When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not broken - it's altered to the point where we might be able to open up and still race to get everyone vaccinated without too much loss of life. The vaccines are good, but not that good - especially with the current variants.

Didn't you see the NHS guy says was broken? Or do you disagree with him now?

Good to see the EU countries pick up the pace with vaccines in recent weeks. I predict European life will be virtually back to normal by the end of Q3 2021 as well as in the states with the pandemic effectively outsourced to the third world. 

It is absolutely imperative that we give spare vaccines to African and Asian countries who cannot afford them. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

FB9184C1-63D7-4D2F-85D4-B7EBE1E1074D.png

The only way this would get any backing is if the government hold a conference and detail all the reasons why it's happening and then guarantee that they'll be dropped after the 5th, if not there will be many disgruntled backbenchers, buissnesses and members of the general public too - I know the papers are going to be rife with speculation the next week so I'll take everything I see with a pinch of salt 

6 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Good to see the EU countries pick up the pace with vaccines in recent weeks. I predict European life will be virtually back to normal by the end of Q3 2021 as well as in the states with the pandemic effectively outsourced to the third world. 

It is absolutely imperative that we give spare vaccines to African and Asian countries who cannot afford them. 

I completely agree, just because we're out of the woods it doesn't mean everyone else is, I think the WHO is going to push for it and for all.his misgivings I'm glad to see Boris is going to push for it too 

26 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The only way this would get any backing is if the government hold a conference and detail all the reasons why it's happening and then guarantee that they'll be dropped after the 5th, if not there will be many disgruntled backbenchers, buissnesses and members of the general public too - I know the papers are going to be rife with speculation the next week so I'll take everything I see with a pinch of salt 

I completely agree, just because we're out of the woods it doesn't mean everyone else is, I think the WHO is going to push for it and for all.his misgivings I'm glad to see Boris is going to push for it too 

Not sure the CRG Tory Death Group will accept that without very good reason? They wanted a full reopening in winter when hospitalisations and deaths were so high.

18 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

We are being very patient and compliant.  One meal took three hours which we kindly put down to the pandemic rather than shite service and still left a tip.

To be honest it was probably just shite service given some of the staffs attitudes 🙄 😀

I shared this with my colleagues and pretty much everyone agreed that was very nice and understanding of you, and we wish more of our customers could be like that, but three hours is absolutely not OK, whatever the circumstances! Maybe full on natural disaster or zombie apocalypse or the chef keeled over in the middle of preparing your meal. Anything less than that, very bad.

Thing is though, I see it all the time, people getting so stressed over things when on holiday. Sometimes things do go wrong, sometimes it's our fault, sometimes it's their fault, sometimes it's no one's fault. Of course you need to try and put things right when they go wrong but I've seen people so wound up it's ruined their holiday over something relatively trivial.

12 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I shared this with my colleagues and pretty much everyone agreed that was very nice and understanding of you, and we wish more of our customers could be like that, but three hours is absolutely not OK, whatever the circumstances! Maybe full on natural disaster or zombie apocalypse or the chef keeled over in the middle of preparing your meal. Anything less than that, very bad.

Thing is though, I see it all the time, people getting so stressed over things when on holiday. Sometimes things do go wrong, sometimes it's our fault, sometimes it's their fault, sometimes it's no one's fault. Of course you need to try and put things right when they go wrong but I've seen people so wound up it's ruined their holiday over something relatively trivial.

3 hours?! I think I would have said something and left.

24 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Not sure the CRG Tory Death Group will accept that without very good reason? They wanted a full reopening in winter when hospitalisations and deaths were so high.

Yeah this is why I think they need to do a big conference around it listing all the reasons why the slight delay is necessary because if not there will be lots of very peeved politicians and members of the public too, although I'm not sure if parliament would have to vote on it 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah this is why I think they need to do a big conference around it listing all the reasons why the slight delay is necessary because if not there will be lots of very peeved politicians and members of the public too, although I'm not sure if parliament would have to vote on it 

I think we’ll get one on the 14th but not before. Going to be a week of speculation and leaks to test the waters first...

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm sure if there is an extension then Johnson will do his thing in parliament and then do his thing on tv in the evening with Whitty and Vallance and their graphs and stuff.

It's not really an extension though is it....the earliest date was always June 21st following a review...so they can just have review and say we're good to go July 5th...freedom day, come on England...etc.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm sure if there is an extension then Johnson will do his thing in parliament and then do his thing on tv in the evening with Whitty and Vallance and their graphs and stuff.

It's not really an extension though is it....the earliest date was always June 21st following a review...so they can just have review and say we're good to go July 5th...freedom day, come on England...etc.

Yeah I agree with this and as you say in all fairness the date was never fully set in stone, I do worry though things like '3 weeks to flatten the curve' might come into play again 

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think we’ll get one on the 14th but not before. Going to be a week of speculation and leaks to test the waters first...

It's going to be unbearable isn't it? Every paper will have a different source, all the scientists will be ranting about why their view is the right one, no one will know what to believe... Lord help us all 😬

So, when everyone is fully vaccinated then.

Vaccination is being opened up to the under 30s from this week, says the health secretary.

The government is getting "a step closer" to the point all adults are offered a vaccine, he says.

When everyone has had two doses, the wider population will have the protection we now see older adults have.

Then we can "get out of this" and "restore freedoms", he says.

Edited by Copperface

17 minutes ago, Copperface said:

So, when everyone is fully vaccinated then.

Vaccination is being opened up to the under 30s from this week, says the health secretary.

The government is getting "a step closer" to the point all adults are offered a vaccine, he says.

When everyone has had two doses, the wider population will have the protection we now see older adults have.

Then we can "get out of this" and "restore freedoms", he says.

As an absolute minimum to me that means H-F-S is staying until all adults have been offered their second dose.

I do think we might still see the government relax limits on social contact before that. 

To tell the truth I don’t actually know what the rules really are anymore apart from mask wearing but I’d imagine they’ll further relax the outdoors stuff and keep the indoors as the same with the date for everything else moving a few weeks.

I’ve not been out for a drinking session in pubs yet but my brother said that everywhere bar the local Wetherspoons in my hometown have shall we say relaxed current rules already…

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Every pub I’ve been in has been really good with the rules and has really good systems in place to make you feel safe. They all seem to be taking it really seriously from what I can see. 

I think depends where you go...the bigger places seem to be doing the table ordering thing, but the small pub I went to in London last week you wouldn't have known there were any restrictions at all.