Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

Put my back out so I'm on tramadol and will have to vicariously live through the drunkards on here. Although the packaging does just say to "limit" alcohol...?

Best time to put your back out really, when you're not allowed to leave the house anyway. Got to look for some positives :(

I haven't drank since sunday and before that I drank every day since the start of march or pretty much since this shite began! Not getting pissed but id have one or two every night, Ive decided its a habit i need to break so Im going to save it for the weekend only from now on... too easy when you're working from home. Good thing tomorrows friday!

Edited by Madyaker

Lockdown and everyone's new zooming obsession essentially means you can get on the lash at any time of day because there's always someone you know who is boozing. Was up until 3.30am with a friend in NYC last night, so I'm hungover as fuck now and have to Skype some Hanoi friends at 4pm (who are already on the beers now) and then have virtual pub drinks with the lads from school at 8. 

It's basically like being 25 again. Or at a festival. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Lockdown and everyone's new zooming obsession essentially means you can get on the lash at any time of day because there's always someone you know who is boozing. Was up until 3.30am with a friend in NYC last night, so I'm hungover as fuck now and have to Skype some Hanoi friends at 4pm (who are already on the beers now) and then have virtual pub drinks with the lads from school at 8. 

It's basically like being 25 again. Or at a festival. 

That's a fine performance Sasperalla. That'll look good on any CV as an example of going the extra mile! 

I'm fairly deranged right now through certain excesses. I don't think I'm drunk, but could be - who knows? I'm certainly stoned - of that much I'm certain. 

Anyway, keep up the good work folks. 

As an aside, I think that maybe we should all write in to Blue Peter and ask them for a badge for our stirling efforts in managing life by putting everything in to manageable blocks of sobriety. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just sat in the garden, glorious sunshine, and drunk four cans of Bud . drunk? Not really but need a piss that’s for sure 

quick edit, Mrs c has just delivered a plate of jersey royals, chicken and mixed veg that includes fuckin broccoli. 

Yeah, I don't get broccoli either.

Just starting off today's drinking with a nice G & T. Pretty late in the day for me.

Just having an interesting video conversation with friends after many beers. 

We were talking about how good the old days of raving were and we worked out it was because we could do what we wanted all weekend and get messy without having to worry about being plastered all over social media. Our conclusion is that social media is holding us back. We want those carefree days back!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 1:35 AM, squirrelarmy said:

We were talking about how good the old days of raving were and we worked out it was because we could do what we wanted all weekend and get messy without having to worry about being plastered all over social media. Our conclusion is that social media is holding us back. We want those carefree days back!

Isn't the answer to just get messy and not look at social media afterwards?

On 4/25/2020 at 1:35 AM, squirrelarmy said:

We, ( my wife and myself) have to constantly remind one of our friends not to post photos of us on Facebook. I don't give a shit personally, but my wife is 'escaping' something bad, and having her photo out there in the public domain ain't helpful.