2021 Headliners

1 hour ago, Baggins7 said:

Love the idea! Are you doing it based on first listen or giving each one a few spins? How far have you got with the first list?

I was surprised with the amount the list has changed, I'd imagine that's down to a different pool of voters but still thought there would be a lot more crossover

The score I give it is a very rough one based on a first spin!

Started at 100 and have worked my way down to 73 just. At the beginning I was doing 2/3 a day but slowed down now (have too much work on these days and I want to actually listen to the albums if you know what I mean).

My current highest rated albums are:

1= Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul - Otis Redding 
1= Axis: Bold as Love - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
3 Dusty in Memphis - Dusty Springfield

My lowest rated one is The Wall by Pink Floyd, just wasn't for me!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delejayn said:

So will they announce this on the usual timeline or will it be adjusted like coming soon? 

Also the chance of Kendrick returning is what at the moment?

thanks 

More than likely on the usual timeline. They’re in no rush and I doubt they want a repeat of this year in announcing it all and then possibly cancelling again. I’m sure they’ll leave it as late as possible.

Kendrick looking like a pretty good bet at the moment now that he’s announced a European festival the same week as Glastonbury.

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I doubt they want a repeat of this year in announcing it all and then possibly cancelling again

I think they'll want to announce something even if they do have to cancel again, for similar reasons to why they announced this time when it seemed almost certain they'd have to pull the plug.

It's the only validation of their work for all they'll have put in, and by doing 'this is what you would have had' they demonstrate Glasto as a festival still worth attending (when it's able to happen).

They might as well get the personal and business benefits (even tho they're small) from a bad situation outside of their control.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I think they'll want to announce something even if they do have to cancel again, for similar reasons to why they announced this time when it seemed almost certain they'd have to pull the plug.

It's the only validation of their work for all they'll have put in, and by doing 'this is what you would have had' they demonstrate Glasto as a festival still worth attending (when it's able to happen).

They might as well get the personal and business benefits (even tho they're small) from a bad situation outside of their control.

Wanted to cop this in here for your opinion from a friends Facebook post. The person I know is a Film/TV Composer Agent.

I don’t know if audience’s really understand how dire the situation is for millions of hard-working professionals.
Broadway is closed until 2021, 6 West End venues THINK they can open at the moment. Cirque du Soleil is filing for bankruptcy and cut 3500+ jobs. Feld Entertainment laid off 90% of its workforce permanently. Live Nation had to lay off a significant amount of employees. Cruise ship entertainers are out of work and theme park productions have no idea when they will be recalled. There are no concerts, festivals or touring productions scheduled until 2021 and if they don’t happen next year, they may never happen again. No Jazz Fest, no Coachella, no Bonnaroo, no EDC, no Glastonbury, no Download, no ROLLING STONES FINAL TOUR(S), no ballet, no opera....all gone.
It’s being predicted that 90% of independent music venues may close, the longer this continues.
Performing arts and music organisations of all kinds- choirs, theatres, orchestras, dance companies , festivals, music venues, not to mention all the technical suppliers and freelancers - all are trying to figure out on a daily basis how to keep going and employ anyone they can in the field.
More than 12,000,000 people work in entertainment production, we are not insignificant and this industry cannot reopen until mass gatherings can happen again.
This doesn’t include the additional layoff of venue management and bar staff, security and thousands of vendors.
So when you see your entertainment friends begging you to wear masks and stay home, understand that we are helplessly watching our industry crumble before our eyes because the country is doing so poorly at reducing the spread. This IS personal for us, our entire livelihood is dependent on social gathering and we will not accept being labeled “nonessential”.
Music and art are critical to a cheerful, balanced society.
Everyone’s career and the whole industry is indefinitely on hold. PLEASE wear your mask (over your mouth AND your nose) and wash your hands.
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Wanted to cop this in here for your opinion from a friends Facebook post. The person I know is a Film/TV Composer Agent.

I don’t know if audience’s really understand how dire the situation is for millions of hard-working professionals.
Broadway is closed until 2021, 6 West End venues THINK they can open at the moment. Cirque du Soleil is filing for bankruptcy and cut 3500+ jobs. Feld Entertainment laid off 90% of its workforce permanently. Live Nation had to lay off a significant amount of employees. Cruise ship entertainers are out of work and theme park productions have no idea when they will be recalled. There are no concerts, festivals or touring productions scheduled until 2021 and if they don’t happen next year, they may never happen again. No Jazz Fest, no Coachella, no Bonnaroo, no EDC, no Glastonbury, no Download, no ROLLING STONES FINAL TOUR(S), no ballet, no opera....all gone.
It’s being predicted that 90% of independent music venues may close, the longer this continues.
Performing arts and music organisations of all kinds- choirs, theatres, orchestras, dance companies , festivals, music venues, not to mention all the technical suppliers and freelancers - all are trying to figure out on a daily basis how to keep going and employ anyone they can in the field.
More than 12,000,000 people work in entertainment production, we are not insignificant and this industry cannot reopen until mass gatherings can happen again.
This doesn’t include the additional layoff of venue management and bar staff, security and thousands of vendors.
So when you see your entertainment friends begging you to wear masks and stay home, understand that we are helplessly watching our industry crumble before our eyes because the country is doing so poorly at reducing the spread. This IS personal for us, our entire livelihood is dependent on social gathering and we will not accept being labeled “nonessential”.
Music and art are critical to a cheerful, balanced society.
Everyone’s career and the whole industry is indefinitely on hold. PLEASE wear your mask (over your mouth AND your nose) and wash your hands.

Seen this shared from quite a few people across social media.

They raise some valid points.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seen this shared from quite a few people across social media.

They raise some valid points.

I must say I nearly replied to it saying that the Glastonbury owners actually seemed quite sure about 2022 being able to happen even if 2021 couldn't. Dare I say though that we are in a position where festivals almost run on a charity basis like Glastonbury where the fee for acts is much less are less at risk given you essentially either play for peanuts or you don't?

Live Nation is the interesting one as it's the promoter you just don't expect to see in trouble. 

Controversially though I will actually say that I don't exactly agree with the face mask thing. We are reporting cases as high as has ever been now while the face mask law has been in. Social distance from people yes I fully agree but the mask wearing hasn't done anything to help in my opinion because it makes people think that the distancing while wearing them doesn't matter when it's the biggest focal point.

Bars, pubs and restaurants are probably going to have to close again....this whole closing at 10pm is bullshit and everyone knows it. Not even the people who were really on the side of Boris are now. I also think the number of only 6 is a farce too, won't make a different to be whether it's 6, 8 or 10....as long as you are distanced.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I must say I nearly replied to it saying that the Glastonbury owners actually seemed quite sure about 2022 being able to happen even if 2021 couldn't. Dare I say though that we are in a position where festivals almost run on a charity basis like Glastonbury where the fee for acts is much less are less at risk given you essentially either play for peanuts or you don't?

Live Nation is the interesting one as it's the promoter you just don't expect to see in trouble. 

Controversially though I will actually say that I don't exactly agree with the face mask thing. We are reporting cases as high as has ever been now while the face mask law has been in. Social distance from people yes I fully agree but the mask wearing hasn't done anything to help in my opinion because it makes people think that the distancing while wearing them doesn't matter when it's the biggest focal point.

Bars, pubs and restaurants are probably going to have to close again....this whole closing at 10pm is bullshit and everyone knows it. Not even the people who were really on the side of Boris are now. I also think the number of only 6 is a farce too, won't make a different to be whether it's 6, 8 or 10....as long as you are distanced.

Hi Ian.