When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, st dan said:

Isn’t all of this likely to be a case that B1617.2 may very well be more transmissible than other variants, but it simply isn’t getting past the antibodies once it is hitting the vaccinated? And therefore isn’t able to spread to great effect?
If this variant was around and vaccines still hadn’t been rolled out then we’d be in big trouble, but as that isn’t the case there isn’t any real cause for panic? 

Yes! 

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

Isn’t all of this likely to be a case that B1617.2 may very well be more transmissible than other variants, but it simply isn’t getting past the antibodies once it is hitting the vaccinated? And therefore isn’t able to spread to great effect?
If this variant was around and vaccines still hadn’t been rolled out then we’d be in big trouble, but as that isn’t the case there isn’t any real cause for panic? 

Yeah that's what it's looking like! 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sums it up really.

Problem is there WILL be more, so hopefully some are discharged or the picture won't look good in a week 

I think you misunderstood by 'shooting up' would have to double or triple I think for them to be worried.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

28% in two days is quite a lot, isn't it?

Also it has doubled in two weeks - so it does deserve some attention. Whether these are vaccinated / unvaccinated patients is the real key here I think. Wonder if they’ll release that information. 

Hardly spreading like 'wildfire' as some in the media have claimed.

Also re indy sage, I think the most frustrating thing about some of the outrageous comments about the Liverpool pilot gig 'human guinea pigs' etc talking about how it might cause deaths (lol) is the fact there is 0 retraction of these comments or acknowledgment when it is proved wrong.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes and No? Can be misleading working with percentages. 2 cases rising to 4 cases is 100% increase... but its still only 4 cases. 

We need to keep an eye on the 7 day average to get a good picture. We have 5 weeks before June 21st to wait and see, all the flapping and hysteria helps nobody. 

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

A hell of a lot of extra testing keep in mind! 

Yeah something they will likely fail to take into account and fuel the hysteria. 

If the Governement had any ounce of common sense they would stop the hysteria and say they will compare the data in 2 weeks time and then make an initial decision. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Personally I’m more concerned about some of the stuff going on that influences policy that we don’t see going on …. 

You wanna know what goes on behind the scenes? There's an old comedy show called 'Yes Prime Minister' 

I think you'll find it to be completely factual. 😂

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Hardly spreading like 'wildfire' as some in the media have claimed.

Also re indy sage, I think the most frustrating thing about some of the outrageous comments about the Liverpool pilot gig 'human guinea pigs' etc talking about how it might cause deaths (lol) is the fact there is 0 retraction of these comments or acknowledgment when it is proved wrong.

My favourite comment from them about the liverpool trials is that there should have been consent sought from the participants family, friends and colleagues 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

As has been pointed out - not on a relatively low starting base, no.

And it's not even the absolute number that matters - more important is how many of those hospital admissions were from people who'v been vaccinated - if they're all fully vaccinated, then even a small increase is a disaster, if none of them are vaccinated then it's not nearly as concerning.