When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Kit Yates
@Kit_Yates_Maths
If you think young people don’t need the vaccine because they’re all at lower risk, consider this.
People in their 20s and 30s may have roughly the same risk of dying of covid as people in their 50s of seasonal flu.

Which is what? 0.5%?

Dunno if it's just cause the sun is shining here in Glasgow but I am feeling very optimistic that this is almost behind us! The vaccines are so good and the numbers are amazing. 

I wonder when this thread will eventually drop off page 1... that will be sign this shit is over (the pandemic... but also kind of this thread lol )

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Would that be any actual benefit whatsover? If the EU wanted to invest in more production infrastructure they could have done so at any point surely, as we did? AZ aren't stopping them. I suspect the issue is that it has to be sold at cost, so even if they didn't have a monopoly on production, none of the other pharmaceutical companies would want to make it.

Just now, DeanoL said:

Would that be any actual benefit whatsover? If the EU wanted to invest in more production infrastructure they could have done so at any point surely, as we did? AZ aren't stopping them. I suspect the issue is that it has to be sold at cost, so even if they didn't have a monopoly on production, none of the other pharmaceutical companies would want to make it.

I cant imagine most pharam companies would look kindly on the EU doing that with patents either

2 minutes ago, waltere said:

I read this as a question at first, thought he was being oddly confrontational, then realised he meant the World Health Organisation 😄

Ha, I did the same!! It initially felt a bit 'Oi, you looking at my bird?'.

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, phimill said:

If we continue to keep increasing to the numbers talked about previously 600/700k per day for the next 2 weeks - we could genuinely see the groups 1-9 completed on "Good Friday" - the papers will have a field day if it is!

Depending on second doses, that could well be the case!