When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I emailed my MP again this morning after doing so yesterday. This is what I sent this morning (with some personal detailed left our):

‘Dear Dr Caroline Johnson, 

I wrote to you yesterday to outline my disgust at the entire situation regarding Dominic Cummings and the backing he received from the Prime Minister. Thank you for not replying to me, it has made me feel very valued indeed. 

Since then, Mr Cummings has gone on to explain his actions in the most convoluted and shoddy manner. However, one extremely important detail emerged; that he got into his car with his wife and, most shockingly, four year old child, to go for a drive (a 60 mile drive, in total) to test his eyesight as he was having issues seeing clearly. 

So my question to you is; would you personally go for a 60 mile drive if you knew your eyesight was impaired? And also, would you advise me, a resident of your constituency in [Lincolnshire market town], and others who live in the [Lincolnshire market town] area, to get into our cars and go for a drive if our eyesights were impaired? 

I would like to think not, as I’m sure you can see that having multiple people on the roads of our quiet little town with impaired vision could lead to some terribly unfortunate situations. 

As my local MP, I look forward to hearing your advice on this matter, as it will be hugely important to know whether all conservative MPs support driving whilst visually impaired (with a four year old child on board, at that) or if it is just our dear Prime Minister and his friends Mr Cummings and Mr Gove who think that this is a perfectly normal thing to do. 

Yours faithfully, 

Andre91’

Ha this is brilliant "Thank you for not replying to me, it has made me feel very valued indeed." :D

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Have some saying on twitter that the best way for tories to unite behind Johnson/Cummings is for the oppostion to be outright calling for his resignation...maybe best policy at moment is to stay quiet and let the tories tear themselves apart.

Sometimes the best course of action is to simply to do nothing at all. 

I think what's offended me most about this saga is that his reasons/excuses were all about him and his family. The rest of us have been staying home and making big sacrifices with increasingly poor mental health for the good of the wider community. The (excessive and excruciating) details he gave only underlined that time and again he took no social responsibility. An still doesn't.

And that's why I'm angry.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well done Douglas Ross. I dont support his party but at least he has shown a bit of integrity here.

This goes a lot further that just a few drives. Serious mistakes were made in the early stages of this outbreak. We live in a developed country with an excellent health service. The predictions were that we would have 20000 deaths. It’s already double that and still rising. The dithering and delay in imposing a lockdown has contributed to this. That was a government decision and obviously Cummings will have been heavily involved in this. He seems to wield so much power and influence over Johnson, more than any cabinet minister. Maybe that’s the mistakes he was referring to in his pathetic attempt to save his skin. He has to go. 

Just seen a report that by locking down a week earlier could have saved thousands of lives.  OK it’s just one report but it’s becoming more and more evident that huge mistakes were made. We saw what was happening in Italy and still dithered. This scandal will dwarf the Cummings debacle. 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just seen a report that by locking down a week earlier could have saved thousands of lives.  OK it’s just one report but it’s becoming more and more evident that huge mistakes were made. We saw what was happening in Italy and still dithered. This scandal will dwarf the Cummings debacle. 

It already should be though. Our media are pants. If the other side had won the election they'd have been calling for heads weeks ago.

Keep sending those emails! I also treated my MP to a further follow-up email after yesterday's circus: 

Good Evening Mr Smith, 

I am aware that this is now the second time that I have written to you in 24 hours, but frankly I have never seen such an outrageous political pantomime in my lifetime, orchestrated by your Government.

Mr Cummings today showed no remorse or regrets for his actions, no empathy for people across the country who have made monumental sacrifices and left yet more questions unanswered. Would "any parent" take their child on a 40 minute "test drive" when they are concerned about their eyesight? It's frankly ludicrous that Mr Cummings expects the British public to believe this, and an insult to parents across the country. 

I, and millions across the country, are sick to death of Mr Cummings and the rest of the Government blaming the media and the general public for their own mistakes and contempt for the rest of us.  

I have never written to an MP until this week - but I am absolutely furious that YOUR party treats us with such contempt. How dare Mr Cummings blame the public and the media for his own selfishness and inability to adhere to rules that he composed, to SAVE LIVES. If more and more people defy social distancing and lockdown measures, then your party, Government and Prime Minister only have themselves to blame for the ensuing public health crisis. I can only assume that Mr Johnson and the rest of the Government believe that Mr Cummings is more worthy of time and care than the rest of the British population.

I will hold back my disgust and ensure that this is the last time I contact you until you reply to my emails - but I still expect a full acknowledgement of these severe concerns and details of how you will ensure that the people of our constituency are not treated as the fools and idiots that Mr Cummings and Mr Johnson appear to believe that we and the rest of the British public are. 

Do I expect a thorough reply? That remains to be seen, but I believe it is important that representatives like you are aware of how absolutely furious people are with this entire mess, and know of little other options than to express this to you via contact.

2 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Keep sending those emails! I also treated my MP to a further follow-up email after yesterday's circus: 

Good Evening Mr Smith, 

I am aware that this is now the second time that I have written to you in 24 hours, but frankly I have never seen such an outrageous political pantomime in my lifetime, orchestrated by your Government.

Mr Cummings today showed no remorse or regrets for his actions, no empathy for people across the country who have made monumental sacrifices and left yet more questions unanswered. Would "any parent" take their child on a 40 minute "test drive" when they are concerned about their eyesight? It's frankly ludicrous that Mr Cummings expects the British public to believe this, and an insult to parents across the country. 

I, and millions across the country, are sick to death of Mr Cummings and the rest of the Government blaming the media and the general public for their own mistakes and contempt for the rest of us.  

I have never written to an MP until this week - but I am absolutely furious that YOUR party treats us with such contempt. How dare Mr Cummings blame the public and the media for his own selfishness and inability to adhere to rules that he composed, to SAVE LIVES. If more and more people defy social distancing and lockdown measures, then your party, Government and Prime Minister only have themselves to blame for the ensuing public health crisis. I can only assume that Mr Johnson and the rest of the Government believe that Mr Cummings is more worthy of time and care than the rest of the British population.

I will hold back my disgust and ensure that this is the last time I contact you until you reply to my emails - but I still expect a full acknowledgement of these severe concerns and details of how you will ensure that the people of our constituency are not treated as the fools and idiots that Mr Cummings and Mr Johnson appear to believe that we and the rest of the British public are. 

Do I expect a thorough reply? That remains to be seen, but I believe it is important that representatives like you are aware of how absolutely furious people are with this entire mess, and know of little other options than to express this to you via contact.

This is fantastic too. Good work guys! 

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

23 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

It already should be though. Our media are pants. If the other side had won the election they'd have been calling for heads weeks ago.

I think this is why the Cummings thing is actually good for the government- it takes away from that report. 

Now we're giving the public something they want (shops!! So they can spend all the money they don't have on things they don't need again), that report will never be talked about. 

Forgetting that we'll open up without masks and most likely a very poor attempt at tracing...they'll need another convenient scandal in around 6 few weeks then placate people with pubs

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

I can't get upset about this. The worm is beneath my contempt.

What I do get upset about is that in 4 years time the same people who voted in this vile government will do so again. They'll clap on Thursday nights, and vote for public sector pay freezes. Cognitive polyphasia at its raw best.

We need public figures to put these worms (sorry, being very rude to worms here, mosquitoes are a better thing to compare), we need them to extinguish these mosquito's voice, to treat them with the contempt the deserve. Not try to argue, that's pointless, just dismiss them as beneath their consideration for being so effing vile.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Go on, I’ll bite. I’m certainly not deluded and I see no evidence of this. So, please point me in the direction of it as it’s fairly easy to make this claim, yet pretty difficult to prove. I’ve looked at the molecular structure of this virus myself (and I understand what I’m looking at) and evidence of engineering is absent. Perhaps you can show me your research that proves otherwise? 

Luc Montagnier the first guy to isolate the AIDS virus and Nobel prize winner says it's manipulated and there was a new report last week that indicated  the same,

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/australian-researchers-see-virus-design-manipulati/

report, https://arxiv.org/pdf/2005.06199.pdf

Here's Luc explaining in an interview,

Which is the more likely scenario, a release from a lab or the natural occurrence of a type of virus a lab was working on only a few hundred yards away from a bio lab? All this after warnings for years about the dangers of an accidental release. The gain of function research was banned for a few years in America because of the dangers, that is when the research was offshored to China. The Wuhan lab was in part funded by the US. All of this information is readily available not conspiracy "theory" people who want to ignore the facts are deluded IMO.

Daily Mail comments on the piece about the Ministerial resignation still overwhelmingly negative.

They really haven't grasped this at all. It's elite vs commoners, and that's one thing certain to rile up a huge chunk of their voters. They really don't get how it's NOT a political issue. It's hilarious to see them continually misread this situation, and sending Gove out to waffle about how bad he is at driving is not helping in the slightest.

He should’ve come clean to somebody within Government from the start, explained the situation and asked for a test for both him and his wife. There is no way in hell anybody from government would’ve advised him to travel to his parents, they would’ve arranged standby childcare for them and told them to stay at home.

But instead he decided he thinks knows best, try’s to use some vague loophole and then when found out try’s to style it out by suggesting it was a well known part of the rules all along. 

30 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Luc Montagnier the first guy to isolate the AIDS virus and Nobel prize winner says it's manipulated and there was a new report last week that indicated  the same,

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/australian-researchers-see-virus-design-manipulati/

report, https://arxiv.org/pdf/2005.06199.pdf

Here's Luc explaining in an interview,

Which is the more likely scenario, a release from a lab or the natural occurrence of a type of virus a lab was working on only a few hundred yards away from a bio lab? All this after warnings for years about the dangers of an accidental release. The gain of function research was banned for a few years in America because of the dangers, that is when the research was offshored to China. The Wuhan lab was in part funded by the US. All of this information is readily available not conspiracy "theory" people who want to ignore the facts are deluded IMO.

As it happens, I've met Luc (nice bloke, more genuine than Bob Gallo who I also met!). Unfortunately, it's still its an opinion and the facts that you seem to think are sacred are not shown (you posted clip to another professor showing facts, but these were cherry-picked to illustrate a point and ignored all the other facts pointing the other way, from exactly the same paper quoted). The pre-print you've referenced also doesn't prove anything (though they do speculate...if I was reviewing it, the speculation would be removed prior to publication as it isn't supported by the data presented). The Nature paper describing the virus (which has been peer reviewed and pored over by virologists and molecular biologists the world over) also addressed the question, but provides key facts as to why it is unlikely that it was engineered (not just the RNA sequence, but the types of post-translational modifications evident that could only have occurred via evolution in an organism with an immune system). Until I see that level of evidence (published in one of the top journals in the world; NatureCell or Science please) irrefutably proving human manipulation, then I'll stick to what has been proven so far rather than speculating. I'm not naive enough to think we know everything, of course we don't. I also don't doubt that human interference at some level has contributed to this (and it's entirely possible that it came out of a lab through a leak, I've worked in many, all over the world and some have better protocols than others). What I will say is that if it turns out that is was engineered (and so far the evidence doesn't support this), then it is one of the most sophisticated pieces of genetic engineering I've ever seen, with a massive amount of work put in to engineer useless changes to make it seem random (and Occam's razor suggests that the simplest explanation, i.e. they are random, is most likely to be true). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

As it happens, I've met Luc (nice bloke, more genuine than Bob Gallo who I also met!). Unfortunately, it's still its an opinion and the facts that you seem to think are sacred are not shown (you posted clip to another professor showing facts, but these were cherry-picked to illustrate a point and ignored all the other facts pointing the other way, from exactly the same paper quoted). The pre-print you've referenced also doesn't prove anything (though they do speculate...if I was reviewing it, the speculation would be removed prior to publication as it isn't supported by the data presented). The Nature paper describing the virus (which has been peer reviewed and pored over by virologists and molecular biologists the world over) also addressed the question, but provides key facts as to why it is unlikely that it was engineered (not just the RNA sequence, but the types of post-translational modifications evident that could only have occurred via evolution in an organism with an immune system). Until I see that level of evidence (published in one of the top journals in the world; NatureCell or Science please) irrefutably proving human manipulation, then I'll stick to what has been proven so far rather than speculating. I'm not naive enough to think we know everything, of course we don't. I also don't doubt that human interference at some level has contributed to this (and it's entirely possible that it came out of a lab through a leak, I've worked in many, all over the world and some have better protocols than others). What I will say is that if it turns out that is was engineered (and so far the evidence doesn't support this), then it is one of the most sophisticated pieces of genetic engineering I've ever seen, with a massive amount of work put in to engineer useless changes to make it seem random (and Occam's razor suggests that the simplest explanation, i.e. they are random, is most likely to be true). 

You’ve missed the memo mate we’re sick of experts so do one 😉