When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/travel-news-covid-green-red-list-international-summer-holidays/

The US State Department has heightened its travel warning against the UK, now categorising it as ‘Level Four: Do Not Travel’. This is the strongest advisory rating, indicating a “very high level of COVID-19”.

I don't get it...  is 2,500 cases a day very high levels ? 

UK variant I guess.

Plus, Biden thinks Bojo is a racist w*nker.

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Hearing some talk that 18-30’s might get vaccinated because 31-40 year olds. Reason being that we have a lot of Pfizer supply ready to go and the non-AZ stocks need to be reserved for the younger group, so makes sense to start firing them into arms and the 30-somethings can wait until the next batch of AZ comes in. 

Northern Ireland has already opened up some bookings for 35-39 year olds so I can't see it...

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/travel-news-covid-green-red-list-international-summer-holidays/

The US State Department has heightened its travel warning against the UK, now categorising it as ‘Level Four: Do Not Travel’. This is the strongest advisory rating, indicating a “very high level of COVID-19”.

Only for the Glazers after the cancelled Super League

This is a quite interesting view:

Klaus Vander, head of the Institute for Hospital Hygiene and Microbiology, campaigns to ensure that vaccinated people who crowd into the inn, the hairdresser, the football field, the cinema, the opera no longer need tests.

"From my point of view, a vaccinated person does not need an antigen test in public spaces," says Vander.

"That would be a bonus." Around 14 days after the second vaccination, one can assume "sufficient protection" and immunity continues to increase.

There should be no exception in the health and hospital sectors, as vaccinated people will have to test themselves in the future.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Also interesting that their models don't predict a third wave in the UK - is it actually modelling the end of restrictions? 

Not altogether sure of some of the accuracy on that. It shows that the UK has a capacity of around 1500 ICU beds when England alone has around 4100. That would seriously affect any modelling.

Just seen report on local news re Novavax now just started production on Teesside. Fuji Dio factory expected to eventually increase production to 150 million doses per year when at full capacity. UK has purchased 60 million doses with approval expected later in the summer. Entirely made in England with the fill/finish being done in Barnard Castle by GSK. Looks hopeful.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Yes it is very high levels. We have to remember than the very high numbers we had were just absurd and out of control from no action bring taken. Countries that are free to do much closer to as they please have numbers nowhere near as close.

5 hours ago, Snerrick said:

How do you go about it though? Just barge in during the late afternoon? Where in the UK are we talking?

Yeah I've not heard of any "walk-in centres". I've volunteered for three shifts at a mass vaccination centre and it was strictly appointment only. People could queue outside for leftovers at the end of the day (about 7pm, but some waited all afternoon for that). They never did more than 10 of those a day due to what was left in the vials.

That's just my experience, maybe it's different at some centres, but you certainly couldn't just walk in without an appointment where I was.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I've not heard of any "walk-in centres". I've volunteered for three shifts at a mass vaccination centre and it was strictly appointment only. People could queue outside for leftovers at the end of the day (about 7pm, but some waited all afternoon for that). They never did more than 10 of those a day due to what was left in the vials.

That's just my experience, maybe it's different at some centres, but you certainly couldn't just walk in without an appointment where I was.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Same at mine. massive signs saying Appointment Only. Not seen anyone waiting for leftovers at mine though and all my shifts have been evening ones.

23 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Nice. My wife adopted a tree at  Weston’s for me in 2012 and we go up twice a year from Torbay, to see it and sample the products in their lovely cafe.

Its really worth a visit 

Me and my lady have had a day tour booked that was a 2019 Xmas prezzy then we plan to finally arrange soon. Canny wait. 

2 minutes ago, Vulpes vulpes said:

If your in the England use the nhs booking page. People in Scotland need to wait.

Thanks mate, I just Googled it and booked both. Weirdly is still says 45 and over but I just carried on and booked it.

FIrst one is Sat am. Hope I don't feel like shit after - I've got football in the afternnon!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Thanks mate, I just Googled it and booked both. Weirdly is still says 45 and over but I just carried on and booked it.

FIrst one is Sat am. Hope I don't feel like shit after - I've got football in the afternnon!

likely that the wording hasnt been updated yet ... we saw that before I think 

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Congrats, strange how they’ve opened it up to just one year below. 

Still waiting (early 40’s).

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

In Manchester there are now a good number of walk in centres, mainly temporary sites in supermarkets, places of worship and so on. No appointment is necessary but people still need to be in the right age group.

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

In Manchester there are now a good number of walk in centres, mainly temporary sites in supermarkets, places of worship and so on. No appointment is necessary but people still need to be in the right age group.

They’re not even that strict. My friend (44) and his wife (31) went to the one in Rusholme last week and got a dose of AZ