Harry styles

Leyrulion

Irrespective of HS suitability for the actual Glastonbury audience, he’d be a wet dream for the BBC and their coverage, and that’s also a big consideration for the festival. After 3 years out of wider public consciousness he would really open the festival up to a new, much broader audience watching on TV. I think an afternoon slot would probably make a bigger impact than a headline slot in that respect.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

If Miley Cyrus went down a storm at Glastonbury so would Harry. I think by ‘suitability for Glasto audience’ we are being a bit selective by who we address. Many who go to Glastonbury’s see standard radio fodder like Emilee Sande, Bastille, Anne-Marie, Lewis Capaldi, Lumineers, Freya Ridings etc and it’s the highlight of their weekend. Like every year the Glasto purists (Neil Lonsdales, “British bands only to headline plz” etc) people are very loud on social media, but really I question how much of a presence they really have at the festival.  

Harry would have a huge pull, especially from those who want to tick the box to say they’ve seen him and move on with their weekend. Him headlining would be subject to all the standard stuff we’ve seen before with Kanye / Billie reaction etc - but that’s just a loud minority. 

I think a daylight slot is most likely. Other than headliner, the best thing to do is perform to an insane amount of people, lit up in the summer sunshine. Harry's way ahead of him, but look what the glastonbury appearance did for the mythos of Robbie Williams. Janet Jackson tried something similar, although it was a bit of a failure.

Looks like he's doing Big Weekend too. He's in promo mode.

Edited by Padjeq

Wouldn't be surprised at it happening, the lineup is stacked but it's not the most top heavy. Could easily see Harry playing 3rd/4th down Pyramid in a 'guest' daytime slot to get maximum exposure - imagine the press attention if he plays to a packed Pyramid crowd in the blazing sunshine. Perhaps they were originally looking at a Pyramid 'guest' slot each day? Harry on Friday, Aerosmith on Saturday then Diana Ross in the usual legend slot.

Liam Gallagher played a meant to be unannounced 4th down Other slot in 2017 and it got a huge reaction and a monster crowd. There's more benefit to Harry doing something similar on the Pymild than there is in subbing Billie I imagine.

2 minutes ago, mike46 said:

image.thumb.png.0fe066946eb9316c069a1b15f0c02830.png

. she wouldn’t be leaking a surprise set of one of the worlds biggest artists 2 months in advance 

Didn’t we hear about the Killers/Foals turning up ages before it happened? Surprise sets still have to be fit into artists tour dates just like standard dates. If it’s happening it’s happening, it can leak just like anything else.