When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

52 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The measure is the most accurate thing we have. Small but offsetting numbers will either:

A: Test positive for covid and then go on to die of a completely independent thing within the next 28 days (Existing cancer etc, hit by a bus, whatever)

B: Test positive for covid and become seriously unwell, soldier on for a month and then succumb to it after the 28 day period 

Also Spain pretty much stopped reporting their deaths over the summer unless they could record it on the same day it happened. Not sure if that went back to normal after the tourist season ended or not. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They are doing it as a trial and with maskwearing. Still will be interesting to see the results a couple of weeks later.

I think this is where I’d become an anti-masker. Like I’m perfectly happy to wear masks in shops and on the tube etc to keep people safe, but for things like gigs I reckon seeing everyone in a mask would ruin the enjoyment of it for me. I think I’d rather just not bother. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think this is where I’d become an anti-masker. Like I’m perfectly happy to wear masks in shops and on the tube etc to keep people safe, but for things like gigs I reckon seeing everyone in a mask would ruin the enjoyment of it for me. I think I’d rather just not bother. 

Anti maskers are people who think they don't work or breach their human rights, not people that they don't enjoy wearing a mask.

I think the idea is to prove that noone gets infected at a maskwearing concert of 5,000 people to build some initial confidence. And a future trial without the masks.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I went to Arsenal v Rapid Vienna in December and we had to wear masks during the game. 

Spoilt it for me.  

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Anti maskers are people who think they don't work or breach their human rights, not people that they don't enjoy wearing a mask.

I think the idea is to prove that noone gets infected at a maskwearing concert of 5,000 people to build some initial confidence. And a future trial without the masks.

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I went to Arsenal v Rapid Vienna in December and we had to wear masks during the game. 

Spoilt it for me.  

It’s a valid point. I wouldn’t say I’m one of those people who opposes wearing masks ideologically, I don’t think they’re a human rights breach and I do agree that they should be mandatory in certain situations.

BUT they would ruin my enjoyment of certain places which would mean I’d rather just not go at all if the alternative is having to wear a mask. It’s not so much the wearing a mask myself but actually seeing everyone else with a mask on 

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It’s a valid point. I wouldn’t say I’m one of those people who opposes wearing masks ideologically, I don’t think they’re a human rights breach and I do agree that they should be mandatory in certain situations.

BUT they would ruin my enjoyment of certain places which would mean I’d rather just not go at all if the alternative is having to wear a mask. It’s not so much the wearing a mask myself but actually seeing everyone else with a mask on 

That's why I'm pretty glad Glastonbury cancelled.  I do not want that weird shit in my happy place.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Perhaps find out more before you judge. They are running the concert with many controls.

And Spain cases have fallen dramatically recently, slightly more rapid than UK even.

I did. I looked yesterday. A 7 day average of over 9k new cases a day. Yes they are having days half what we are but our jumps back up are nowhere near the size of theirs.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's why I'm pretty glad Glastonbury cancelled.  I do not want that weird shit in my happy place.

Do you reckon masks will be used at the festivals that are going ahead? I was hoping the fact that vaccine/LFT passports are likely to be in place and the fact they’re outside will mean masks and distancing are NOT used 

A mask trial makes sense for maybe the last 5 week period of our roadmap (maybe) but I hope it doesn't go any further than that.

I think the idea of masks at a gig once everyone is vaccinated is a bit ridiculous, only because it indicates that the virus spreading is still something we need to worry about (which we shouldn't), which kind of calls into question letting gatherings happen if there is good reason why it's still a problem. Not to mention once you sweat on them they're supposedly less effective anyway.

I don't think the numbers of people who would only feel safe at a gig with a mask are higher than the number who would not bother going if they had to wear them.

Plus profits would dip - if you sell alcohol and are allowed to bring your masks down to drink a whole pint it makes a mockery of the idea they're needed in the first place

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I did. I looked yesterday. A 7 day average of over 9k new cases a day. Yes they are having days half what we are but our jumps back up are nowhere near the size of theirs.

This is simply wrong.  Cases are falling and your source is wrong. I live in Spain, I read the Spanish press.

I've even shared a graph from the most commonly used source for data. What more do you want?

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Do you reckon masks will be used at the festivals that are going ahead? I was hoping the fact that vaccine/LFT passports are likely to be in place and the fact they’re outside will mean masks and distancing are NOT used 

They'll probably still be about, even if most people aren't wearing them.  Next year, they'll be pretty much gone.

I think it's inevitable that some people this summer will feel like wearing a mask when they are in crowded places. I suspect even Glastonbury 2022 won't see a complete absence of masks.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

I think it's inevitable that some people this summer will feel like wearing a mask when they are in crowded places. I suspect even Glastonbury 2022 won't see a complete absence of masks.

I mean, if a few people wanna wear them then that’s their prerogative. Do you think they’ll be compulsory (or optional but > 50% worn) is the question? 

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is simply wrong.  Cases are falling and your source is wrong. I live in Spain, I read the Spanish press.

I've even shared a graph from the most commonly used source for data. What more do you want?

These are my two.

And yes you have a population of 46m. The latest in that graph shows 300 cases per 1million which actually works out at 13k.

If the info of I live here I know is valid enough bloody hell half the UK would know. You're very over protective of Spain which fair you live there. I live in the UK and will confirm that at the minute it's a shithole country that is gash.

I apologise on the 10k number, I misread that they didn't have update stats to March. But 6k is still high.

Screenshot_20210305-124135_Chrome.jpg

Edited by thewayiam
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I mean, if a few people wanna wear them then that’s their prerogative. Do you think they’ll be compulsory (or optional but > 50% worn) is the question? 

No, and promoters know it'd be deeply unpopular so it'll never be enforced. Wearing it in a crowded shopping centre is one thing but when you're at a gig and want to drink a pint/chat to your friends? Nah, fuck that. It'd be a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

31 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I think I would have to think twice about going to a football match now if I was told I had to wear one.  

Fingers crossed I don't have to do it by the time the season starts again in August (assuming we are all back to 'normal' by then) however I suspect I may have to for the Euro 2020 games I have tickets for should that go ahead as planned, I could probably just about put up with it for those but no further!

I question the usefulness of masks once prevalence is low tbh. It’s one thing wearing one to avoid spreading the virus when there’s a fairly significant chance you could be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus. When hardly anyone actually has the virus though, masks are a pain in the arse. 

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

These are my two.

And yes you have a population of 46m. The latest in that graph shows 300 cases per 1million which actually works out at 13k.

If the info of I live here I know is valid enough bloody hell half the UK would know. You're very over protective of Spain which fair you live there. I live in the UK and will confirm that at the minute it's a shithole country that is gash.

Screenshot_20210305-124135_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-123955_Google.jpg

It doesn't prove anything but of course someone living in a country knows more about what is going on in that country.

I don't follow at all.

What you've shared shows cases falling 47%. Both graphs show sharp falls. You can see the red line going down.

Yet you wrote on cases that Spain had "upped a lot recently"

12 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

No, and promoters know it'd be deeply unpopular so it'll never be enforced. Wearing it in a crowded shopping centre is one thing but when you're at a gig and want to drink a pint/chat to your friends? Nah, fuck that. It'd be a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

Totally agree.  I wouldn't buy a ticket for anything that would require me to mask up for the duration.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This summer who knows? Maybe, it's the sort of thing that feels easy to ask for if you want to be seen to be doing something.  By next year I can't imagine it'd be mandatory and suspect optional will have fallen off to 5-10%ish.