Harry styles

Leyrulion

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Surely people aren't suggesting Harry Styles at Glastonbury, this must be a "piss-take" thread.

What happened to this?

59 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Complete waste of a headline slot, get lively contemporary acts on.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Ah so it gets more niche.

Of course.

Although I can see a small problem. If all the acts were ones I approve of, the Clash finder would destroy me.

I don't really want only genres/artists I approve of, but we do need to get rid of the nonsense.

Edited by Skip997

I like Harry Styles a lot. Seems like a decent person, annoys the right people, plays some interesting games with preconceptions, has a well-crafted persona. Yeah, fair play to him. Beats any number of hoary old rockers. I'm optimistic that their days are over. Witness the (relatively) small crowd for Robert Plant. It's all good.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:19 PM, Skip997 said:

Of course.

Although I can see a small problem. If all the acts were ones I approve of.

then we ran out of headliners in about 1997.

Musically, Harry Styles is a load of bollocks (i'll caveat that by saying for me, personally, etc etc) but he is proper massive, has a fair bit of cross-generational appeal, is british/homegrown, and has gained the kind of respectability that most people with his musical background (tv shows, manufactured band, teen screams etc etc) never seem to attain. He's a definite headliner in the next couple of festivals i'd have thought, and while i wouldnt be anywhere near it at all under any circumstances, i say fair enough and good on him. Headliners arent designed for me, i'm a 43 yr old bloke, i can piss off to a smaller stage and watch something niche. Theyre designed for huge mass appeal, and thats great. 

My main reason for thinking he's alright is his propensity for winding up great swathes of the public by dressing like a 70's lesbian geography teacher, to be honest - he really does rustle the right jimmies by doing that 😄

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Just seen Harry is down as a rumour specifically for Sunday. What's the info on that? Just that AM are more likely Friday? 

no info for that, just tryinbg to guess days for the strongest rumours, not that harry was a a strong ruour, it was him or taylor and the groupthink.

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

As above he's not particularly my cup of tea, but he's genuinely huge. 

Recently went to USA for 3 weeks and his face is all over Billboards, TV etc. 

His tour shows just how popular he is.

Think he's a shoe-in for headlining one night. 

I think he would be great but his tour dates suggests glasto haven't gone for him which is a shame.  Looks like it'll have to be the next album for him

• 3 months later...

Like a couple of other posters on here, I also heard Harry was doing Glastonbury this year. With the rumours of AM and GNR, I’m now thinking it’s actually 2024?

Kinda weird though that there’s been a few murmurs of him this year and to actually mention it at the Brits (albeit as a rumour)

8 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Like a couple of other posters on here, I also heard Harry was doing Glastonbury this year. With the rumours of AM and GNR, I’m now thinking it’s actually 2024?

Kinda weird though that there’s been a few murmurs of him this year and to actually mention it at the Brits (albeit as a rumour)

Could it be that AM is next year and Harry this year. This is Harry’s second year of touring the album so unlikely he would still be going next year whereas AM are at the start of their touring cycle. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Could it be that AM is next year and Harry this year. This is Harry’s second year of touring the album so unlikely he would still be going next year whereas AM are at the start of their touring cycle. 

Nah, very unlikely. Harry’s tour dates alone, even with the Friday free, pretty much rule him out as he isn’t doing any back to back dates in different cities so would be strange for him to try and squeeze Glastonbury in. We’ve had info AM are lined up for this for ages now from sources who know their AM stuff so would be surprising if they’ve gotten this so wrong, and I doubt they’ll still even be touring come next year - they only toured TBH&C for a year (May 2018 to April 2019). 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, very unlikely. Harry’s tour dates alone, even with the Friday free, pretty much rule him out as he isn’t doing any back to back dates in different cities so would be strange for him to try and squeeze Glastonbury in. We’ve had info AM are lined up for this for ages now from sources who know their AM stuff so would be surprising if they’ve gotten this so wrong, and I doubt they’ll still even be touring come next year - they only toured TBH&C for a year (May 2018 to April 2019). 

Plus the AM tour dates are clearly designed with an as yet unannounced show on Glastonbury weekend - they're doing a tightly scheduled UK/Ireland tour that doesn't have any gaps longer than a day, except that they've left 4 days off between the final 2 shows - with Glastonbury Friday falling on the 3rd day of that gap.