When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

33 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Surely they're redefining the use of the word "vaccine" here...this sounds like a treatment unless they expect us all to take that one as well...

It is a treatment, however, it's reprogramming the immune system, hence they call it a vaccine. Most of the cancer vaccines are the same, they will be treatments that redirect your own immune system to tackle the disease, rather than preventing it  in the first place (unless the cancer is caused by an infectious agent such as HPV, in which case, they really are vaccines in the sense we are used to using them). 

Edited by Toilet Duck
typos!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

So that is the big 4 now ... let’s see if it makes any difference or just causes more grief for shop workers 

F3CBF8F9-AA1E-4220-8CD9-072C871F9FC7.png

I suggested this back in July. It's not that complicated. Plenty of people can't go in shops or supermarkets for health reasons already. They have to make do with deliveries or having someone else do their shopping for them. The tiny number of people that have legit reasons for not wearing a mask can join them. 

Just now, DeanoL said:

I suggested this back in July. It's not that complicated. Plenty of people can't go in shops or supermarkets for health reasons already. They have to make do with deliveries or having someone else do their shopping for them. The tiny number of people that have legit reasons for not wearing a mask can join them. 

I agree ... any suggestions for staff ? 🙂 ..... all of a sudden I think they may be able to work 🙂 

On 1/11/2021 at 2:12 PM, northernringo said:

There was a little increase on Saturday to stop the streak but the figures announced on Sunday decreased the rate per 100,000 and today we have announced numbers below 1,000 for the first time since the Xmas period I think.

The 7 day rate per 100,000 is now down to 509.7, which is a significant drop from 664.7 last Monday.

Continues to look like we are through the post-Xmas peak and cases are falling. Hopefully this trend continues over the next weeks.

EDIT: I'm obviously only talking about NI here.

Still going in the right direction in terms of positive cases.

7 day rate dropped to 467.8/100k from 509.7 yesterday.

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also excited to see today's figures for what is really the first official daily total. Hoping for at least 250k!

Hey, did you see the 1pm news today? The Boris bike was the top story! Maybe you should get in touch with the BBC newsdesk and inform them that it's 'not headline news'!

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Hey, did you see the 1pm news today? The Boris bike was the top story! Maybe you should get in touch with the BBC newsdesk and inform them that it's 'not headline news'!

seems like it might be high up the list of questions on Todays briefing too 🙂