When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Have you been reading the news? It looks like Glasto and other events have promised mass testing, and various other measures to allow the event to go ahead and they can’t even get insurance or the government to align with their thinking.

The gov have quite clearly said that unless most of the population are vaccinated no glasto. Directly or indirectly. 

Why are you so angry? You’re snapping at everyone mate, I hope you are ok. 

On a more positive note my Sister in law and old school friend who work in the same hospital have both had their 1st jab last week!! I'm so relieved as know how stressed they have both been over this year and are currently worried sick of yet another round of increasing cases 😞 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Have you been reading the news? It looks like Glasto and other events have promised mass testing, and various other measures to allow the event to go ahead and they can’t even get insurance or the government to align with their thinking.

The gov have quite clearly said that unless most of the population are vaccinated no glasto. Directly or indirectly. 

I'm fully aware of that - it was more in reference to your opinions regarding the evacuation of London. 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeessshhh

Sounds ridiculous but technically her isolation would finish before they’re meant to go....

Did you read the one the other day about the wedding photographer in Texas that was halfway through a wedding when she realised the groom had tested positive a few days earlier? 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not sure where in the rules it says you can’t go to Disneyland AFTER your 10 days isolation ends. 

This is much furore over nothing. 

Again, this where accuracy is important.

The US CDC isolation advice remains at 14 days, not 10 as in the UK. 

Disneyland is closed, Disney World is open.

Just packed up the teepee in my daughter’s room to make way for the inevitable pile of God only knows what she’ll accumulate this week (especially from my crazy sisters)...had a little pang and a fond reminisce about the part of the festival I like least (packing up and going home!)...c’mon Oxford, hurry up and get us all vaccinated!!

• Upvote 1

How it started 

"You might have missed that Europe opened up before us? Borderless travel and all. And just this week, France loosened restrictions on social gatherings to 5000. So why you think foreign governments would impose tourism-crushing measures on us exclusively is a little lost on me. You've made quite the reach to say we'll be an international pariah by then."

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/234935-possibly-happening-in-september/?do=findComment&comment=5998031

How it's going

"A number of European countries have or are considering banning travel from the UK to prevent the spread of a more infectious variant of coronavirus.

Both the Netherlands and Belgium have suspended flights. Trains to Belgium have also been banned.

Germany is considering similar action."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55385768

And just in case anyone was getting too optimistic.

Jim McManus, the director of public health for Hertfordshire, said a "six month plan" for social distancing rules was needed.

Mr McManus, also the vice-president Association of Directors of Public Health, said a level of social distancing restrictions should be imposed longer term.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-55384753