Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Wasn’t there info that Bicep were headlining The Park? 

Or have I mixed that up with something else?

There was but I think we all just took it as gospel in a time of not many rumours when in fact it was probably just another ‘friend of a friends uncle heard...’ kind of thing. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is it? Pretty atypical Park headliner I’d have thought. Manics is much weirder. 

I think, size-wise, its a bit odd. Then again same could potentially be said for Hot Chip and Manics. Clearly its just been getting a bit of a bigger deal last couple of years. 

Yep I'd have certainly been at The Park a lot. Confidence Man, Fontaines D.C., Phoebe Bridgers and Squid were all must sees, and I'd have happily seen all of the other acts, clashes permitting.

17 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think, size-wise, its a bit odd. Then again same could potentially be said for Hot Chip and Manics. Clearly its just been getting a bit of a bigger deal last couple of years. 

Manics subbed Tramlines last year below Two Door Cinema Club so that gives an indication of where they are. 

A headline slot on a smaller stage for me is much better than a 45-60 minute set on a main stage where they trot out the same songs as always with a pretty flat atmosphere. Could have some fun with a headline length set

Edited by efcfanwirral

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is it? Pretty atypical Park headliner I’d have thought. Manics is much weirder. 

They seem to hang around a lot and get decent slots at Glastonbury despite the fact that I think they are kind of... old news. I don’t think anyone was expecting it or predicting it.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

They seem to hang around a lot and get decent slots at Glastonbury despite the fact that I think they are kind of... old news. I don’t think anyone was expecting it or predicting it.

Blowing my own trumpet here but I seem to remember including them as a Park headliner in a couple of my predictions on here. Don't really think they're that out of place at all.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Their slots have been declining at Glastonbury so it's not gone unnoticed. I would have expected most to consider them mid-Other, high JP or Park headliner - were never gonna be lower.

Still find it very strange that they’re doing this. It’s complete “look what you could have won!” and I find it actually makes me more sad about the cancellation than I was before! Happy if people are enjoying, just think I won’t pay much attention to it.

Hopefully it culminates with some sort of lineup announcement for 2021 to soften the blow 😂

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still find it very strange that they’re doing this. It’s complete “look what you could have won!” and I find it actually makes me more sad about the cancellation than I was before! Happy if people are enjoying, just think I won’t pay much attention to it.

Hopefully it culminates with some sort of lineup announcement for 2021 to soften the blow 😂

You won’t pay much attention yet you’re commenting on a forum talking about it.

You have failed.... 

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah it’s a nice idea n’all but is also really hitting home just how incredible this years lineup was. It’s one thing to have the poster with all these names on, but to have so many of the names be on  the fifth stage down and for it to be THIS strong is just heart wrenching, and it’s gonna be all the more apparent next year which acts couldn’t make it/what we got instead.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So... I’m interested to see Pyramid / Other because a lot of acts I thought would be on those stages are on other stages.

Do you reckon there was a few for the other and pyramid tba? I don’t know whether they will announce them.

46 acts left to announce from the poster (if they add everyone).

Will need to add more if they want to do their usual 19 on each Spotify list as they had Pyramid, Other and West Holts playlists last year.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah it’s a nice idea n’all but is also really hitting home just how incredible this years lineup was. It’s one thing to have the poster with all these names on, but to have so many of the names be on  the fifth stage down and for it to be THIS strong is just heart wrenching, and it’s gonna be all the more apparent next year which acts couldn’t make it/what we got instead.

Aye that’s the biggy for me. If we knew these acts had agreed for next year then I’d be all over it. 

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

46 acts left to announce from the poster (if they add everyone).

Will need to add more if they want to do their usual 19 on each Spotify list as they had Pyramid, Other and West Holts playlists last year.

Based on the fact the JP one had 19 initially, with the two acts who weren't on the poster quickly being removed and the playlist ending up at 17 songs, I doubt they're going to announce extra to bring the playlists up to the usual length.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy 2 said:

Based on the fact the JP one had 19 initially, with the two acts who weren't on the poster quickly being removed and the playlist ending up at 17 songs, I doubt they're going to announce extra to bring the playlists up to the usual length.

Didn’t notice they took them off.  Could be a very very small West Holts playlist

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy 2 said:

Tbh the two that were on there could have been leftovers or something. I recall both acts (Weaves and Rews) had played early on the John Peel in recent years and neither have really gotten bigger or done much of anything so it's maybe just an error rather than accidentally adding acts who were unannounced.

Not that it matters.

There's the rundown you asked for...

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, Lana Del Rey, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Other:

Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

John Peel:

Aitch, Angel Olsen, Banks, Beabadoobee, The Big Moon, Burna Boy, Cage The Elephant, Charli XCX, Clairo, Editors, FKA twigs, Glass Animals, Jehnny Beth, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream, Soccer Mommy, Tones and I

Park:

The Avalanches, Baxter Dury, Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, EOB, Fontaines D.C., Goldfrapp, JARV IS…, Khruangbin, Laura Marling, London Grammar, Manic Street Preachers, The Orielles, Phoebe Bridgers, Sampa The Great, Squid, Tinariwen

Not yet officially assigned:

AJ Tracey
Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals
Anna Calvi
Black Uhuru
Blossoms
Brittany Howard
Camila Cabello
Candi Staton
Celeste
Crowded House
Danny Brown