Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Robyn subbing Taylor was a fallacy, wishful thinking as much as it would have ruled.

That being said, I am very surprised to see Supergrass on the Other! Thought they'd be nailed on for Pyramid. 

Must of been subbing it (I made the mad suggestion of them subbing the pyramid).

Up against Lana maybe. 

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Right, so to gather it up from Spotify alone, we've got the following on the Other:

Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

AJ Tracey, Anderson .Paak, Anna Calvi, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Dizzee Rascal, Happy Mondays, La Roux, Lianne La Havas, Lightning Seeds, Mabel, Metronomy, Nadine Shah, Robyn, Sam Fender, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass, The Staves

bloody strong. so much better than usual as well.

Would of left another 4 to be announced based on last years acts.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Fatboy Slim, AJ Tracey, Supergrass, Declan McKenna, La Roux, Nadine Shah, Happy Mondays

Dua Lipa, Sam Fender, Blossoms, Anderson .Paak, Lianne La Havas, Anna Calvi, Skunk Anansie

Pet Shop Boys, Robyn, Dizzee Rascal, Metronomy, Mabel, The Staves, Lightning Seeds

Taking a punt from what we know, I reckon it could have been along the following lines ^^

Think they could/would have gone with one big heritage act to open it up each day. Definitely gaps to be filled in, Metronomy at 4th doesn't sit well to me so I'd expect them to be pushed down a little, but that top 3 looks about right each day.

Opinions hey.  I’d have had Dizzee, Supergrass and Robyn as the subs

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I could see that too tbf. It's a big line-up. My logic is this:

AJ Tracey is fucking massive at the moment, selling out Ally Pally in minutes and a shifting a million copies of "Ladbroke Grove". I think he'd take what Dave and Stormzy have had in recent years and get the sundown grime/rap position. That's a ready-made sub for me.

Sam Fender is the usual 'white boy with guitar' hot thing that always ranks higher than eFests expect it to every year (Ben Howard, Jake Bugg, Paolo Nutini, plus all yer Courteneers/Two Door type bands that never go away)

So, I figure Dizzee and Supergrass are gonna be like Manics in 2014: big crowds, big fun, easy winners, but just kept a notch down from subbing by acts more au courant.

I’d be more than happy with your solutions as that means less clashes.  

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

Twenty One Pilots were in Ireland the same week too.

MCR are probably just as unlikely, but 21P don’t strike me as an act Glastonbury would have sub the Pyramid, and especially not hold back as some big mystery act. 

Gotta do some sleuthing to find a picture of Taylor in a Black Parade outfit to prove that she personally chose them to sub her...

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I really think they booked Billie Eilish guys and she was scheduled to get her own announcement.

Probably the more likely option tbf, as much as I hate to admit it. Whatever the mystery was, here’s hoping they can bring it over for next year or it’ll kill me possibly never knowing.

edit: well not kill me... just mildly irk me for a short period of time

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Probably the more likely option tbf, as much as I hate to admit it. Whatever the mystery was, here’s hoping they can bring it over for next year or it’ll kill me possibly never knowing.

edit: well not kill me... just mildly irk me for a short period of time

Also we did have someone claim that she was booked. She’s the type of artist that would probably get her own announcement. She’d look weird being announced amongst a long list of other acts... as would Steve n the lads

Pyramid

Friday

Kendrick Lamar
Lana Del Rey
Elbow
Camila Cabello
Kacey Musgraves
Rufus Wainwright
Imelda May

Saturday

Paul McCartney
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
Aerosmith (dropped out)
HAIM
Crowded House
Candi Station
Herbie Hancock

Sunday

Taylor Swift
Billie Eilish
The Specials
Diana Ross
????
????

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

This checks out.

I feel Aerosmith might have removed themselves from the poster anyway due to corona and not wanting to confirm a trip to the UK while things were blowing up. But I think those two were indeed missing acts we were due to get.

Or.....

the specials were subbing Taylor. They subbed in 2009.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pyramid

Friday

Kendrick Lamar
Lana Del Rey
Elbow
Camila Cabello
Kacey Musgraves
Rufus Wainwright
Imelda May

Saturday

Paul McCartney