When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Just realised - if Johnson has said it will be put to MPs on the 22nd for a vote, that probably means a press conference 2-3 days prior for us to see it, that's generally been the way hasn't it?

Week of the 22nd. I imagine revealed on the 22nd, vote on the Weds

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ah thats a shame. Wonder if there is a specific reason for the drop off like supply.

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

There's been some challenging weather.

Just now, phimill said:

Yeah snow was bad Sunday which would have effected people getting out there on Monday.

Tomorrows data for Tuesday should be better!

Yeah considering the groups being vaccinated I imagine getting there will have been an issue for some, it's not just the snow days but the ice on the roads after and also I can't imagine the crazy rain for two days helped matters, with flooding in some areas. I wouldn't have driven in that for anything, so dangerous

10 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Just realised - if Johnson has said it will be put to MPs on the 22nd for a vote, that probably means a press conference 2-3 days prior for us to see it, that's generally been the way hasn't it?

He didn’t say it would be put to a vote. He said they would present the roadmap to the Commons on that date after recess. A vote would potentially come after that.

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah considering the groups being vaccinated I imagine getting there will have been an issue for some, it's not just the snow days but the ice on the roads after and also I can't imagine the crazy rain for two days helped matters, with flooding in some areas. I wouldn't have driven in that for anything, so dangerous

Youd hope theyd use the vaccines anyway with other groups though... But lets see the rest of the week. 

15 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yes, unless something goes badly wrong - new strain of the virus having significant vaccine resistance or such.

This is a pretty easy read and a good update of where we are with the various variants...I hadn't been paying as much attention as I should when I wondered about VoCs in the US...seems there's 3 they are keeping an eye on (on the surface, they look fairly similar to the others that we are watching)...

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Back to hating Boris .... why dont they pay people enough to stay at home ? surely in the long run it would have been cost effective ? I dont get this strategy ? 

Only thing I can think of is due to the number of people currently WFH, paying them extra to do it is not required in a many cases. For example, when I was struck down with Covid few weeks back I did my job the exact same as I have done since March. Also those currently on furlough it shouldn’t affect either. 

Although obviously many do not all into these categories and simply cannot get to their job if they test positive - these should definitely be financially supported if their work aren’t offering full sick pay. 

I just think they can’t be bothered introducing a system to work it out and paying those who actually need it, and at the same time don’t want to needlessly pay out to those who don’t. 

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One theory?

Seems a realistic theory. Plus snow I guess is a factor. There still remains a lot of unknowns regarding the numbers and defo seems to be a lag. See where we are by the end of the week.

The fact we are viewing 300k a day as underwhelming shows how far we have come. If someone had said we would be doing a peak of this amount per day a few weeks ago it would have been impressive imo.

Priti Patel up now.

When I see her trying to talk tough, I just think 'oo, you're 'ard!',

Brilliantly her statement provided no explanation as to how quarantine would work but there would be some details 'next week'.

She also wants airlines to check that people's reason to travel is valid. Because Easyjet staff are obviously the most qualified to assess whether someone is making up a reason to fly.

Edited by xxialac