guypjfreak

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

if they are those led stripes they won't last either.

i've  had a few in my garden for a few years and have had to change them a few times.

They should last … I got them a fair bit cheaper but they are decent quality Philips Hue Smart Outdoor Lightstrip White & Colour Ambiance [5 m] Waterproof Base Kit, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit https://amzn.eu/d/2GgffE6

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

They should last … I got them a fair bit cheaper but they are decent quality Philips Hue Smart Outdoor Lightstrip White & Colour Ambiance [5 m] Waterproof Base Kit, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit https://amzn.eu/d/2GgffE6

the philips might be better, mine have been cheap no-name ones, but haven't looked cheap (i once bought a cheap looking set, and didn't use it as i thought it wouldn't last outdoors (changing them when they broke is a hassle as they're mounted in the fence),

i'm making some progress with my desire to get a cat, the cat-allergic -wife has agreed to test drive one by fostering for a while first, so we can return it if she can't cope.

progress is progress, its been over a year since she said i could get a birthday cat.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:54 AM, Neil said:

i'm making some progress with my desire to get a cat, the cat-allergic -wife has agreed to test drive one by fostering for a while first, so we can return it if she can't cope.

progress is progress, its been over a year since she said i could get a birthday cat.

Oh that is good news - hopefully all goes well and she will relent to let you have one permanently. 😻

And get something called a furminator, or a cheaper version of it.

This week was good: I started a new job 6 months ago and it's all good except for that one colleague who just made it shit. Taking credit for others work, constantly talking behind others back, complaining about everything. Guess whose last week this week was 😃🥳

59 minutes ago, moogster said:

And get something called a furminator, or a cheaper version of it.

This week was good: I started a new job 6 months ago and it's all good except for that one colleague who just made it shit. Taking credit for others work, constantly talking behind others back, complaining about everything. Guess whose last week this week was 😃🥳

Furminator is the best brush by far.

9 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Furminator is the best brush by far.

thanks, i've already committed myself to doing what i can to reduce the wife's alergic reaction. i'm going to have the world's most-brushed kitty.

• 2 weeks later...

Got offered a new job today! Same company but an internal move into a different area, so a career change as well.

This is massive for me.  There'll be a few still around these parts who may remember me asking questions of people about changing careers a good few years ago ( @deebeedoobee @lucyginger @Funkyfairy! all chipped in I believe), so I've been looking for a way out of this rut for about 6 years now. To have finally managed to make the move into something that I'm going to find more interesting and less at conflict with how I think and work as a person is fucking huge.

I'm absolutely buzzing. And for anyone that sat through me wittering on about how miserable I was with it, thanks for putting up with it  🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Got offered a new job today! Same company but an internal move into a different area, so a career change as well.

This is massive for me.  There'll be a few still around these parts who may remember me asking questions of people about changing careers a good few years ago ( @deebeedoobee @lucyginger @Funkyfairy! all chipped in I believe), so I've been looking for a way out of this rut for about 6 years now. To have finally managed to make the move into something that I'm going to find more interesting and less at conflict with how I think and work as a person is fucking huge.

I'm absolutely buzzing. And for anyone that sat through me wittering on about how miserable I was with it, thanks for putting up with it  🙂

Great news, congratulations @Quark

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Massive congrats! It was almost exactly this time last year that I was pondering my own career move, and I recall you offering your own thoughts and advice and it was really appreciated 🙂 I'm so glad you've made it out of your own rut! It is an amazing feel and I hope you enjoy every second of this buzzed feeling, and everything your new role will have to offer.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Thrilled for you @Quark, Congratulations , and good luck in your new role and for having the gumption to do something about being stuck in a rut 

All the best, when do you start it

PS : Great choice of tuneage, never seen that video, its brilliant:-)

I've got that Friday feeling already. Lying in bed with headphones on listening to a new play list I'd built but not listened to yet. So fat a bit predictable but enjoyable I'm trying not to sing. 

21 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Thrilled for you @Quark, Congratulations , and good luck in your new role and for having the gumption to do something about being stuck in a rut 

All the best, when do you start it

PS : Great choice of tuneage, never seen that video, its brilliant:-)

it's my happy go to song & video!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Excellent stuff … does that mean we get a return to the virtual meets too ? 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Excellent stuff … does that mean we get a return to the virtual meets too ? 

The two haven't been linked! 😄

But yep, I do keep meaning to join one. Just always seems to either be something on or I'm falling asleep on the sofa by 9pm!

there's some italian geezer (carlo rovelli [ i've no idea who he is]) being interviewed on r4 at the moment, who was called up for national service when a young man, and who decided to protest the call-up by burning the call-up papers in the town square, while lennon's 'imagine' played in the background - classy 🙂 

he got arrested for it.

• 2 weeks later...