What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Today I have watched 1.5 seasons of Shrill. Have no clue why I haven't watched it sooner. So relatable on many levels, and Aidy Bryant is brilliant.

Awesome show - the ensemble are also great. Good soundtrack that you can find on Spotify.

On 5/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, rosieangel said:

I would say that each episode has got better yes, particularly the latest (ep 5). What's so interesting about the show is that although it's ostensibly a murder mystery it's more like a character study of a closely-knit town. Some really funny moments too. 

Have watched more of Mare of Easttown and so glad we did. Think it's really really good 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:34 PM, Ryan1984 said:

Watching 1991 TOTP and pretty sure Anthea Turner congratulated The KLF on their ‘Number 1 and dressing like the Ku Klux Klan’. It’s very likely i misheard.

She did.

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone got Britbox? Worth it?

I think the content changes slightly in different countries (to do with broadcast rights). Here in Australia, I've been less than impressed. I signed up for a year on the basis of promises of regular updates to the latest shows, but aside from Line of Duty (which it was quicker to download and watch before it appeared on Britbox), the updates have been slow. The majority of the content is 'classic' (think Only Fools, Keeping Up Appearances, etc.) and no 'cult' stuff. I'd give it a miss.

20 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone got Britbox? Worth it?

I got it free for 6 months with my phone contract. There is some good stuff on there, as others have said. I don't watch it much though. Too much content everywhere. One of the first things I watched was Lambs of God. It wasn't on TV prior to Britbox I don't think. Really enjoyed it. About a bunch of mad nuns living in a ruined, supposedly abandoned monastery.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only if you like paying to watch repeats. I got 6 months free with my Broadband and have bearly watched it.

I saw they had an exclusive on there, thought they might have had more, I know they had spitting image too...but by the sounds of it it isn't much cop.

Talking about old repeats...I have been watching the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy series with Alec Guinness that they have been showing on BBC and have enjoyed it even though I'm not sure what the feck is going on most of the time.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I saw they had an exclusive on there, thought they might have had more, I know they had spitting image too...but by the sounds of it it isn't much cop.

Talking about old repeats...I have been watching the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy series with Alec Guinness that they have been showing on BBC and have enjoyed it even though I'm not sure what the feck is going on most of the time.

Spitting image was awful.