When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

After restrictions were eased last summer numbers stayed low until the autumn...right?

Well, kind of.  It's not so much about the absolute numbers, so much as the direction of travel - which is why people keep getting blindsided by exponential growth.  The case growth had actually started as far back as August.

It's been a while, but it feels like the next step in May will put us back to the equivalent to the lowest level of restrictions as last summer - we never quite got as far as the June unlocking did we?  Would you say that is roughly equivalent? 

15 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Really good second doses for Scotland but slightly concerned there has been a couple days in a row with next to no first doses

For Scotland, a few months ago they concentrated on hard to reach over 70s and care homes didnt they? i assume its the same principle for concetrating on them for second doses

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well, kind of.  It's not so much about the absolute numbers, so much as the direction of travel - which is why people keep getting blindsided by exponential growth.  The case growth had actually started as far back as August.

It's been a while, but it feels like the next step in May will put us back to the equivalent to the lowest level of restrictions as last summer - we never quite got as far as the June unlocking did we?  Would you say that is roughly equivalent? 

yeah, sounds about right...

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thatchers, good choice. Pub on Friday had that on tap, was very pleased as it brings back the glastonbury memories! 

It was only a quick drink but nice to see my best mate jc2000 for anyone on the hurt heal thread ... I’m pro face masks as people probably know ... but great to have it off along with some interaction with other people once more ... and oh that smiling thing 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Has there been any indication of when the vaccine will be available for over 40s?

Now.. if you go and wait at your vac centre at the end of the day! 

3 hours ago, Mellotr0n said:

Agreed - fair enough. It was just a little hard to leave that comment be, given his previous. You’re right, I shouldn’t have risen to it.

Heh, it was only a gentle jest, just being slightly ironic in that you were stating something that you labelled me as an 'internet Karen' for saying exactly the same thing a few months ago. Where's everybody's sense of humour evaporated to?

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Fag Packet Maths Alert

4,200,000 45 to 49 year olds...

40% left to do so... 1,680,000

We are doing about at least 80,000 a day so...

21 days...  10th May

But the reality is the bookings will probably open up a bit before that to keep things rolling..

I am thinking start of May in reality

I dont think they'll be that strict about getting 100% of 45-49 year olds jabbed. Once it gets to 75-80% they'll open up for the lower cohort