Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds...

gooner1990

Agreed with my mate that I've made my peace with the fact that I'll be watching Macca this time... but we can't do a Macca/NG double. Even if I go as hard as I expect I will on the Fri night, that is just too insipid a pairing for Sat night.

Was gonna ponder over whether he might switch up the Oasis songs he plays, but tbh he doesn’t exactly have a great catalogue of songs that he took lead vocals on. Considering he was the main songwriter he didn’t half like to just take the plodders for himself and left the bangers for Liam.

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was gonna ponder over whether he might switch up the Oasis songs he plays, but tbh he doesn’t exactly have a great catalogue of songs that he took lead vocals on. Considering he was the main songwriter he didn’t half like to just take the plodders for himself and left the bangers for Liam.

He said on Matt Morgan's podcast that he'd planned a set with more Oasis songs for Glastonbury 2020, not sure if that will still be the case.

8 minutes ago, ceetee said:

He said on Matt Morgan's podcast that he'd planned a set with more Oasis songs for Glastonbury 2020, not sure if that will still be the case.

Ah really? That’s interesting. He hasn’t released anything since so I’d imagine he’s probably gonna stick with more or less the same plan he had in ‘20 so fingers crossed. I imagine it’ll be about a 50/50 split between Oasis and his own stuff.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah really? That’s interesting. He hasn’t released anything since so I’d imagine he’s probably gonna stick with more or less the same plan he had in ‘20 so fingers crossed. I imagine it’ll be about a 50/50 split between Oasis and his own stuff.

They released the best of album, which surprised him how popular it was - that's the only thing that might have changed his mind on the split of solo/Oasis stuff.

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Am I the only one who, given it's a bank holiday and the worrying news from Paul Arthurs, has has Bonehead's Bank Holiday going round my head for days?

I like that song.

On that song I got the vinyl remaster of what's the story recently and that's appeared on it. I have no idea why. Of all the b sides of that time...

Edited by efcfanwirral

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

On that song I got the vinyl remaster of what's the story recently and that's appeared on it. I have no idea why. Of all the b sides of that time...

It wasn’t a b-side. It was actually conceived for the album.

Step Out was also meant to originally be on WTS but Stevie Wonder threatened to sue.

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It wasn’t a b-side. It was actually conceived for the album.

Step Out was also meant to originally be on WTS but Stevie Wonder threatened to sue.

Yeah, I thought it was a B-side, but it was only ever* released as a bonus track for the vinyl edition. So it's inclusion with the remaster is nothing new - that was the only place to get it back in the day.

*Edit: ever isn't quite right, since it's now on Spotify and presumably has been available elsewhere for a while.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

In terms of the major slots the stuff we know for an absolute fact:

Pyramid headliners

DiRo legend

Simz headlining a night at WH but no idea which.

Foals Friday Other headliner (Neil info)

Noel subbing Macca and HAIM third (The Sun)

Everything else is up for grabs, right? There have been a few self confirms on stages and days too.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Pyramid headliners

DiRo legend

Everything else is up for grabs, right? There have been a few self confirms on stages and days too.

This should have been on the What Day? thread.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Pyramid headliners

DiRo legend

Bicep Sunday WH - confirmed by them

PSB Other (day confirmed as Sunday but not certain?)

Not sure why Noel gets so much stick on here. Comfortably one of the best songwriters of a generation. 

really looking forward to seeing him on the pyramid. He will do at least half a dozen Oasis songs and he said he will do more at Glasto, and hoping for plenty off his first two albums as well. 

Granted he seemed to lose his way musically but he was trying something different which you can’t knock him for. 

He will get one hell of a crowd and it’ll be a great singalong for an hour or so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching a lot of All4 recently and I'd just like to say I'm glad there's little chance of NGHFB doing Stand By Me this year (given that it's more of a Liam track).

I used to quite like that song. Heard it to death now. Fuck you The Halifax for giving me that earworm multiple times recently.

Selling your songs to a bank? How very Rock'n'Roll.

(Is it a cover version on the ad? Sounds a bit off to me).

16 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Been watching a lot of All4 recently and I'd just like to say I'm glad there's little chance of NGHFB doing Stand By Me this year (given that it's more of a Liam track).

I used to quite like that song. Heard it to death now. Fuck you The Halifax for giving me that earworm multiple times recently.

It's an acoustic version. Recorded at Bonehead's. Think it's available on the Be Here Now deluxe remastered edition. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

They aren't the only megastars who disappointingly sell their souls.

Totally agree it's fucking grating. A superb track ruined. 

If NG plays it however, he'd do it justice. Like every Oasis track on the Live At The BBC gig. Outrageous.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

If NG plays it however, he'd do it justice. Like every Oasis track on the Live At The BBC gig. Outrageous.

Is that the radio 2 one on YouTube? Never actually seen it before but that looks  brilliant I’ll listen to that soon.

I think that’s when Noel is at his best, just him and an acoustic guitar. That set list is off the scale good