When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Anyone have any idea why our vaccine levels are so healthy? I thought numbers went down because Serum Institute had stopped topping us up, and I'm pretty sure that supply isn't coming back.

Just better yields in the UK facilities?

I think our supplies were never going down, it's just that they were staying fairly static and we needed to give 2nd doses to people so we had to slow the rate of the 1st doses. I could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Even with that extra £50 it could still be cheaper than a holiday on the UK. Some insane prices being charged this year

I've not overally check but my thoughts for this year generally are now don't bother yet.

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Presume you are talking about CLY ?  - 6.5 / -7.

I think you are right.  I think they only go up to -5.75.

Something like that -6 it goes up to so I miss out by .5 anyway.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, agree with all of that - it's definitely too much.

Hence why I'd rather wait

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Morons

Chip on their shoulder twats 

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/covid-vaccine-rollout-to-40-44s-expected-next-week-says-nhse/

That tells us that the expansion to 40+ will be offered by NHS England and not GPs. GPs will not be getting supply for a further 2 weeks for 1st doses, so the supply for 1st douses is going to the mass centres not GP led ones.

So, when it opens up, those wanting to get jabbed anytime soon will need to be prepared to go on the national booking site and book and possibly travel a bit, rather than thinking they will wait for a GP based appointment which is very local as they will be few and far between until at least a week into May.

Most people on here who are watching and waiting are keen to book ASAP and will go wherever is necessary, but friends and family and those who come to these threads once rollout starts happening often want the local jab. It’s important they understand they can either wait (and possibly 2-3 weeks or longer) for a GP local appointment or book using the national site as soon as they can.

Because in previous cohorts GPs delivered a big chunk of first jabs, people just imagine it’s still the same. It isn’t.

(copied from another forum)

1 minute ago, waltere said:

Had the displeasure of watching the anti-covid protest roll past whilst day drinking in Green Park. Was genuinely astounded by how long the thing was going past for, genuinely must have been over an hour

I don’t understand it. We are so close to the end of lockdown. What are they playing at?

And how come the police seem happy to let these gatherings take place now? It wasn’t like this at the Sarah Everard vigil a few weeks back.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I don’t understand it. We are so close to the end of lockdown. What are they playing at?

And how come the police seem happy to let these gatherings take place now? It wasn’t like this at the Sarah Everard vigil a few weeks back.

tenor.gif

Never underestimate the capacity of dickheads to be dickheads

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Are the parks running at reduced capacity? I’m assuming they are sanitising hand holds etc between groups which would add to the change over time

Yes all running at reduced capacity still. And not sanitising hand holds on every cycle but using sprays that last a while and hand sanitiser in queue lines and exit gates.