When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

bit of a wtf...

Not really that much of a surprise.. The guidance is frequently changing to fit the current situation. Wouldn't surprise me if if it's a reaction to Nottingham/shire CCG attempting to move on to over 40s this week which meant myself and others were able to get done earlier than we were supposed to.

The Government has still promised all adults by July, and so once groups 1-9 are largely done the guidance will change again to allow for non-priority people.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It's not clickbait. He's reporting it on Sky News now and it's official from the governments web site.

Read what I said. His text (headline) reads like under 50s will now not be offered vaccine at all. In reality, its during the 4 weeks. 

It's a deliberately misleading headline

It's not clickbait. He's reporting it on Sky News now and it's official from the governments web site.

Of course it's clickbait. While he's reporting something that exists, it doesn't amount anything more than "don't move past the priority groups just yet" which was already the presumed policy.

Just now, incident said:

Of course it's clickbait. While he's reporting something that exists, it doesn't amount anything more than "don't move past the priority groups just yet" which was already the presumed policy.

No it's not clickbait, it's updated guidance that's come out and should be reported.

Question for @Toilet Duck.

Assume you've been vaccinated, but that vaccine doesn't prevent infection (e.g. AZ vaccines against the SA variant), but you are protected against server disease through cellular immunity. If you are infected, are you likely to develop antibodies that make you resistant to future infections of this variant?  Your cellular immunity isn't going to cause any problems for you developing antibodies through natural infection rather than vaccination is it?

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It's obvious this is a setback, maybe not a major one, but a setback all the same.

Some were getting far too carried away and it shows the wisdom of the roadmap not being too aggressive on timing.

I don't think this is really even a setback. It's just par for course with manufacturing, they'll be some delays at some stage. I don't think it'll impact the roadmap, as you say they have the 5 week buffer built in for reasons just like this.

No it's not clickbait, it's updated guidance that's come out and should be reported.

Updated guidance that amounts to exactly the same principles that areas were already expected to work to. It's worthy of reporting, but only as a footnote in an article, not pretending something significant has changed.

As I said previously, I suspect that it's only been formally spelled out because an area unexpectedly skipped straight to over 40s earlier this week before backtracking a few hours later.