Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Ken in the rock werchter thread said that the Weeknd was booked to sub.

taylors mystery sub revealed? 

Booked to sub RW or Glastonbury? Would be massive if Glastonbury had managed to bag him as a sub, and I’d be happy enough to watch him pre-Swift. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Booked to sub RW or Glastonbury? Would be massive if Glastonbury had managed to bag him as a sub, and I’d be happy enough to watch him pre-Swift. 

Edit: nope

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

RW sub

Ah. Don’t think that means anything tbh - they have the cash to splash about and often have a pretty huge top few lines of lineup, and considering he bailed without explanation last time he was due to play I doubt he holds Glastonbury in particularly high regard/as a box ticker either. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah. Don’t think that means anything tbh - they have the cash to splash about and often have a pretty huge top few lines of lineup, and considering he bailed without explanation last time he was due to play I doubt he holds Glastonbury in particularly high regard/as a box ticker either. 

I’ve just noticed it’s wrong anyway - he was being vague about the year. Think he meant 2021

Edited by Matt42

4 hours ago, mcshed said:

I see the Glade is up to something on Facebook.

Yes you'd assume they will put out a playlist. Much harder when you have DJs though.

This one is going to sting... Fucking love the Glade areas. Hopefully see most of them next year though. 

Edited by danbailey80

Has anyone suggested that the BBC may broadcast some live solo sets from the site this year? They must be under some sort of rolling contract with the BBC so both would be up for it. 

Much like how they do each year from up the park hill. However they could in theory do stuff on a bare pyramid stage.

My guess is a mixture of classic sets from the archive mixed with some live lockdown music and interviews. 

With donations to festival charities. 

Edited by danbailey80

10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Has anyone suggested that the BBC may broadcast some live solo sets from the site this year? They must be under some sort of rolling contract with the BBC so both would be up for it. 

Much like how they do each year from up the park hill. However they could in theory do stuff on a bare pyramid stage.

My guess is a mixture of classic sets from the archive mixed with some live lockdown music and interviews. 

I certainly think sets from the acts due to appear this year could be part of it. Would be lovely to get some early confirmations from the artists for next year too. 

30 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I dunno about sets from the site itself since it might encourage people to travel there, and you'd still need a fairly large crew to be there just for that.

I can certainly see, and expect, acts (thinking Macca and Taylor especially from the top acts) will do live stuff from their home.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I dunno about sets from the site itself since it might encourage people to travel there, and you'd still need a fairly large crew to be there just for that.

I can certainly see, and expect, acts (thinking Macca and Taylor especially from the top acts) will do live stuff from their home.

Yes I think you're right, keeping people away would be a nightmare.

Maybe some live interviews etc but music will be from peoples houses. 

12 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Yes I think you're right, keeping people away would be a nightmare.

Maybe some live interviews etc but music will be from peoples houses. 

I think it'd be quite cool if they raided the archives and built up the same level of coverage, across all the stages for the weekend in the same time slots as normal, compiled of sets throughout the history of the festival. Maybe have a vote on the best headline sets/legend slot and have those air at the same time slot as they would normally, and headline slots from each stage so you can actually flick through iPlayer and watch, say, Chems on the Other or something. They could even release a full timetable of the main stages and it end up being the ultimate Glastonbury experience. 

You could intersperse it with sets from the 2020 acts in their homes in place of the Park acoustic sets and live interviews as you say. I've not been too bothered at all about these attempts to do lockdown style TV, but they could do something really special with this.

Fwiw, I'd go with Radiohead 97, Bowie 2000 and Stevie Wonder 2010 as the headline sets.

Edited by jparx

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think it'd be quite cool if they raided the archives and built up the same level of coverage, across all the stages for the weekend in the same time slots as normal, compiled of sets throughout the history of the festival. Maybe have a vote on the best headline sets/legend slot and have those air at the same time slot as they would normally, and headline slots from each stage so you can actually flick through iPlayer and watch, say, Chems on the Other or something. They could even release a full timetable of the main stages and it end up being the ultimate Glastonbury experience. 

You could intersperse it with sets from the 2020 acts in their homes in place of the Park acoustic sets and live interviews as you say. I've not been too bothered at all about these attempts to do lockdown style TV, but they could do something really special with this.

Fwiw, I'd go with Radiohead 97, Bowie 2000 and Stevie Wonder 2010 as the headline sets.

The reaction on here when Arctic Monkeys 2013 set was voted as one of the best headline sets would be entertaining.