Paul McCartney twitter post!

dmedxb

Really the big hitters are my top five. Hard to choose but something like

Something

Live and Let Die

Yesterday

Helter Skelter 

Hey Jude

He doesn't seem to have played it for a few tours but Eight Days a Week would be high on my list of tunes that are not nailed on but possible. I'd lose it if he opens with it.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Really the big hitters are my top five. Hard to choose but something like

Something

Live and Let Die

Yesterday

Helter Skelter 

Hey Jude

He doesn't seem to have played it for a few tours but Eight Days a Week would be high on my list of tunes that are not nailed on but possible. I'd lose it if he opens with it.

Eight Days would be fab and from what I can see he hasn't played Yesterday in the UK in a LONG while. 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Eight Days would be fab and from what I can see he hasn't played Yesterday in the UK in a LONG while. 

Blimey you're right - 2015 looks to have been the last time. I just thought it would be a banker but perhaps not? 

Just now, jparx said:

Blimey you're right - 2015 looks to have been the last time. I just thought it would be a banker but perhaps not? 

Just did a check, last time he played it was the same time he played Eight Days a Week in England too. So maybe he pulls both out? I really can't see him not playing Yesterday but then you gotta think can he play 'all' the hits. 

So far on the 'Freshen Up' shows (39 since 2018), he's only played Yesterday five times (seems to play either that, Birthday or I Saw Her Standing There as first encore). It seems appropriate to play Birthday at Glastonbury's 50th, but also seems inconceivable that he'd not play Yesterday. Don't hold your breath for Eight Days A Week!

Edited by henry bear

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

So far on the 'Freshen Up' shows (39 since 2018), he's only played Yesterday five times (seems to play either that, Birthday or I Saw Her Standing There as first encore). It seems appropriate to play Birthday at Glastonbury's 50th, but also seems inconceivable that he'd not play Yesterday. Don't hold your breath for Eight Days A Week!

Good knowledge 

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Honestly don't get people worrying about his voice. When I'm drunk with me mates on the Pyramid field, dancing and singing away to hit after hit, I'm hardly going to be thinking "oh no, this really doesn't sound as good as how he did 50 years ago, my night is ruined"

But I probably won't be drunk and would like to hear him sound much better than he does in the video. If he can't sing anymore, should he be a headliner regardless of his history?

Edited by Ommadawn

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

But I probably won't be drunk and would like to hear him sound much better than he does in the video. If he can't sing anymore, should he be a headliner regardless of his history?

People are still enjoying his concerts and those who attend always seem to be overwhelmingly positive. So yes, still a headliner.

My bet is it won’t come over fantastically on telly With the mixes but that there, it will sound fine. 

Edited by strummer77

8 hours ago, strummer77 said:

People are still enjoying his concerts and those who attend always seem to be overwhelmingly positive. So yes, still a headliner.

My bet is it won’t come over fantastically on telly With the mixes but that there, it will sound fine. 

Same as the Stones, people say it didn’t sound great on TV but for me it was one of the best things I’ve been apart of in my life!

As long as you have realistic expectations of how he'll sound it'll be grand. As mentioned a few posts back his days of belting out the likes of Long Tall Sally have passed but he'll do just fine on the current set list. 

It's going to be amazing. 

• 4 weeks later...