basically that the headlining a major festival ship had sailed for them. 

34 minutes ago, foolee said:

It’s strange because what UK events are these acts with new albums going to do next year. Must be Knotfest, Metallica own show, Frank Carter at R&L and possibly another BST or APE heavier day coming next year with the amount of acts touring because NIN and Avenged will surely be elsewhere too. 

I mentioned that on the other page and apparently NIN are a Hellfest exclusive so expect nothing from them.

I can definitely see some rawk London day feats happening. I’m hoping for Queens having a stoner rock line up with Monster Magnet and Clutch on the card plus Rage with Run The Jewels and Frank Carter mainly so I don’t have to deal with going to R&L to see them.

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I reckon one of those might be re-added once Offspring, Frank Carter or Gojira finish up their UK tours.

16 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

It's true but if Download had booked all of those then you have the arguement of Download just rebooking the usual. I'd loved Disturbed to take that 3rd down Friday but they aren't about many places anyway I don't think and they might demand a sub now. They are more likely than The Offspring. I love then you but playing and slotting in above The Distillers wouldn't help

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

It's true but if Download had booked all of those then you have the arguement of Download just rebooking the usual. I'd loved Disturbed to take that 3rd down Friday but they aren't about many places anyway I don't think and they might demand a sub now. They are more likely than The Offspring. I love then you but playing and slotting in above The Distillers wouldn't help

Not really, I’m saying that they haven’t replaced the 4 bands with similar sized bands.

Gojira (or Disturbed) have been replaced with Shinedown, who are much smaller and Offspring haven’t been replaced at all, they’ve just moved Distillers up to headliners.

To be fair, they may replace (or book) Frank Carter with a similar sized act third down on the Friday but we don’t know yet.

13 hours ago, jump said:

I mentioned that on the other page and apparently NIN are a Hellfest exclusive so expect nothing from them.

I can definitely see some rawk London day feats happening. I’m hoping for Queens having a stoner rock line up with Monster Magnet and Clutch on the card plus Rage with Run The Jewels and Frank Carter mainly so I don’t have to deal with going to R&L to see them.

I reckon one of those might be re-added once Offspring, Frank Carter or Gojira finish up their UK tours.

Yeah, I’m hoping so

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Not really, I’m saying that they haven’t replaced the 4 bands with similar sized bands.

Gojira (or Disturbed) have been replaced with Shinedown, who are much smaller and Offspring haven’t been replaced at all, they’ve just moved Distillers up to headliners.

To be fair, they may replace (or book) Frank Carter with a similar sized act third down on the Friday but we don’t know yet.

Shinedown 3rd down at Download isn't anything I wouldn't expect.