When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

The only problem with that is that Pfizer/AZ et al. Would have needed to make 27 different approval submissions to 27 different health regulators in each individual EU country. Each one slightly different, so I suspect that would have taken even longer. 

That's interesting! As much as I hate to say it the current situation with vaccines really does seem to be exposing the problems with the beaurocracy of the E.U. 

There really isn't any good reason why the E.U. can't be distributing AZ vaccine now. Certainly not on safety grounds. It's winter at the peak of the pandemic wave. Every days delay costs lives.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Yes I would. An elderly person is still a human and if there is a chance their life can be saved then I would wait a bit longer for my vaccination. If it gives them a bit more time with their Grandkids then it’s most definitely worth it. 

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest load of virtue signalling bollocks I've read in this thread, and that's saying something

• Downvote 3

41 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

When I see things like this it actually drives home just how fucking weird life is right now, it’s like we’re actually living in a sci-fi movie with going out being illegal. 

The longer it goes on the more if this I think we will see - the younger folk who are to all intents and purposes at almost zero risk of dying from Covid will just get to the point where they think fuck it especially as more and more of the most at risk get jabbed. 

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The longer it goes on the more if this I think we will see - the younger folk who are to all intents and purposes at almost zero risk of dying from Covid will just get to the point where they think fuck it especially as more and more of the most at risk get jabbed. 

I agree, we saw an awful lot of it last summer as well, but you’d expect more and more of it as time goes on. This is why in a way, I’m surprised more effort hasn’t been put into getting events back on safely (somehow) as they’re going to happen to an extent anyway, but altogether in a far more risky way with no security etc. 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Yes I would. An elderly person is still a human and if there is a chance their life can be saved then I would wait a bit longer for my vaccination. If it gives them a bit more time with their Grandkids then it’s most definitely worth it. 

Up voted to counteract the ridiculous down vote this got.

Edited by km9
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

A few of my friends that are around my age have had their first jabs (40ish) in the last couple of days, they would be in the extremely clinically vulnerable category, and these were in different areas. They don't work in key worker positions either.

That's interesting to hear. One of my best mates is in that category, just under 40 and extremely vulnerable due to having chemo, so hopefully she'll get the call soon!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's interesting to hear. One of my best mates is in that category, just under 40 and extremely vulnerable due to having chemo, so hopefully she'll get the call soon!

One of my friends (40 this year) had his first jab yesterday. Was on the list due to having leukaemia as a child. I’m sure your friend will get their call imminently!

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

One of my friends (40 this year) had his first jab yesterday. Was on the list due to having leukaemia as a child. I’m sure your friend will get their call imminently!

Excellent news! Pleased for your friend too. I'm guessing it varies a bit by area, but assuming it will be soon then. Bloody hope so, I've been terrified about her getting covid all year so would be a huge relief for me - and her and her family, of course!