When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

What are the chances it ends up being 0 percent more transmissable 

He said the two extremes were 0% to 50%, but most likely to be in the middle.

So hopefully means we can crack on with June 21st. 25/30% won't mean NHS gets overwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is a good thread on the Indian variant, according to the Sanger Institute the Indian variant has a growth rate advantage of 13% over the Kent variant. 

I think I’ve seen a graph showing a prediction of cases going forwards according to how much more transmissible it was going up by 10% a time.

Pretty sure anything below 20% was very minor in terms of severity.

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is a good thread on the Indian variant, according to the Sanger Institute the Indian variant has a growth rate advantage of 13% over the Kent variant. 

If it’s 13% then we are fine. Needs to be above 30% to have any serious prospect of delaying the roadmap. 

47 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Pickings where very slim (think there is a supply issues) so I had a bit of a session on Green King IPA

Think a lot of places are just being cautious in their ordering too. And in how many are tapped at any one time. I know we are. Thrown too much beer away over the last year.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup. Are Fake SAGE going to apologise for fear mongering?

Of course not.

It could be the year 2034 and hardly anyone could have died from covid in the western world for about a decade. Fake SAGE will be calling for a household mixing ban just in case the Central African Republic variant escapes the vaccine. 

So...one of the silver linings of the last 14 months or so has been the fact that I haven’t had to travel, so get to spend much more time at home. My daughter (turned 6 last week) was listening to one of her playlists this evening, Mersey Paradise came on (she likes the bit about meeting a pike who’ll wolf me down for tea tonight) and she asked if I’d play some more for her...so, we popped the first album on (made of stone and I am the resurrection made the cut for her new playlist)...anyway, as I am the Resurrection is playing out, she looks at me and says...” don’t you just love the Stone Roses”...kids eh, bloody marvellous things! 😁

...as ye were...

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Of course not.

It could be the year 2034 and hardly anyone could have died from covid in the western world for about a decade. Fake SAGE will be calling for a household mixing ban just in case the Central African Republic variant escapes the vaccine. 

PRecAuTionaRy PrINCiPLe 

24 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

So...one of the silver linings of the last 14 months or so has been the fact that I haven’t had to travel, so get to spend much more time at home. My daughter (turned 6 last week) was listening to one of her playlists this evening, Mersey Paradise came on (she likes the bit about meeting a pike who’ll wolf me down for tea tonight) and she asked if I’d play some more for her...so, we popped the first album on (made of stone and I am the resurrection made the cut for her new playlist)...anyway, as I am the Resurrection is playing out, she looks at me and says...” don’t you just love the Stone Roses”...kids eh, bloody marvellous things! 😁

...as ye were...

"and then when they stopped making music together they all went to stay on a farm where they all lived happily ever after and no one ever heard from them again. Especially the singer. Who definitely isn't on Twitter. The End"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

"and then when they stopped making music together they all went to stay on a farm where they all lived happily ever after and no one ever heard from them again. Especially the singer. Who definitely isn't on Twitter. The End"

😁 I have actually been thinking about that! (I like second coming as it happens, tightrope is a cracker!)...but in the case of the Stone Roses, I’m happy to separate the man from his art!