When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

46 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Arcades seem like a really bad idea to be opening at all given they're all about touching things other people have been touching.

Have to admit one of the things I'm most surprised to see back is a mud run! Sounds completely bizarre 

https://nuclear-races.co.uk/event/blast-covid19/

Wow ... I’m not so sure on that either ... my sister and husband did one of those on her wedding day in her dress with the bridal party running with her ... and my 70year old dad ... I opted for looking after my nieces and nephews ... the easier option I think 

So, they've announced that over 50's should now have a flu jab. Not sure how I feel about this - I'm 55, never had a flu jab before, don't think I've had flu in the last 10 years (just the occasional winter cold) & I work from home, only go out a couple of times a week to the shops & always wear a mask when I do. I'm basically healthy and I've never even considered having the jab before.

What do others think? Anyone else in the same boat?

Ok so reporting back from my 6 hour shift on the frontline today (shop ) customers ... I only saw 3 without facemasks and I probably easily saw 300+ people .... so that kind of usage is massively encouraging .... :) we have been asked to wear facemasks as colleagues and probably today we had 60% wearing them ... I really find it hard with people I work with knowing that I’m vulnerable and deciding somehow it’s not for them ... one I asked today said he tested negative last week and he wouldn’t wear them until they became mandatory ... a school teacher would you believe :( .... that was such a tough shift for me ... really high emotion with people I’ve known for a very long time doing what ultimately seemed like sticking 2 fingers up at me :( 

5 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

So, they've announced that over 50's should now have a flu jab. Not sure how I feel about this - I'm 55, never had a flu jab before, don't think I've had flu in the last 10 years (just the occasional winter cold) & I work from home, only go out a couple of times a week to the shops & always wear a mask when I do. I'm basically healthy and I've never even considered having the jab before.

I mentioned this a few weeks back ... it’s all part of preventing people filling the nhs beds this winter wether it be from covid or flu ... please take the option if supplies are available but try and take a later slot to prevent those that need it for definate from missing out because they run out of vaccine 

5 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not in the same boat but you sound like a very low risk person and you would think the social distancing/masks will also have a beneficial impact on flu levels. Totally a personal decision if you want to have it or not but don't feel guilty if you choose not to.

Just been shopping in the town center, loads of people not wearing masks! Lady supervising line for John Lewis told an unmasked customer “it’s okay no one will do anything” to the customer and let them in. Complaint made to store manager

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok so reporting back from my 6 hour shift on the frontline today (shop ) customers ... I only saw 3 without facemasks and I probably easily saw 300+ people .... so that kind of usage is massively encouraging .... :) we have been asked to wear facemasks as colleagues and probably today we had 60% wearing them ... I really find it hard with people I work with knowing that I’m vulnerable and deciding somehow it’s not for them ... one I asked today said he tested negative last week and he wouldn’t wear them until they became mandatory ... a school teacher would you believe :( .... that was such a tough shift for me ... really high emotion with people I’ve known for a very long time doing what ultimately seemed like sticking 2 fingers up at me :( 

Really sorry you feel like this mate.

I think it’s best you voice out to your manager. If you are vulnerable and you aren’t being protected in every way possible you either should be furloughed or they need to make a safer environment ie. make masks compulsory for all colleagues in your store. Voicing out is the only way for change.

4 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Just been shopping in the town center, loads of people not wearing masks! Lady supervising line for John Lewis told an unmasked customer “it’s okay no one will do anything” to the customer and let them in. Complaint made to store manager

This is awful. Glad you made a complaint to the store manager as this is unacceptable. Can’t believe so many people think they are that entitled that they don’t have to comply with the law. There’s always going to be medical exemptions but if it’s a high volume of people then most of them probably just think they can get away with it without a fine. We need to get tougher on this.  

Edited by FestivalJamie

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Really sorry you feel like this mate.

I think it’s best you voice out to your manager. If you are vulnerable and you aren’t being protected in every way possible you either should be furloughed or they need to make a safer environment ie. make masks compulsory for all colleagues in your store. Voicing out is the only way for change.

Initially I’m going to take a positive approach and write a card thanking the colleagues that have worn them on behalf of myself and vulnerable colleagues and how much it’s appreciated ... a bit of reverse physiology might make some of the others open their eyes a little ... it will get pinned by the clicking in machine for all to see 

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I will say though @crazyfool1 only 3 out of 300 not wearing is very good, that’s 99% compliance, which is higher than I was expecting! (I was expecting 85-90%).

Even some of the kids were wearing some that were under the required age .. that made me smile 😊 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Even some of the kids were wearing some that were under the required age .. that made me smile 😊 

Isn't the required age what it is because kids under that age are still developing their immune systems?  Or have I made that up?  Thought I'd read that on here somewhere

14 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Jesus, I would have asked if shoplifting was also allowed today or if it was just the mask rules which are out of the window?

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Isn't the required age what it is because kids under that age are still developing their immune systems?  Or have I made that up?  Thought I'd read that on here somewhere

The proportion of time spent in shops Over a week I wouldnt imagine won’t have any impact on immune systems ?  

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

The proportion of time spent in shops Over a week I wouldnt imagine won’t have any impact on immune systems ?  

Why the rule then, is it because they might fiddle with them too much etc?  Or because they don't tend to get it as bad?

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Jesus, I would have asked if shoplifting was also allowed today or if it was just the mask rules which are out of the window?

Haha, it really annoyed me! You would think a store like John Lewis would be all over it

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Why the rule then, is it because they might fiddle with them too much etc?  Or because they don't tend to get it as bad?

Because it would be a nightmare making it mandatory for kids to wear them ... when we can’t even get some grown adults do it . There needs to be a cut off somewhere 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Because it would be a nightmare making it mandatory for kids to wear them ... when we can’t even get some grown adults do it . There needs to be a cut off somewhere 

True.

So when might mask wearing be relaxed, at what kind of infection levels?  The way I see it, Glastonbury won't be going ahead whilever mandatory masks are deemed necessary.  We are talking here about more mask rules coming in in the future, maybe not until the winter...so I imagine they wouldn't be relaxed until well into the new year at the very earliest.  Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't bode well?

Just now, Cream Soda said:

True.

So when might mask wearing be relaxed, at what kind of infection levels?  The way I see it, Glastonbury won't be going ahead whilever mandatory masks are deemed necessary.  We are talking here about more mask rules coming in in the future, maybe not until the winter...so I imagine they wouldn't be relaxed until well into the new year at the very earliest.  Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't bode well?

Won't be mandatory outdoors