What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Conversations about Married At First Sight Australia make me realise what a long 17 months it’s going to be.

Ha! I stood up to my wife earlier and told her I'm not prepared to watch it any more.

Just been watching Ratched, only got one episode left. It's good but not great. Don't get why they tied it in to Only Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest though. Can't help thinking Ken Kesey is rotating gently underfoot somewhere.

It's not the whole crazy backstory itself, more the tone. The murder/mild horror angle is so add at odds with a book that was making some fairly serious points about the US mental health system.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Looking forward to this. Going to start it once Ratched is done.

In my opinion better than Ratched but one you have to concentrate on as a lot of subtitles. Really excellent though. I knew nothing about it before I saw it and honestly don't recall ever even hearing it in the news and I would have thought it would have been a story. 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:57 PM, waltere said:

I'm using this lockdown to go back and rewatch Buffy and Angel, both (imo) absolutely fantastic shows that are really rewarding to go back through knowing how everything develops.

I rewatched the both recently- s2 of Angel was especially good, made me wonder why it got forgotten, then I got to s4 and Connor and the Cordelia storyline, and then remembered why it got forgotten! S5 was an improvement though! Very enjoyable overall.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, priest17 said:

30 Rock is a proper gem as well 

And if you like Jack McBrayer, Eric Andre throwing the full weight of his demented show at him is hilarious and a little disturbing

Agreed! Got the impression not many people watched it here, but it’s excellent

10 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Wasn’t sure to start with, but I just got to the bit where Dominique was at the airport and **** me that was tense!

Yep. it was Hope you continue to enjoy it. Have to say doesn't show embassies in a good light apart from good old Knippenberg. 

Anyone seen this? Going to offset the misery of Ratched/Serpent by having a comedy on the go too. Finished Back first series, so going to crack on with this.

Intrigued by the decent reports, being that everything Pegg/Frost have done since Shaun has been progressively crapper and crapper.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/truth_seekers

Edited by Homer

43 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone seen this? Going to offset the misery of Ratched/Serpent by having a comedy on the go too. Finished Back first series, so going to crack on with this.

Intrigued by the decent reports, being that everything Pegg/Frost have done since Shaun has been progressively crapper and crapper.

I watched it and it wasn't great in my opinion but I will caveat that by saying I'm not massively into a lot of that genre. I already can't massively remember what it was about though so that doesn't bode well. 

If you are looking for comedy there's definitely better out there. I think Ghosts was good. If you haven't see The Detectorists that's good also or just watch Spaced again and remember their heyday! 

Started watching The Stand the other week, its an episode a week so inbetween (and to lighten the mood a bit lol cos its a bit much given the situation we're in atm) I've just started watching Selling Sunset... my god there are some vile people on there... the bitchiness is out of this world!! Some beautiful houses tho 😂

1 hour ago, Homer said:

It’s ok. It’s one of those weird shows where I didn’t think it was great, yet watched one episode after another easily enough and finished it in two sittings. It’s just another variation of their films like worlds end but strung out as a series instead.

7 hours ago, Homer said:

woah woah woah you owe Hot Fuzz a huge apology!

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Not really binge watched as there are only 4 episodes but just finished Night Stalker. My word what a disgusting human being - simply awful stuff. 

Yes we've watched the first three, awful stuff. I unfortunately do fall into that cliché of woman-obsessed-with-true-crime so I was familiar with the case but forgot about just how brutal and prolific he was.

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Do i actually need to be watching this please? Been recommended - but sounds a tad grim!

If serial killers docs are your thing (which sounds a strange thing to say!) then yeah I would definitely recommend. I had no knowledge of the case at all so I had no idea which direction it was going to take which kept me interested throughout.

As most things produced by Netflix are - it’s well put together with narrative throughout from the two homicide detectives working the case at the time. There are pretty horrific descriptions and images of his crimes - so something to bear in mind.
Also it’s pretty short - 4 episodes around 45 mins each so it’s not dragged out too much like some of the others have been. 

Edited by st dan
  • Upvote 1

On 1/26/2021 at 4:44 AM, Earth_pig said:

* The undoing 

* The serpent 

* Schitts Creek

* Rewatching - breaking bad

* This country 

This country makes me laugh over and over again!!! There are some bits tht make me cry. Really clever script writing!!! Ive watched them all 3 times and still will watch again and laugh at something different!! Brilliant all round!!!