What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think there's a small amount of membership crossover  so it was amusing to hear cookdandbombd name-checked on Inside No. 9.

I liked tonight’s episode but didn’t love it. A decent start to the series rather than back with a bang?

22 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Binged Jupiter's Legacy over the weekend. I enjoyed it but I think it got a pretty mixed reception. It's a show based around a superhero comic by Mark Miller. 

It kept me interested which a lot of shows don't. I'm one of these people where if you've not gripped me in the first episode then I'm unlikely to stick with it. I have the attention span of a flea.

It's not the best start for MillarWorld and I thought it was a bit shit myself. The big fight in the first episode reminded me of Power Rangers.

Luckily Invincible which is based on The Walking Dead guy's other comics came out at the same time which makes up for it.

Having never even heard of Taskmaster until a couple of pages ago I have started binge watching it. I'm currently on Series 5. I have laughed so much I snorted coffee all over my laptop yesterday. It was not dignified. It also wasn't my most productive day at work. 

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think there's a small amount of membership crossover  so it was amusing to hear cookdandbombd name-checked on Inside No. 9.

Was a member there for many years until a while back. Too many threads became toxic, self-regarding reflections of the kind of comment sections I tend to avoid. Shame, really. Still took me aback when they referenced it on 9. 

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, jump said:

It's not the best start for MillarWorld and I thought it was a bit shit myself. The big fight in the first episode reminded me of Power Rangers.

Luckily Invincible which is based on The Walking Dead guy's other comics came out at the same time which makes up for it.

I have been known to dabble in some Power Rangers viewing of an evening...

9 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Having never even heard of Taskmaster until a couple of pages ago I have started binge watching it. I'm currently on Series 5. I have laughed so much I snorted coffee all over my laptop yesterday. It was not dignified. It also wasn't my most productive day at work. 

When you're done (or at least up to the end of the Dave originals), this is worth a read through, just so you can complain Joe Wilkinson's Potato Hole was robbed. Should've been number one.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/10/the-100-best-taskmaster-tasks-ranked?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

When you're done (or at least up to the end of the Dave originals), this is worth a read through, just so you can complain Joe Wilkinson's Potato Hole was robbed. Should've been number one.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/10/the-100-best-taskmaster-tasks-ranked?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

You're going to keep banging that drum aren't you?

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Funniest task so far for me was the distance painting in Series 4. Mel Giedroyc and her does Greg have hair. He's kind of pallid followed by and you made me look like a Gibbon is what had me snorting my coffee all over myself and my laptop. 

Joe Wilkinson's bit wasn't even in the same league of funny if funniest is how we are judging them. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Funniest task so far for me was the distance painting in Series 4. Mel Giedroyc and her does Greg have hair. He's kind of pallid followed by and you made me look like a Gibbon is what had me snorting my coffee all over myself and my laptop. 

Joe Wilkinson's bit wasn't even in the same league of funny if funniest is how we are judging them. 

Mel's run was a series of absolute brainfarts.  Love her.

I love some of the simple ones. Noel disguised as a banana never fails to make me laugh.

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It's not just funny though, it's the drama of it too for Potatogate. And that's why I agree with the number 1 on that list. The absolute joy from Mark and (especially) Nish when they realise they've actually done well is what tipped it for me

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Mel's run was a series of absolute brainfarts.  Love her.

I love some of the simple ones. Noel disguised as a banana never fails to make me laugh.

Yes Mel and Noel were both brilliant. Mel was genuinely hilarious even when she wasn't trying to be. 

Series 5 also had a great bunch of guests. 

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

It's not just funny though, it's the drama of it too for Potatogate. And that's why I agree with the number 1 on that list. The absolute joy from Mark and (especially) Nish when they realise they've actually done well is what tipped it for me

In that resepct the drama of the tasks that they realise nobody else has done are always funniest especially Josh Widdicombe counting beans and rice and Mark sending 148 of 150 anonymous texts. 

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

There's been lots of these though Poor Aisling Bea never got to see any of the 61 countries she came up with because they didn't tell her she'd failed at first and she shed blood for her bread cutting but the wrong bread. 

56 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Sally Phillips giving birth to Alex for me...

I just glanced through that Guardian list, and I knew it would be there, but just reading the words "I have sinned" from Bob's edible mask made me chuckle. Then I thought about it some more and the chuckling got more intense, then my boyfriend asked what I was laughing about, and then I pretty much creased up retelling it to him again. 

That bit was just magic.

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

To be fair there is a lot of funny moments and it's interesting to see their minds at work. 

Continued catching up on series 10 over lunch.  Richard Herring, Daisy May Cooper and a watermelon had me in absolute pieces.