Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

Personally from all the guesswork I’d be surprised if HAIM weren’t supposed to be on the Pyramid.  They were on the other last time out, personally can’t see it again. 

Robyn and The Specials for Sub and 3rd for the 50th Anniversary seems terribly weak.

If you’re putting Supergrass on the other they’re at least subbing it. 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think HAIM were on pyramid. It’s so strange how they’ve been booked for the other stage three times in a row now.

Well we have about 2 days to find out.  

Hasnt it been Pyramid > Park > Other > Other. 

Like i say, I’d be surprised if it’s not Back to the Pyramid for them, but hey, I’ve been wrong lots before

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If Groove Armada are on the Glade then maybe there's a couple of other names on the poster that are on smaller stages. Not sure who, mind.

Anyway here's how I could have seen the Pyramid shaping up with day splits. Again, apologies if I've missed any info and put someone on the wrong day.

Fri: Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Elbow, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Kacey Musgraves, Rufus Wainwright, Imelda May

Sat: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Aerosmith, Camila Cabello, Crowded House, The Staves, Herbie Hancock

Sun: Taylor Swift, Robyn, The Specials, Diana Ross, Candi Stanton, Lianne La Havas

obviously there's all sorts of combinations, but on this one, I'd swap Elbow with Robyn, as I don't see her being sub at all. Probably swap Staves and Hancock around too.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

obviously there's all sorts of combinations, but on this one, I'd swap Elbow with Robyn, as I don't see her being sub at all. Probably swap Staves and Hancock around too.

Elbow are/were booked elsewhere on the Sunday night. 

I’ve just remembered something. Who was it that said there was a band on the pyramid on the Sunday that wouldn’t be out of place headlining West Holts. They were definitely talking about the specials.

I love when leakers actually turn out to be telling the truth. 

Prediction-free helpful round-up:

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, Lana Del Rey, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Other:

Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

West Holts:

Black Uhuru, Brittany Howard, Celeste, Danny Brown, EarthGang, Gilberto Gil & Family, Greentea Peng, The Isley Brothers, Kano, Kelis, Kokoko!, Nubya Garcia, Richard Dawson, Seun Kuti, Snarky Puppy, Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, Thundercat, TLC, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes

John Peel:

Aitch, Angel Olsen, Banks, Beabadoobee, The Big Moon, Burna Boy, Cage The Elephant, Charli XCX, Clairo, Editors, FKA twigs, Glass Animals, Jehnny Beth, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream, Soccer Mommy, Tones and I

Park:

The Avalanches, Baxter Dury, Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, EOB, Fontaines D.C., Goldfrapp, JARV IS…, Khruangbin, Laura Marling, London Grammar, Manic Street Preachers, The Orielles, Phoebe Bridgers, Sampa The Great, Squid, Tinariwen

Not yet officially assigned:

AJ Tracey
Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals
Anna Calvi
Blossoms
Camila Cabello
Candi Staton
Crowded House
Declan McKenna
Dizzee Rascal
Elbow
Groove Armada
Haim
Happy Mondays
Herbie Hancock
Imelda May
Kacey Musgraves
La Roux
Lianne La Havas
The Lightning Seeds
Mabel
Metronomy
Nadine Shah
Robyn
Rufus Wainwright
Sam Fender
Sinead O’Connor
Skunk Anansie
The Specials
The Staves
Supergrass
Suzanne Vega

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve just remembered something. Who was it that said there was a band on the pyramid on the Sunday that wouldn’t be out of place headlining West Holts. They were definitely talking about the specials.

I love when leakers actually turn out to be telling the truth. 

No they said that one of the acts headlining West Holts wouldn’t be out of place on Sunday afternoon Pyramid. Talking about Isley Brothers.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No they said that one of the acts headlining West Holts wouldn’t be out of place on Sunday afternoon Pyramid. Talking about Isley Brothers.

Yeah that is right but we also did know that The Specials were supposably playing the Sunday Pyramid.   No idea who said it though. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

With the acts that are left, lots of room for additions. If they evenly split those names  between the last 2 stages that still leaves a couple open spots per day per stage. 

Based on last years numbers (and if we get 19 on each of the pyramid/other playlists).

Pyramid - 2

Other - 6

West Holts - 5

JP - 7    (9 if you discounted Rews and Weaves)

The Park - 7

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah that is right but we also did know that The Specials were supposably playing the Sunday Pyramid.   No idea who said it though. 

The guy from The Specials said that they were playing Sunday afternoon I think and Pyramid was the logical conclusion. Not sure if they later confirmed it was Pyramid but that’s when it went up on eFests as Sunday arvo.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The guy from The Specials said that they were playing Sunday afternoon I think and Pyramid was the logical conclusion. Not sure if they later confirmed it was Pyramid but that’s when it went up on eFests as Sunday arvo.

That’ll be the one.  Someone always remembers, gotta love this place.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Then again, that's only if Thundercat could have played twice in a day (with Kendrick too, he listed on his website). I'd expect so, 3rd from top is about a 6-7pm performance. But if he kicked around, he'd be subbing Saturday.

What messes this all up as well is that sometimes the stages don’t necessarily go in order of act popularity. Some artists might be placed so they don’t clash with similar artists on other stages.

Basically it’s hard to do the lineup for all of the stages with what we’ve got. I’d say the headlines and subs look right though.

Edited by Matt42

32 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Then again, that's only if Thundercat could have played twice in a day (with Kendrick too, he listed on his website). I'd expect so, 3rd from top is about a 6-7pm performance. But if he kicked around, he'd be subbing Saturday.

Is he that much bigger than last time he played? I'm sure that was like 1pm(ish). 4th/3rd from top makes sense to me.

I think West Holts is always the hardest one to guess. Going by the acts on the playlist I’d expect something like this but I could be way off on the size of some acts.

Thom Yorke TMB, Kelis, Seun Kuti, Black Uhuru

Isley Brothers, Brittany Howard, Danny Brown, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes

Kano, TLC, Snarky Puppy, Thundercat

Edited by kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'd say so, yeah. Perhaps not sub but no lower than 3rd. He's really well known, got lots of underground hits and as close to a crossover jazz/funk guy as you're gonna get, thanks to the Kendrick & FlyLo & Mac Miller effect.

Interesting @kingcrawler having Brittany sub. I know the album last year was big critically, did it break her solo in the UK? or is the Alabama Shakes link nudging her up by proxy?

(You're right that she'd be above Tom & Yussef, I called that wrong)

Headlined BBC radio 6 too (not sure whether that makes her subbing anymore likely)

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just realised that, with the stages released so far (and best guesses on placements), I would indeed have been stuffed for a Sunday night headliner. Hope that's one of the few changes for next year. 

This is the first year where I’d have a solid headliner every night. Just goes to show how things are different.

I’d see all three headliners, but I’d be alternating between Dua Lipa and Paul McCartney.

There is a chance though that I’d go to see Dua and probably end up staying for the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Right, what do we have:

Friday – Kendrick, Fatboy Slim, Thom Yorke, Editors, London Grammar (?)

Saturday – Macca, Dua Lipa, Isley Brothers, Primal Scream, Manics

Sunday – Taylor, Pet Shop Boys, Kano, Charli XCX, Caribou (?)

Friday looks the weakest (or at least most standard fare), King Kenny excepted. You could imagine quite a lot of people without an option they're actually that buzzed about. That's interesting. Park is guesswork unless others here have better intel obviously.

Manics, Macca and Primal Scream on sat night. Surely not?!

* just noticed Manics were either Friday or Saturday. 

Edited by sisco