When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

40 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Ive been told I'm being way too optimistic but I think by august we'll be back to pre-covid. My reasoning is that with the vaccine, we're hitting around 2-3m a week. Once the Morderna and J+J vaccine are approved we could be hitting 4-5m a week. J+J is a single jab that's easy to transport. Less effective than the 2 shot vaccines but you could use J+J for people under 50.

If 70% of the population is vaccinated (with 100% of at risk) where is the risk and danger? Sure I think borders should be heavily restricted till other countries catch up but I inside the UK we should be good 

Am I being way to unrealistic ?

Bring it on.....

A new forecast provided to the Guardian by the data analytics company Airfinity, based on the agreed vaccine supply deals and taking into account the latest developments in terms of delayed production, suggests that the UK will have achieved herd immunity by vaccinating 75% of the population by 14 July, closely followed by the US on 9 August. The EU will have to wait until 21 October.

EssYwE4XEAUerXG.jpg

Edited by Copperface

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

suggests that the UK will have achieved herd immunity by vaccinating 75% of the population by 14 July

Which, if used as the trigger for full-normal-restart, it makes the restart date as 4th August (3 weeks after last vaccination).

I think it's impossible to see the raving right tories being reigned back until then.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Which, if used as the trigger for full-normal-restart, it makes the restart date as 4th August (3 weeks after last vaccination).

I think it's impossible to see the raving right tories being reigned back until then.

i believe that report has the restart date as 14th July ( as in last vaccination 3 weeks before then)

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Seems sensible. But I've always thought that once we get past Phase 1/Groups 1-9 then things will be opened up. But not 'normality'. Most things OK except mass gatherings/large crowds/probably international travel and a few other things etc. They'll put up with that until August especially if the rest of the world are a bit behind, which will affect a great deal of what we do.

Edited by Copperface

9 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Bring it on.....

A new forecast provided to the Guardian by the data analytics company Airfinity, based on the agreed vaccine supply deals and taking into account the latest developments in terms of delayed production, suggests that the UK will have achieved herd immunity by vaccinating 75% of the population by 14 July, closely followed by the US on 9 August. The EU will have to wait until 21 October.

Australia is set even later at December 2021.

I thought Brexit was sold to us as the same opportunities as Australia?

Guys, according to you, with variants, and vaccination rythm, are you confident there will be huge festival as glastonbury, tomorrowland or UMF in summer 2022, with or without social distancing and masks ?

I know that a lot of people don't know, but i just wanted to have your feeling now.

Just now, xxialac said:

Australia is set even later at December 2021.

I thought Brexit was sold to us as the same opportunities as Australia?

That was the Australia style deal - which we didn't go for the end luckily......

2 minutes ago, 54cost said:

Guys, according to you, with variants, and vaccination rythm, are you confident there will be huge festival as glastonbury, tomorrowland or UMF in summer 2022, with or without social distancing and masks ?

I know that a lot of people don't know, but i just wanted to have your feeling now.

Welcome!

Id be more confident about day festivals than camping festivals in the summer. Potentially some festivals towards the later end but maybe not huge ones. 

5 minutes ago, 54cost said:

"I'm gonna say what any man with two penises would say, when his tailor asks him if he dresses right or left... Yes." - Slevin Kelevra

7 minutes ago, 54cost said:

2022 I think you should be fine! 

10 minutes ago, 54cost said:

I think more than likely at the moment, yes.

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

i believe that report has the restart date as 14th July ( as in last vaccination 3 weeks before then)

ooooh, I believe you could be right. It says "will have achieved herd immunity" by 14th July. Even better.

Still can't see the raving right tories being reigned back till then.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I would treat that survey with a pinch of salt as a great deal can change very quickly but the July date now also neatly dovetails with this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-lockdown/uk-extends-councils-lockdown-powers-until-july-17-telegraph-says-idUSKBN29S0PW

Edited by Copperface

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Id be more confident about day festivals than camping festivals in the summer.

camping was one the first things to be opened up last summer. 

And there's surely more risk from many more people-movements and between more people via day events than there is from multiday events.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

ooooh, I believe you could be right. It says "will have achieved herd immunity" by 14th July. Even better.

Still can't see the raving right tories being reigned back till then.

that will give them a end date for all (or most) restrictions though..so, gradually get schools, then shops, then pubs open etc etc...and by July everyone can go out and play, but you can't go abroad.