Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

We’re speculating.  Speculation means we can throw about suggestions.  Unless of course you know who it defo was (you don’t) then you can’t say they defiantly wouldn’t of been the sub.

Not all subs have been massive.  Tbf, Kendall have Foals, Supergrass and Sterophonics as headliners..... all IMO could sub and not look out of place. 

Stereophonics have no chance of grabbing a sub at Glastonbury these days, Foals could sub but I'd disagree on Supergrass but that's my view. 

Dizzie is the one that I wouldn't even contemplate being there. 

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Stereophonics have no chance of grabbing a sub at Glastonbury these days, Foals could sub but I'd disagree on Supergrass but that's my view. 

Dizzie is the one that I wouldn't even contemplate being there. 

Stereophonics are still doing arenas.  100% could still sub. 

I should add.... in my opinion

Edited by sisco

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah think you’re right.  Didn’t we think that was to replace someone (escapes me who was on that initial poster under Adele)

D'Angelo I think.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

D'Angelo I think.

In my head this is a bit of a ‘one that got away’ type booking, but in reality D’Angelo subbing Adele would’ve been a bit of a train wreck through no fault of his own. Not sure what the hell happened there, and I still hope to see him some time, but I’m glad it wasn’t subbing Adele.

23 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is Dua locked for headlining Other, do we think? Or could she sub Taylor?

Her new album turned me into a fan. Didn't like her much before, but her latest is just a collection of absolute bangers.

Can’t see any reason why she’d move from Other header if she still wants the spot

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that Sub slot was being kept back for a surprise set from someone like Coldplay to mark the 50th.

It's possible there was still an act TBA, but I doubt it'd have been a huge headliner.

Having given it a bit of thought, I think there's a good chance that Robyn was the sub.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I was hoping we’d get another tonight as it was last Tuesday and Thursday.  

My thoughts as well, but they’ve all been earlier in the day than now I think. I know there is no, er, routine when it comes to announcements but this doesn’t seem like something worth holding back.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Stereophonics are still doing arenas.  100% could still sub. 

I should add.... in my opinion

I respect your opinion but MSP were still doing arenas when they were 3rd down the Other stage. Arena's sometimes just mean that they sell tickets to a loyal fan base. The could play 3rd down but I think they are more likely to be asked to open Other.

All jokes aside, Billie Eilish isn't the most unreasonable shout and given this big thing they have made amount female acts she is the type of act that I could see Glastonbury make separate just like LDR. If she would accept a sub then I can't think of many other acts they would choose to step. On Billie though, I actually think The Interrupters do a better job of Bay Guy that Billie herself.