Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kendrick’s set was as close to a greatest hits set as you’re ever gonna get from him. 7 GKBC tracks in a row right off the bat and then all his other singles played throughout, many of which he hadn’t played regularly in years - don’t know what more you could want from him.

Family Ties being played with Baby Keem was missed by literally nobody (or maybe just Supre).

I made the mistake of listening to someone (possibly on here) saying he’ll mostly be playing the new stuff!

I think the setlist can't get any better. Even if you notice the big choreo moments are with the new songs so that kept the crowd in even the ones that maybe were not familiar. Count Me Out was beautiful, N95 and the lights, Silent Hill with the umbrellas, Savior and the finale... Plus they were mixed between the previous albums blocks. 

What a night.

Edited by AlexOvd

I said a few pages ago that imo he rolled out all his biggest songs, and nailed the delivery. He rose to the occasion.

I would prefer more of a live band. There's no clear consensus as to whether some tracks were edits, or if he had a drummer. I know a choreographed show like this is exciting and a bit of a novelty at a music fest, but ultimately I enjoy hearing and seeing live music performed.  I think David Byrne's approach to incorporating dance and theatre elements takes some beating.

I'm also definitely conflicted as to Kendrick's overall status as an all-time great.  My example is "Element" - I think it's about committing to still do properly things that he doesn't like. But the chorus is about slapping pussy assed n-words, making it look sexy etc. Makes me wince. Choruses of "fuck it, fuck it, fuck it" make me wince too. Is this the point?  

4 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I said a few pages ago that imo he rolled out all his biggest songs, and nailed the delivery. He rose to the occasion.

I would prefer more of a live band. There's no clear consensus as to whether some tracks were edits, or if he had a drummer. I know a choreographed show like this is exciting and a bit of a novelty at a music fest, but ultimately I enjoy hearing and seeing live music performed.  I think David Byrne's approach to incorporating dance and theatre elements takes some beating.

I'm also definitely conflicted as to Kendrick's overall status as an all-time great.  My example is "Element" - I think it's about committing to still do properly things that he doesn't like. But the chorus is about slapping pussy assed n-words, making it look sexy etc. Makes me wince. Choruses of "fuck it, fuck it, fuck it" make me wince too. Is this the point?  

Pretty sure a lot of us have already concluded there was a live band off stage/back of stage. There's no way the band could have been on stage with the level of choreography going off. I also think bands at hip hop acts don't really make a difference in terms of seeing them, most of the skill is often, clearly, the pen and flow of the rapper, so to see a bassist plodding away isn't a must see for me.

Most of the UK dates are selling pretty sluggishly unfortunately. A couple of the regional ones I can see them having to curtain off bits of it.

Kind of mad considering he's just done one of the most acclaimed Glastonbury headline sets, but maybe the price point and the fact there's no hits on the new album means it's too much of a stretch for casual fans.

11 hours ago, Al2006 said:

I think the wrong link got posted but this was his set list last night https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2022/paycom-center-oklahoma-city-ok-33b28c95.html

No King Kunta and Swimming Pools (Drank) is painful . For some reason he tends to keep TPAB album a bit out of the recent shows. We were so privileged to not just listen TPAB songs but very unsusual ones like "I" or "The blacker the berry".

Edited by AlexOvd

10 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Most of the UK dates are selling pretty sluggishly unfortunately. A couple of the regional ones I can see them having to curtain off bits of it.

Kind of mad considering he's just done one of the most acclaimed Glastonbury headline sets, but maybe the price point and the fact there's no hits on the new album means it's too much of a stretch for casual fans.

The price does seem to be super high.. conflicted as that means there are some pretty decent seats left that I could still snap up.. but also it's £100+ 😐

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but hoping someone might have some advice! 

My GF forfeited her Glastonbury ticket for this year as she wasn’t feeling ready to leave our little one (16mo) for that long, but she really wanted to see Kendrick so I bought us standing tickets to his Birmingham date. Turns out when I got back from Glastonbury she’s pregnant again 😅

Do you think there’s any way Ticketmaster will swap my standing tickets for seating tickets, or anyone know of a ticketswap website/forum? Not sure she will fancy being on her feet all that time when she’s 7 or 8 months pregnant.

I was going to just buy new seated tickets and try sell the standing tickets, but they’re not sold out so not sure if they’ll sell.

5 hours ago, Aries said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but hoping someone might have some advice! 

My GF forfeited her Glastonbury ticket for this year as she wasn’t feeling ready to leave our little one (16mo) for that long, but she really wanted to see Kendrick so I bought us standing tickets to his Birmingham date. Turns out when I got back from Glastonbury she’s pregnant again 😅

Do you think there’s any way Ticketmaster will swap my standing tickets for seating tickets, or anyone know of a ticketswap website/forum? Not sure she will fancy being on her feet all that time when she’s 7 or 8 months pregnant.

I was going to just buy new seated tickets and try sell the standing tickets, but they’re not sold out so not sure if they’ll sell.

I'd contact them and explain the situation and hopefully they'd understand and swap them. As neither are sold out hopefully you'll get someone with a heart. Congratulations as well! 

The footage I’ve seen from the tour looks incredible though even if it is heavily leaning towards mr morale, looks like a real piece of performance art and totally different to the Glastonbury set up. 

Im off to the Birmingham gig and instead of treating it like a boozy let’s get wrecked kinda gig I’m going to try and take in the actual show aspect of it 

6 minutes ago, swede said:

The footage I’ve seen from the tour looks incredible though even if it is heavily leaning towards mr morale, looks like a real piece of performance art and totally different to the Glastonbury set up. 

Im off to the Birmingham gig and instead of treating it like a boozy let’s get wrecked kinda gig I’m going to try and take in the actual show aspect of it 

production limitations are a factor and what he wanted to do at the festival.

Rolling Loud tonight wasnt that different than Glasto in that he only diff was a couple of guests. Not the end of the world.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

production limitations are a factor and what he wanted to do at the festival.

Rolling Loud tonight wasnt that different than Glasto in that he only diff was a couple of guests. Not the end of the world.

Have you seen the tour footage with his ventriloquist puppet and then  rapping to the empty chair during Father Time, I think he’s really trying to push the boundaries of what a hip hop show can be, it looks truly stunning and I can’t wait for November as I couldn’t maie glasto this year 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Seeing him tonight in Leeds, got free NHS tickets seats (best in house) yesterday and cannot bloody wait. Setlist looks amazing being very Mr Morales heavy. Anyone know stagetimes? Not gonna get there until 8.30ish.

This is for the O2 - but can't imagine it'll be much different elsewhere. 

Main Doors: 18:30

Tanna Leone: 19:45

Interval: 20:00

Baby Keem: 20:10

Interval: 20:45

KENDRICK LAMAR: 21:05