When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

For the analogy to work the festival would’ve had to have told those people it was absolutely fine to piss in a bush, only to change their mind and tell them otherwise when it was too late to get to the toilet 

Actually using the toilet is spending christmas in London which was eminently doable and not too late.

So its more like if the festival announced that the rule change was going to be enforced by the days end and a subset of people decided to make the most of it by pissing as much as possible all over the land before the rule change.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Actually using the toilet is spending christmas in London which was eminently doable and not too late.

So its more like if the festival announced that the rule change was going to be enforced by the days end and a subset of people decided to make the most of it by pissing as much as possible all over the land before the rule change.

Yeah, I agree, I just think using a pissing on the land analogy needs to allow for the festival saying that’s absolutely fine and then changing their mind about it. We all know it’s our of order and there is no excuse for doing it, that might be slightly different if the festival has previously had no issue with it. The government went out of their way to hold a completely pointless press conference saying xmas rules wouldn’t be relaxed. It’s not like Xmas has always been cancelled and people have just randomly decided to ignore that, aka pissing on the land. 

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

And dont go sulking when the festival doesn’t go ahead because people can’t follow rules.  

I think we might see quite a bit of this type of thing. Some people in general will be loudly complaining about a January lockdown yet we’re happy to mix households and travel at Christmas.

The rules really are in place for a reason to curb the virus and to hopefully get us back to some form of normality soon.  

35 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Dyou know what, I don’t even think its that irresponsible if you’ve been isolating to get on a train and go home if the train would be fairly empty.

But for example, during the last month there have been occasions when I’ve gone out to buy food or booze and if the shops are too busy I’ve left it.

So whats bad about this is that folks went down to the train station, saw the queues, got on the train, saw how busy it was and stayed on it. How bad do things need to get before you realise its a bad idea? What if the guy sat next to you looks a bit peaky and has an intermittent cough - do you get off then?

At the moment that I saw the queues I think I’d give my ma a video call, show her the queues and say, look lets just do a mega zoom xmas day marathon instead.

or just get the train this morning.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Well it seems like whether the festival goes ahead lies in the vaccination rate. Not whether people are following all the rules in the lockdown book.

id agree .... but lives are far more important and that can be changed by people sticking to the rules .... however late they are / were and however much we hate this Government 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Top quality trolling. 

Have you been reading the news? It looks like Glasto and other events have promised mass testing, and various other measures to allow the event to go ahead and they can’t even get insurance or the government to align with their thinking.

The gov have quite clearly said that unless most of the population are vaccinated no glasto. Directly or indirectly. 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

At the risk of getting downvoted...I’m sticking to my Christmas plans.

In Scotland we’ve only to mix on the 25th, same as those in Tiers 1-3 in England. However, I plan to go home on the 23rd and return on the 26th. I’ve barely seen my mum this year and I think it’s really starting to affect her mental health now, as much as she won’t say it is, as much as my own. 

I know I’m not alone in this and plenty will be in the same position and still sticking to the rules but being home for Christmas is the one thing I’ve been clinging onto for months and I just can’t give it up. I barely leave my flat so I do feel the risk is minimal, however I know there will be plenty that will disagree with me. 

I’m sure many will brand me selfish, some may agree with me, but it’s just what I feel I need to do. 

Nah, I hear you. I'm in a very similar situation. We decided months ago that xmas wasn't happening this year so at least there's been no big disappointment. Had I been planning to go, I'd probably still be going. I'd not be able to let her down like that when I know she's not doing great.

edit: Scotland also, both tier 3 areas currently.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Is this the actual case or just another unenforcable advisory measure 

Sorry if I've not understood the rules properly, but couldn't they just travel back in when they're going back to work? Travelling for work is essential travel no?