When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

how many dogs do we need to train /breed for 57million people ? .... Im pretty sure we heard of this early on .. it must have come back in a loop :) ..... In other news Bearded Theory has just gone .... but lots of news around crowds coming back to sporting events ... 

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep that definitely has to be part of the decision process ... if someone went for a 2 week holiday and then spent 2 weeks isolating .... thats probably most of peoples holiday allowance for the year .... I need to spread mine out to remain sane !!

Yeah, it's not so bad if you can WFH during your quarantine, but not really an option if you'd need 4 weeks off.

Thing is a lot of office-based people can easily quarantine if working from home so not a huge issue. I'm not going away, but if I was it would be easy for me to order some food in and hunker down for two weeks. I barely go anywhere now, just wouldn't be able to go for walks!

Someone from my work is off to Spain shortly. I personally think it's a bit mad but I understand very much the desire to go away.

I have two family members who might be affected by the quarantine rules. My aunt who now lives in Spain is due back in a couple of weeks to spend a month with my mum. Currently she doesn't have to quarantine obviously. My sister on the other hand lives in Sri Lanka, which has had very low case numbers and a very tough response to it, and she will have to quarantine.

The quarantine decisions for various countries seem more motivated by economics and politics (shocker). I'd be amazed if they brought one back in for Spain. Could see Spain putting one in for us though...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess it’s about making personal assessments as to wether you deem a holiday and the aspects relating to it a greater risk than what you might do in day to day life ... someone on here had just returned from a different Ibiza holiday and enjoyed it and remained safe ... so it’s a choice ... like visiting the gym ... we all have to asses normal things in different ways ... not a choice I’d make ... yet 

I’ve just booked a holiday for September. 8 days in a nice 5* resort with my mate. I’m single and I’m working from home until the end of the year at least so can isolate on my return.

I don’t see any more risk than things other people are doing and I’ve stuck to all the guidance the whole way through this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I’ve just booked a holiday for September. 8 days in a nice 5* resort with my mate. I’m single and I’m working from home until the end of the year at least so can isolate on my return.

I don’t see any more risk than things other people are doing and I’ve stuck to all the guidance the whole way through this. 

enjoy ... where are you going ? how are the prices impacted ? 

Agreed about the holiday thing. If going to a country lower risk than the UK (at the time), I see no issue with it.

Im looking at a week in germany in September. I would be able to quarantine when I get back. All I’m doing at home at the moment is sitting around, barely seeing friends or family, I’m not going out and doing stuff like a lot of people are.

The things I would do on holiday e.g restaurants etc in my personal opinion are no riskier than going out in this country, especially if a country has lower coronavirus rates. Plus, somewhere like germany is much stricter with face mask rules which makes me feel a lot safer.

I think it’s all down to personal judgement, as long as we are all sticking to the guidelines and playing our part in stopping the spread by social distance, masks and hand hygiene then I don’t have any issues. I would argue a vacation to a country with lower covid rates is safer than a staycation, I also have more confidence in visiting somewhere like Italy or Germany where masks are required in all public indoor spaces, and people are used to wearing them in those countries by now.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess it’s about making personal assessments as to wether you deem a holiday and the aspects relating to it a greater risk than what you might do in day to day life ... someone on here had just returned from a different Ibiza holiday and enjoyed it and remained safe ... so it’s a choice ... like visiting the gym ... we all have to asses normal things in different ways ... not a choice I’d make ... yet 

If the govt allows it, its fine for people to make that decision. I feel acting otherwise puts the blame on the individual unnecessarily 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If the govt allows it, its fine for people to make that decision. I feel acting otherwise puts the blame on the individual unnecessarily 

yes absolutely ... I became probably a bit  over judgemental during lockdown and ive no intention for that to stay .... its peoples rights to make the decision that suits them ... in terms of allowed activity 

Humm didn’t know spain was going bad again.

im off there in a few weeks, was originally an Easter holiday but got pushed back due to Covid. However I have a hire car, private villa with private pool so hoping I just have to be extra careful on the plane and once I’m there i can stay relatively safe.

cant move it again now and can’t afford to lose it so going to take the risk and try and be as sensible as possible.

also WFH so quarantine when back would be no problem at all

Edited by morph100

From the telegraph: 

“And the Transport Secretary has hinted that the Government may extend mandatory face masks measures to include all "enclosed public spaces", with the exception of pubs, cafes and restaurants”.

So it is possible that further face mask rules will come into place for museums, libraries, arcades etc, but at the pace we move at I imagine it won’t be until end of august/ beginning of September.

The next stage of lockdown easing won’t apply to Blackburn and Luton and if cases continue to rise in these locations they could be facing some lockdown restrictions from the coming Monday.

10 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

I would argue a vacation to a country with lower covid rates is safer than a staycation, I also have more confidence in visiting somewhere like Italy or Germany where masks are required in all public indoor spaces, and people are used to wearing them in those countries by now.

Not for the residents of the lower risk country.

15 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Yet it does in England, good old Government Guidlines out less than 24 hours till it's law... giving organisations so much time to prepare signage, acquire masks etc 🙄

there's a noticable omission from the mask-indoors rules.

Hmmmm, i wonder what Spaffer has arranged for sometime this summer.....?

10 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

From the telegraph: 

“And the Transport Secretary has hinted that the Government may extend mandatory face masks measures to include all "enclosed public spaces", with the exception of pubs, cafes and restaurants”.

So it is possible that further face mask rules will come into place for museums, libraries, arcades etc, but at the pace we move at I imagine it won’t be until after Spaffer's wedding end of august/ beginning of September.

corrected for you.