When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There’s very much a difference to me from @DeanoL and his very well thought through and non antagonistic posts … I think if someone becomes passionate it’s fair to give them a chance for explanation … that said I don’t agree with the part of his post that you complain about …. And using words like usual suspects is not helpful either … 

Not sure how him saying he hopes the guy catches covid and dies could possibly be explained away.

Yeah, I dunno why you take issue with me pointing out the obvious clique that has formed in this thread over the last year. I've mentioned it before and it is pretty obvious. Sooner this thread dies, the better.

3 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Why have we still not evolved beyond the the discourse of "let's just let young people get it so that we can go to the pub" young people are overwhelming represented in hospitality and public facing jobs so have no choice whether they want to go out or not. - Also everytime this conversation comes up people forget about long covid, everyone i know who has had covid my age (25) are still struggling with shortness of breath and other symptoms, months and months after testing postive. 

This is not a disease you want to have. 

My thoughts are similar 2 work colleagues in their early 20s were bed ridden by this virus for weeks .... its absolutely shit and you  dont want it .... and if it circulates in such numbers to hit the young it fucks the economy up anyway ... 

5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Why have we still not evolved beyond the the discourse of "let's just let young people get it so that we can go to the pub" young people are overwhelming represented in hospitality and public facing jobs so have no choice whether they want to go out or not. - Also everytime this conversation comes up people forget about long covid, everyone i know who has had covid my age (25) are still struggling with shortness of breath and other symptoms, months and months after testing postive. 

This is not a disease you want to have. 

Long covid = post viral syndrome. You can get symptoms months after any virus because of the damage viruses can do to your lungs and other organs. It must be stressed that this is the exception not the rule. I believe around 10% of people get long covid. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its an interesting concept that we debate over if to jab the totally not at risk 30 year old or the totally not at risk 20 year old first...  

Haha indeed. Welcome to the new world. 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not sure how him saying he hopes the guy catches covid and dies could possibly be explained away.

Yeah, I dunno why you take issue with me pointing out the obvious clique that has formed in this thread over the last year. I've mentioned it before and it is pretty obvious. Sooner this thread dies, the better.

we all have the ability to think independently you know .... we dont have a FAKE  efests SAGE watts app group .... 🙂 

35 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Mate - I don't if I don't die. I don't want to get COVID. It's horrible. I've seen what it does to people who come out the other end. Don't want to do that. It's not worth it to go to the pub 3 weeks earlier to me. "You won't die" is not the slam dunk argument you think it.

I'm sort of hoping it kills you at this point though you condescendinging prick.

Haha. Weasel. 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I would imagine that 10% is being driven out of older people as well.  Will be a lot lower in younger people who often don't even know they have it.  Long Covid is the last scare tactic the pro-lockdown group have to wave.  "Yeah but you might get long covid".  

That’s why there is absolutely no need for the label of “long covid” by the way. It’s a totally made up term much like “masks”.

We are the biggest nation of hypochondriacs. 

The other side of it of course is that these people in their 20s have had some of the best years of their lives on hold for a year, apparently purely for the benefit of others, and are now being told "now get back to work at the pub to serve vaccinated people - if you get COVID you'll just be horribly ill for a few weeks, it's fine"

Weren't some of you guys condemning all the students partying in September 2020 when for some reason we let the universities go back? Why? Why was 18 year-olds partying with other 18-year olds a problem for you then? As long as they avoided older people (which they could - they were uni students, away from home) what was the problem there? If they won't end up in hospital with COVID?

I feel it's only fair these people be given a choice as to what risk they want to take. I'm sure in many cases, many would find the risk worth it anyway. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

we all have the ability to think independently you know .... we dont have a FAKE  efests SAGE watts app group .... 🙂 

I never said anyone had a whatsapp group. Frankly I couldn't care less, do what you want to do. There have defo been instances of people teaming up to try get people banned from certain people, plus it's very obvious that certain people can get away with saying bad things but others can't. Number one prime culprit being steveiwevie who has been borderline trolling for about 10k posts over a year lol.

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There must be a FAKE SAGE efests what's app group? Otherwise how are they co-ordinating who posts the latest thread from Christina Pagel?

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I never said anyone had a whatsapp group. Frankly I couldn't care less, do what you want to do. There have defo been instances of people teaming up to try get people banned from certain people, plus it's very obvious that certain people can get away with saying bad things but others can't. Number one prime culprit being steveiwevie who has been borderline trolling for about 10k posts over a year lol.

getting people banned ? can you show me any evidence of this ? 

Just now, steviewevie said:

ahh...Fray and his little clique rants.

People keep posting on here how this thread should die.

Over 10k posts of mindless trolling, deary me. What a sad little life!

The sooner this thread dies the better indeed cause it will mean a sense of normality has been restores domestically, god knows how you'll cope with needing to interact with people outwith 3 word posts of nonsense on here.

Ps weird how you have me on ignore but always post about me 😂

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The other side of it of course is that these people in their 20s have had some of the best years of their lives on hold for a year, apparently purely for the benefit of others, and are now being told "now get back to work at the pub to serve vaccinated people - if you get COVID you'll just be horribly ill for a few weeks, it's fine"

Weren't some of you guys condemning all the students partying in September 2020 when for some reason we let the universities go back? Why? Why was 18 year-olds partying with other 18-year olds a problem for you then? As long as they avoided older people (which they could - they were uni students, away from home) what was the problem there? If they won't end up in hospital with COVID?

I feel it's only fair these people be given a choice as to what risk they want to take. I'm sure in many cases, many would find the risk worth it anyway. 

We do. No one is forced to work in a pub. 

17 minutes ago, Havors said:

The priority in that scenario is getting that bloody grandmother vaccinated before the 20 year old 😄

It really is. I do wonder if we’re at the stage where financial incentives need to be given - something as little as £100 and I think you’d see a huge increase in those that are currently ‘hesitant’. 
Although that’s not fair on all those millions that have done the right thing and had their jab when called, so not sure it would sit well. 

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

A vast majoirty of these 20 year olds dont care and want lockdown gone as well as the vaccinated people. 

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yet again you overstate the actual impact of covid on young adults. I’m not sure if this is because you’ve genuinely bought into the whole “it could happen to anyone” narrative, which is completely made up narrative to motivate younger people to follow the rules, or if you are willingly misinterpreting the virus to prove a point, but many many young adults with covid don’t get any symptoms at all (1/3 of all cases are asymptomatic and this skews young and healthy) and of the ones that do, most just have a slight cold for a few days.

Long Covid symptoms are the exception not the rule (and even many people with long covid only have minor persistent symptoms) and hospitalisation and death is incredibly rare. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

1484882084_WhatsAppImage2021-05-09at23_13_04.thumb.jpeg.2d3ed9c6a8ee3937469d0d073d9cb1d1.jpeg

AZ kicks in sooner

That chart is a bit concerning regarding the drop in % preventing hospitalisations at 5 to 6 weeks for one dose considering we are second dosing at 11-12 weeks. I’ve not seen those stats before - I thought that the protection was fairly stable after 3 weeks and further boosted on the 2nd dose. Could this be another reason for the current nervousness on the potential spread of the B1617.2 variant?

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

It really is. I do wonder if we’re at the stage where financial incentives need to be given - something as little as £100 and I think you’d see a huge increase in those that are currently ‘hesitant’. 
Although that’s not fair on all those millions that have done the right thing and had their jab when called, so not sure it would sit well. 

I wouldn’t be impressed if people started getting paid for their jab when I’ve had mine without needing to be financially compensated. 

Can’t really start fining people not for getting jabbed either as that has all sorts of moral and legal implications. 

The only thing that can be done is gentle persuasion encouraging people to do the right thing.

Hopefully the minority who still choose not to be jabbed won’t be a problem due to herd immunity and the large percentage of the population having being vaccinated. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I have this when I talk to other parents and I find it incredibly frustrating and worrying.

Yeah we all know a few young children have sadly died and its awful.  But I think its something like 4 under 10s or something.  Doesn't stop there being a strong section of parents I know feeling like the kids shouldn't be back at school until they are vaccinated and are "safe".  And its not from the view point of protecting granny.  They really think there children are in danger.

If you attempt to tell the truth it all gets really ugly really quickly.  

Fear beyond the facts is an awful thing.

A guy at my work has become a grandad recently (well, baby was born in April 2020) and despite living round the corner, his daughter won’t even let him go for a walk with the baby girl because they want to be “careful with the newborn baby”

Have you seen the stats on babies with covid? It barely affects them at all. People have a complete lack of ability to assess risk. 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yet again you overstate the actual impact of covid on young adults. I’m not sure if this is because you’ve genuinely bought into the whole “it could happen to anyone” narrative, which is completely made up narrative to motivate younger people to follow the rules, or if you are willingly misinterpreting the virus to prove a point, but many many young adults with covid don’t get any symptoms at all (1/3 of all cases are asymptomatic and this skews young and healthy) and of the ones that do, most just have a slight cold for a few days.

Long Covid symptoms are the exception not the rule (and even many people with long covid only have minor persistent symptoms) and hospitalisation and death is incredibly rare. 

Also worth remembering that the majority of older people who get covid also get mild symptoms and a very short experience with the disease. 

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

I think they should for all young people who get the jab...think it would be a nice gesture, and by young I guess I mean 18-24....something like that.