Claim To Fame

Bisque

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I love the way you don't hold grudges for long Neil :P

I blagged my way into a lot of gigs back then. Phil was the only one who didn't list me, so it's more memorable than the others. 

My photo has appeared on the back page of a few different local papers many times and my name’s often mentioned in a sport specific national paper, for my sporting life, but I really wouldn’t consider it a claim to fame. I’ve been interviewed on BBC local radio too. 

In my previous working life as a journalist I regularly had my byline on the splash, and on a few occasions where investigative stories led, my picture. Again, I wouldn't call it a claim to fame. 

I wouldn’t actually claim to have anything constituting a claim to fame, everything I’ve mentioned above I just consider part of a job. 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

I love the way you don't hold grudges for long Neil :P

Some Grudges are meant to be eternal. I still occasionally pass a guy in the street who 48 years ago stole my copy of Aqualung by Jethro Tull, before I even had the chance to hear it. I couldn’t prove it but know he did it and the bastard used to whistle the title track every time he saw me at school. He’s long forgotten it but I Havnt.  Got it on CD now

C8D8BBCE-8C92-4D43-B667-A81C6670AF47.jpeg.767b4a19550071b39198f02a12cc0246.jpeg

8 hours ago, Neil said:

I met Phil in about 1982 in Portsmouth. He was very very pissed, and didn't come thru on his promise to put me on the guest list, the bastard. 

He was a lovely, lovely bloke. Saw him several times. But very troubled, and spent a lot of his time high as a kite on heroin. Fun fact - he was married to Leslie Crowther’s (youngsters google him) daughter. Leslie, who was an alcoholic, liked him greatly as well apparently, and was heartbroken when Phil died. Very sad. 

On 5/15/2020 at 3:47 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I notice that the article doesn't inform it's readers that you refused all offers of help because you wanted to go back on the piss. That's true dedication that is. :)

Wish I'd got on the chopper now.. I think I've said this before.. Vodka 

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Do you the type of helicopter? Been trying to find it with no luck. It’s not a Sea King & the Merlin wasn’t around back then.

It looks too big for S-92.

Anyway, you’d lose your hearing if you weren’t given ear defenders on that thing, no loss.

Edited by Bisque

11 hours ago, Bisque said:

Do you the type of helicopter? Been trying to find it with no luck. It’s not a Sea King & the Merlin wasn’t around back then.

Anyway, you’d lose your hearing if you weren’t given ear defenders on that thing, no loss.

Thats what they used to me use they have these nowadays 

air-sea-rescue-helicopter-over-lyme-bay-B5FRTF.jpg

11 hours ago, Bisque said:

Sikorsky S-61N.....still in service with HM Coastguard it seems.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1046614

22 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I can't drink vodka anymore, as I just don't like the taste of it. However, I used to drink it in my youth, no problem. It's odd really as gin is my main tipple now, and that's actually made from vodka - something that I only found out recently.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't drink vodka anymore, as I just don't like the taste of it. However, I used to drink it in my youth, no problem. It's odd really as gin is my main tipple now, and that's actually made from vodka - something that I only found out recently.

I think that’s normal. I remember going to a house party with my housemates at uni, a random off my mates girlfriends physiology course joined us, none of us liked her, she downed one of those hip flask sized but a bit larger bottles of Rezenov vodka before we walked in. The thought makes my insides cramp up.

edit: we left her at the party as she was a nightmare & went to see Dr. Karl from neighbours in the SU.

Edited by Bisque

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I got nothing, unless being in the local free rag at aged 8 for making a papier mache t-Rex counts... nah I got nothing.

Wife was in Shortland Street though amongst other things...

Wow, I thought that nothing was going to surpass my 'show stopper', but you've only gone and done it. 

Now I'm interested. Do you still have the T-Rex figure, and if not, do you know what happened to it?

Okay, this one is huge. Not only was I at the Royal Abert Hall with the Guinness world record holder for fastest marathon run while dressed as a movie character and the only eFestivaler I know in real life - @Superscally - but I looked around and saw a bloke from the first series of Married at First Sight quite near me! Unbelievable!

He was a Palace fan who annoyed his new wife as when they went on their romantic honeymoon he just wanted to get hammered all the time. I wouldn't have pegged him as an Interpol fan.