When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Speaking of apps - maybe this is what the delay is about:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-time-to-distinguish-between-those-who-have-and-have-not-had-a-vaccine-tony-blair-says-12325869

A quote from that: 

In response to his remarks, a senior government source told the PA news agency: "Once again Mr Blair appears to have learned of things already in the pipeline and decided to publicly call for them. "It's becoming something of a habit. Nonetheless we thank him for his continued support."

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

For people who have recently rebooked their second jab, was it a case of having to cancel your first and try again? My other half wants to move his (not necessarily bring it forward but it clashes with some plans we are trying to make), but a bit wary about losing his current appointment. I'm guessing they have to accommodate it some way if people need to move it?

Slept for 10 hours post my second and had some pretty mental vivid  dreams (I think just as a result of sleeping so deeply tbh) but aside from a bit of arm pain feeling fine.

Yes, you need to cancel and then rebook, so carries some risk.

I was similar to you, felt ok apart from achy arm and some weird vivid dreams that night where you're not sure asleep or not.

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Masks in cinemas, theatres and gigs are not small hanging fruit for me.  They are miserable experiences.

I want normality back and I want to choose what the fuck I wear.  Trust the vaccines 

Buy a drink and you don't have to wear a mask. Most gigs I've been to only ask for masks in-between walking 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Buy a drink and you don't have to wear a mask. Most gigs I've been to only ask for masks in-between walking 

Yep only need them whilst going for a piss and entry \ exit to the building … hardly the end of the world at the moment for me at least … The lack of being able to dance did affect my enjoyment a bit though 

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The rule of 6 isn't in place anyway since the last one.

Thats outdoors. Indoors is still 6... hence you cant book a table for more than 6 people etc. I think that will go on June 21st personally. 

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah but your thinking of today's shit show and not tomoz 

I’m thinking that the restrictions are slowly easing … and that’s fine with me and probably suits me better than a dropping of everything in 1 go … that would have scared me senseless tbh 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

You realise there is not actual difference though?  Vaccines either work or they don't 

And the youngsters that haven’t had the jab  deserve the respect from me that they gave me .. and yes I know the repercussions are very likely not to cause issues … but actually there are some nervous youngsters despite the talk on here of them all wanting to get back partying … once everyone has had the chance of the jab … full steam ahead 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Im still trying to get info from the club about this, its mental. How can they assume everyone has a smart phone with the app? I know a few of the old fellas who have only just got to grips with a mobile phone with buttons. I presume they will have to send out a card or let you still use your old card OR the app. 

He is in his 50's but just refuses to join the smartphone revolution. Hopefully he and others will get a card for access to the ground. The club are changing all kinds of things they have wanted to do with tickets to make it harder to pass on. Covid has been a "bonus" for them in that situation and things have moved very quickly. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

I wouldn't cancel a first jab.  Just rebook the second after the first

It's a second he wants to rebook.

Edit: for clarity, he has had his first so guessing the system will have to allow for the second?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It'ds almost entirely correct.  The concept there is large or even moderate amount of scared youngsters is for the birds. 

And in 10 mins you will return to mental health implications for kids and youngsters ? Which is it ? I was talking of my experience of some of the youngsters  I work with ..

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

For people who have recently rebooked their second jab, was it a case of having to cancel your first and try again? My other half wants to move his (not necessarily bring it forward but it clashes with some plans we are trying to make), but a bit wary about losing his current appointment. I'm guessing they have to accommodate it some way if people need to move it?

Slept for 10 hours post my second and had some pretty mental vivid  dreams (I think just as a result of sleeping so deeply tbh) but aside from a bit of arm pain feeling fine.

I automatically got my jab brought forward by 2 weeks to today. I received a text from the NHS about 2 weeks ago saying that my appointment has been moved and have had reminders sent a few times. 👍

1 minute ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

Terrific picture from yesterdays New York Islanders win over Boston Bruins in NYs Colosseum. And that`s indoor in a cold ice rink and I don`t think there is much of masks and social distancing going on.

cut.jpg

America has adopted a strategy we are too sensitive to adopt IMO. If you want to go back to normality get double jabbed. If you don’t that’s your choice, but we won’t be locking down again because of unvaccinated people.

In the UK we care too much about people who don’t want the vaccine.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

And in 10 mins you will return to mental health implications for kids and youngsters ? Which is it ? I was talking of my experience of some of the youngsters  I work with ..

Just bloke him  .... I'll only see the 🔔🔚s comments when people reply to the moron 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think it still is indoors isn't it? 6 people or 2 households.

Ah maybe yes. To be fair I'm mostly thinking outdoors atm. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Why would you want to do this though. Put a mask on to go into a theatre or a cinema, to then need a piss etc.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Thats outdoors. Indoors is still 6... hence you cant book a table for more than 6 people etc. I think that will go on June 21st personally. 

It sound like this maybe be the only thing to go though. They sound way too cautious to open up much else.

Something about they are going to say something this week. I'm very sceptical about what they will actually allow. The latest numbers are not helping but like everyone else I just want to know now.

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

America has adopted a strategy we are too sensitive to adopt IMO. If you want to go back to normality get double jabbed. If you don’t that’s your choice, but we won’t be locking down again because of unvaccinated people.

In the UK we care too much about people who don’t want the vaccine.

they were always like this though...more relaxed about it...land of the free (and a lot of fuckin morons).